M3P Ludicrous Review

I watched this one earlier. I'm having a hard time considering any other car than this one as my next. I have a feeling I'd get over the turn signals pretty quick. The shifter is a non issue as I find I try and shift into drive too quick most of the time with the stalk and it hardly ever responds the first time. I have to actively stand on the brake and wait a second for it to respond the first time.

It otherwise fixes any of my small gripes about our current car and it's seriously fast which is what I'm looking for in my daily. I'm going to try and wait 3 years, but we'll see how my resolve and self control lasts me.

I watched this one earlier. I'm having a hard time considering any other car than this one as my next. I have a feeling I'd get over the turn signals pretty quick. The shifter is a non issue as I find I try and shift into drive too quick most of the time with the stalk and it hardly ever responds the first time. I have to actively stand on the brake and wait a second for it to respond the first time.

It otherwise fixes any of my small gripes about our current car and it's seriously fast which is what I'm looking for in my daily. I'm going to try and wait 3 years, but we'll see how my resolve and self control lasts me.
Go drive a Highland. The Model 3 has grown up. The seats sell the car themselves.
I will miss our 2018 Mid Range, I can tell you that much. It's been a wonderful car, and turbo fun.

Go drive a Highland. The Model 3 has grown up. The seats sell the car themselves.
I will miss our 2018 Mid Range, I can tell you that much. It's been a wonderful car, and turbo fun.
Oh I'm sure. I just don't think I need any additional push to buy a car right now. I like the current car enough to buy this one. I don't need an excuse to buy another one right now. 😂

It'll replace the GTI now with my current charging setup. No problem at all for my use.

Oh I'm sure. I just don't think I need any additional push to buy a car right now. I like the current car enough to buy this one. I don't need an excuse to buy another one right now. 😂

It'll replace the GTI now with my current charging setup. No problem at all for my use.
Look me up when you visit Silicon Valley. You can take a spin in mine.

Look me up when you visit Silicon Valley. You can take a spin in mine.
I'd love to, but by the time I get the vacation time to get out there I'll probably be buying before then. I'll definitely work out a time to check it out in either Madison or Milwaukee. I've been in the Highland Long Range, but I didn't drive the car that day.

I'll definitely schedule a drive on the Performance when I start getting serious. The only cars at this time I'm considering is the Golf R, RS3, and the M3P. I'm just having a hard time considering the first two when the last one exists. It kills both of them for less money. The performance is at a level where it would take a heavily modified RS3 to match it. I'm not exactly trying to hit a goal for performance, but it's a measurable metric that can't be ignored in the comparison.

Id go HI5N over this.
It’s not a small amount more expensive and the range isn’t great. Looking to see real world numbers on it, but it is at least a consideration for now. I don’t want a crossover posing as a hatch though. I like a lot about it otherwise.

It’s not a small amount more expensive and the range isn’t great. Looking to see real world numbers on it, but it is at least a consideration for now. I don’t want a crossover posing as a hatch though. I like a lot about it otherwise.
Real world numbers are the same as the current EV6 GT, around 250-280mi but also as low as 200-220, all depends on whether it's highway only, or what.

For me, it's worth it due to the superior technology/engineering/quality and the fact that they put an actual interior in the car.

Real world numbers are the same as the current EV6 GT, around 250-280mi but also as low as 200-220, all depends on whether it's highway only, or what.

For me, it's worth it due to the superior technology/engineering/quality and the fact that they put an actual interior in the car.
We don’t know that yet.

Actual interior. 🙄

If I’m buying a car on interior appointments it wouldn’t be a Hyundai, Kia, or Tesla. As far as cost the Ioniq 5 N is the same amount above a Model 3 Performance as a Model S is over the Ioniq 5 N and both of the lower cars have laughable mileage to the Model S. It’s not in the conversation. I like it, but it’s still an oversized wannabe hot hatch. I really wanted to get one, but price and being a crossover are instantly disqualifying it. As much as it hurts to say it having high hopes for it, pass.

Last edited:
We don’t know that yet.

Actual interior. 🙄

If I’m buying a car on interior appointments it wouldn’t be a Hyundai, Kia, or Tesla. As far as cost the Ioniq 5 N is the same amount above a Model 3 Performance as a Model S is over the Ioniq 5 N and both of the lower cars have laughable mileage to the Model S. It’s not in the conversation. I like it, but it’s still an oversized wannabe hot hatch. I really wanted to get one, but price and being a crossover are instantly disqualifying it. As much as it hurts to say it having high hopes for it, pass.
Dont know what?

