M1 oils at Wal Mart

Only $2 more for EP verse standard full synthetic is a good deal since it is ‘formulated’ for the extra 10k miles.

I used to run exclusively M1 EP before I switched to Kirkland 0W20, which I recall is about $12.5 per jug. With EP, I used 15k OCI but changed the Pure One filter midway. I am sure EP can go 20k miles and more in vehicle that see that many more in a year and most people don’t.

Let me remind you of one thing 777

A business is out there to MAKE money, not LOSE money. My stepfather who is very wise taught me this. I’m sure you know this correct??
Tell that to bush light that saw 30% decrease in sale for the alphabet stunt.

Let’s stay on topic folks. “Someone” already trashed thread with Wal Mart and making money; now others are hopping on bandwagon with beer, etc garbage.

Point being: don’t muddy up a decent thread. This is NOT about corporate greed and beer.

If it goes off the rails: MODS will he notified!!

in the past i used Mobil 1 EP 5w-30,in another vehicle,,however the formulas some time changed,then went on to another brand (havoline& RP),but it is still a good oil,,too many variations of Mobil 1 it seems

Same. They do have the single quart containers of M1 ESP 0W-30 at my local Walmart, but not the 5qt jugs. Usually go to Autozone for the deal that includes the STP filter for a little shy of $40.
When you could get the same thing at Walley World for a little under $30 on sale?

When you could get the same thing at Walley World for a little under $30 on sale?
I wasn't clear. To be specific - at Autozone a 5qt container of M1 ESP 0W-30 ($28.79) plus an extended life STP cartridge filter ($9.20) is about $38 in total if purchased together. I always prefer the 5qt container (less plastic to dispose of, and only one container to open). Was saying at my Walmart the 5qt M1 ESP 0W-30 is never available, but yes, checking the website it is listed at $37.99 (oil only). While the single quart containers are available for $7.97 each, or $39.85 total, again without a filter.

I wasn't clear. To be specific - at Autozone a 5qt container of M1 ESP 0W-30 ($28.79) plus an extended life STP cartridge filter ($9.20) is about $38 in total if purchased together. I always prefer the 5qt container (less plastic to dispose of, and only one container to open). Was saying at my Walmart the 5qt M1 ESP 0W-30 is never available, but yes, checking the website it is listed at $37.99 (oil only). While the single quart containers are available for $7.97 each, or $39.85 total, again without a filter.
Oh it was clear handy take precedence over price. 5W-30 22.97.
Walmart Oil filter was $8.97 each Fram Ultra Synthetic on sale

Reactions: hrv
Exxon-Mobil has really tightened their grip on the Walton Enterprises. I'll bet they are using money as the knot to owning increased shelf space at Walmart stores. If it weren't for Collusion Laws that protect other oil bottler competitors, the Waltons would probably fill those shelves with only Mobil and Supertech labels.

Being a Mobil-1 user, I applaud seeing all those labels available to us.
Nobody is touching Supertech on the shelf ever since the suppliers/Walmart got greedy. Why get generic store brand oil when basic Quaker State synthetic or Pennzoil black synthetic is the same price?

Nobody is touching Supertech on the shelf ever since the suppliers/Walmart got greedy. Why get generic store brand oil when basic Quaker State synthetic or Pennzoil black synthetic is the same price?
That is my thinking - especially if you own a GDI engine . While Super Tech may meet the GM D1 / Gen 3 spec , you may find Quaker State / Pennzoil have lower NOACK still , less VII’s added (GTL) etc. that produce less deposits .

Back