M1 oils at Wal Mart

Just noticed these today at Wal Mart.

Never noticed them there before. I mean the EP 0w20 and 5w20

IMG_9342.jpeg

IMG_9343.jpeg

IMG_9341.jpeg

Good Morning Sir. Thank you for showing us the Mobil 1 oils. While I don't normally use Mobil 1 products, I do enjoy seeing any type of "new" oil and oil filters. Thank you again. Irishman

All those labels confuse me. What ever happened to plain ol' 30w detergent vs non-detergent?
Exxon-Mobil has really tightened their grip on the Walton Enterprises. I'll bet they are using money as the knot to owning increased shelf space at Walmart stores. If it weren't for Collusion Laws that protect other oil bottler competitors, the Waltons would probably fill those shelves with only Mobil and Supertech labels.

Being a Mobil-1 user, I applaud seeing all those labels available to us.

Exxon-Mobil has really tightened their grip on the Walton Enterprises. I'll bet they are using money as the knot to owning increased shelf space at Walmart stores. If it weren't for Collusion Laws that protect other oil bottler competitors, the Waltons would probably fill those shelves with only Mobil and Supertech labels.

I’m not sure I buy all of what you wrote. I’m sorry: you are entitled to your opinion. If that’s what’s going on at Wal Mart, show us FACTS. I doubt it’s true though

True. What I was wondering is where is the new darling oil VAlvoline “restore and protect” ?

I’m betting only AAP and Autozone carry it.
I didn't think about that - with more ST products on the shelves where will the Valvoline products sit in relation to all the oils?

Exactly GMBoy.
It's no secret that many vendors pay for their small spaces on Walmart shelves. The richest vendors are trying to squeeze out the smaller vendors.
In the meantime, the Waltons fill their wallets - then the product arrives on the shelves.
I was one of those vendors for 30 years. We were told beforehand what products we could move over on the shelf and what products we couldn't.

Then when shelf resets occurred once in a while, we would find out 'who out-bidded who' for that extra two feet of space.

Exactly GMBoy.
It's no secret that many vendors pay for their small spaces on Walmart shelves. The richest vendors are trying to squeeze out the smaller vendors.
In the meantime, the Waltons fill their wallets - then the product arrives on the shelves.
I was one of those vendors for 30 years. We were told beforehand what products we could move over on the shelf and what products we couldn't.

Then when shelf resets occurred once in a while, we would find out 'who out-bidded who' for that extra two feet of space.
Let me remind you of one thing 777

A business is out there to MAKE money, not LOSE money. My stepfather who is very wise taught me this. I’m sure you know this correct??

They definitely pushed Castrol out

Highly unlikely to the extent you state. Mobil 1 in the few Wally's I frequent has a good showing of shelf space but it is upper shelf to lower shelf. Next section of shelving is Valvoline, which is about the same size. Valvoline was a small space and now it's a large space. At least in my Wallly, that conflicts with your premise.

What's interesting to me is my Wally ditched some space for Castrol and QS. Those offerings have shrunk. The SuperTech space has remained in what I'd call medium status for years. It's not as big as Mobil or Valvoline.

Back