Is Supertech "conventional" HM still a thing? I need an oil to help slow a non-specific leak now that I cant find ST HM.

The vehicle is a 2002 Suburban with almost 300k. Its had a,non-specific leak for years and ST HM 5w30 actually helped quite a bit. But now I cant find it. Ive tried 2 OCIs with Maxlife, but the leak came back. What oil or additive should I try.

what kinda leak are we talking about here? from the valve cover? the rear main seal? In theory higher viscosity oils can slow leaks, but seals that are cracked will just keep leaking under pressure. if its valve cover you can check your pcv value, make sure its clean or replace, or just bite the bullet and buy a new gasket get out your socket drivers and a tube of rtv and some pb blaster. just don't break any bolts and you'll be fine.

what kinda leak are we talking about here? from the valve cover? the rear main seal? In theory higher viscosity oils can slow leaks, but seals that are cracked will just keep leaking under pressure. if its bite the bullet and buy a new gasket get out your socket drivers and a tube of rtv and some pb blaster. just don't break any bolts and you'll be fine.
This isnt a daily driver, so I have never taken the time to track down the leak. When it started a few years ago, I switched for ST HM and it slowed it to the point where I was losing less than 1/2,qt per 4k OCI, so I just never put it as a priority. I may have to attempt to chase it down now

I thought they renamed it to “All Mileage” but on their website it shows the high mileage still available for shipping.

Edit— once I add it to my cart it says out of stock, so it looks like the All Mileage has replaced it.

990652A0-2E2A-40F3-B608-2DA30DCEACA3.jpeg
CCCB2306-8C99-4DFF-8A26-31D7161248FA.jpeg

5BB71222-1E2B-491D-A3FF-E05D4ECF859C.jpeg

Try 10w40 Quaker State High Mileage, worked better than Maxlife for me. Or Havoline HM works very well to. Also could add Liqui Moly Motor Oil Saver to help w the leak.

I'm from the school of, if it's using more oil then the mfgr says it should be, run heavier oil in it until it slows down. Both my wife's Chevy equinox and my ex ford Explorer, are on a oil diet of 10/40 wt auto part store brand oil. Slowed consumption down big time. Cheapest way I've found to get results, without spending more money.,,,

I run the same platform but with 200K miles and running "Free" Castrol Magnatec 10W-30 thanks to O'reilly's clearance ;)

IMO, Nothing really beat's this deal $15 for 6 quarts !!

Note: Temperature:Above -18 OtherNotes: Capacity:5.7 L Grade:API*

Havoline

Chevron Havoline High Mileage Synthetic Technology Motor Oil 10W-30, 6 Quart Smart Change Box​

(4.8)4.8 stars out of 33 reviews33 reviews
$15.47
Was $19.98
Prices may vary online, in stores, and in-app
Add to cart

Chevron Havoline High Mileage Synthetic Technology Motor Oil 10W-30, 6 Quart Smart Change Box​

• Chevron Havoline High Mileage Synthetic Technology Oil has advanced additives that can help maintain the condition of seals and gaskets to control oil consumption. It is especially suited for the unique needs of engines that have accumulated 75,000 miles or more
  • Help reduce leak and prevent oil consumption
  • Reduce evaporative oil loss at high temperature compared to conventional motor oils
  • Help reduce sludge and deposit buildup to keep engines running longer
  • Provide superior mitigation against Low Speed Pre-Ignition  in turbocharged direct injection engines to protect critical engine parts
  • Preserve fuel economy better than conventional motor oils which helps save on fuel costs
  • Deliver better cold-start performance down to -35°C (0W-20) and -30°C (5W-30)
We aim to show you accurate product information. Manufacturers, suppliers and others provide what you see here, and we have not verified it. See our disclaimer

Pack Size:Single
Pack Size SingleSingle$15.47

Shipping, arrives by to

Sold and shipped by Walmart.com

boxReturn.svg
Free 90-Day returnsDetails

PickupDelivery1-day shipping​

image 0 of Chevron Havoline High Mileage Synthetic Technology Motor Oil 10W-30, 6 Quart Smart Change Box

image 1 of Chevron Havoline High Mileage Synthetic Technology Motor Oil 10W-30, 6 Quart Smart Change Box

image 2 of Chevron Havoline High Mileage Synthetic Technology Motor Oil 10W-30, 6 Quart Smart Change Box

image 3 of Chevron Havoline High Mileage Synthetic Technology Motor Oil 10W-30, 6 Quart Smart Change Box

Change brand after 2 oci see which gives best results. ( pennzoil high mileage or quarter Sate high mileage or any other high mileage oil from big companies will help try all see which works best for you car Or liqui moly motor oil saver ester base seal conditioner or not lubeguard biotech help with leak try see I will not recommend any other stop leak products.

Back