M1 HM or MaxLife for the Cavalier?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So for the almost 300k cavalier I have; I'm contemplating either M1HM or MaxLife. Grade would be 5w30. No leaks and it's doing great in lovely PA winter so far. The Michelin snow's help a LOT

Thanks in advance

use the Maxlife if you're doing 5000 mile OCI. That's what I do. Although, I might try Pennzoil HM next change in the Rav4. Its leak is getting worse.

Originally Posted By: bigt61
If it's not leaking or using oil, I'd just use SuperTech.

+1 if it doesn't leak and is high mileage I would say you got your money's worth. I would run ST and a delco filter. Change every 5k

Repost after you use the two jugs..things can change between now and then....
lol.gif

Cheap car gets cheap oil

Last edited:
My 92 Cavalier has 212,000 miles on it and I use Trop Artic blend that I buy for $1.99 a qrt. It does seep oil a little bit but doesn't drip on the ground. Car runs fine on it.

Wayne

Hey car51, I also am in PA (south eastern) and have a 98 Cavalier 2.2 with 273,000 miles that my GF uses for a commuter car. For what it's worth my cav has always burned some oil. Less than 1 quart every 5k with Maxlife or Pennzoil High Mileage. It likes both of those. Burns more with other oils like PYB, M1, or as I'm finding out now Quaker State Ultimate Durability FS. Seems to run the quietest on PYB. Never bothered with a UOA.

If there's no leaks and you're not topping off no need for HM. Go with SuperTech unless you can find a better deal than that.

guy I work with has a cavalier of that vintage he bought new and has a long highway commute to work every day. Hes got over 400,000 miles on his now and has used nothing but PYB. He actually had to replace the factory steel wheels at some point because the bevel where the lug nuts seat against the wheels had worn out due to taking them off and on so much for tire rotations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back