It is funny that you bring that up. I am searching for a new truck, and utterly dislike stupidly complex interiors. The Tesla may be a bit too far the other way, but I've got to say, I much prefer fewer knobs, dials, improperly configured vents and excessive gauges. If Tesla provides a way to get a perfectly black/dark nighttime interior without any light from that iPad, I'd be even happier...

As a performance driving enthusiast, my preferences are for a great view outside and comfortable seats. I guess that's why I love convertibles so much.

The new Model 3 performance is very enticing.

It is funny that you bring that up. I am searching for a new truck, and utterly dislike stupidly complex interiors. The Tesla may be a bit too far the other way, but I've got to say, I much prefer fewer knobs, dials, improperly configured vents and excessive gauges. If Tesla provides a way to get a perfectly black/dark nighttime interior without any light from that iPad, I'd be even happier...

As a performance driving enthusiast, my preferences are for a great view outside and comfortable seats. I guess that's why I love convertibles so much.

The new Model 3 performance is very enticing.
It blacks out at night, moreso than my VW does. I thought it would be harsh too, but it seems to allow the screen to go lower in brightness than my other car in addition to going to a black background for everything. I don't know if it has a way to do it because I've never looked, but what would be smart is a minimalist display where it only shows the speedometer when the rest isn't needed.

The actual range. The car hasn't been out for long. I would also assume it's underrated as we've seen in the past, but I can't buy a car on the promise of 220 miles of range.
We have tons of real world data. Its the same as the ev6 GT. The wider tires and bigger motor offset the larger capacity battery. Both car and driver, and forum members, are getting near identical range between the two.

We have tons of real world data. Its the same as the ev6 GT. The wider tires and bigger motor offset the larger capacity battery. Both car and driver, and forum members, are getting near identical range between the two.
Your definition and my definition of tons of real world data must be two different things. The car has barely been out 2 months.

It doesn't matter though, it's an expensive crossover which isn't what I want anyway. I'd love all of that in a vehicle that was actually a smaller hatchback. It wouldn't have had to be so heavy if they've done that, which would have made it an even better performer.

Your definition and my definition of tons of real world data must be two different things. The car has barely been out 2 months.

It doesn't matter though, it's an expensive crossover which isn't what I want anyway. I'd love all of that in a vehicle that was actually a smaller hatchback. It wouldn't have had to be so heavy if they've done that, which would have made it an even better performer.
I think the Model 3 is simply a sedan. And not a big one either, with nearly identical dimensions to a Nissan Sentra. But like you say, heavy. It seems not to matter though. Not long ago, this kind of performance was reserved for supercars.

With 510HP, it promises to be pretty epic on the street and track. There are even some predictions that it will be in the high 10 second range 1/4 mile. I'll wait on believing that, as most M3P's run 114-115MPH in the 1/4, 11.7s to low 12's. 10 seconds would require a huge increase in power.

Last edited:
I think the Model 3 is simply a sedan. And not a big one either, with nearly identical dimensions to a Nissan Sentra. But like you say, heavy. It seems not to matter though. Not long ago, this kind of performance was reserved for supercars.
Yes. I want a car and buy cars. I’d love the Ioniq 5 N setup in one of their cars instead.

With 510HP, it promises to be pretty epic on the street and track. There are even some predictions that it will be in the high 10 second range 1/4 mile. I'll wait on believing that, as most M3P's run 114-115MPH in the 1/4, 11.7s to low 12's. 10 seconds would require a huge increase in power.
Looks like its ever so slightly faster than my ev6 GT, but the handling and thermal management remains to be seen, and of course its a small car vs something the size of an RDX, lol!

They also lowered the ground clearance to 5.0", which makes it a total no-go for me and many others, and puts it in the same category as an actual sports car, making it rather niche. I am curious about its MYP counterpart when it arrives, though!

Here are 3 different cars:
Screenshot_20240530-201304_dragy.jpg

Screenshot_20240530-201318_dragy.jpg

Screenshot_20240530-201135_dragy.jpg

Last edited:
Back