M1 5W20 High Mileage in a NEW car

My previous vehicle was a Ford Fusion (Company fleet vehicle.) I took it to my local MAVIS for a oil change every 5K miles, from brand new. Every oil change it got Valvoline Maxlife 5W-20.

Engine DID blow up, but had nothing to do with the oil. Coolant leaking into cylinder via short block crack (awful design. tons and tons of Fords were affected by it.)

I will not used high mileage oil low mileage car because high mileage oil higher % seal conditioner/ swealler maybe 1 qt max if 6 qts capacity after 100k it will go hm oil.
I’ll have to say I’m in that club too. Two totally different cars. Used hm oils a few times, switched back to regular oil, suddenly get gasket leaks.

Maybe pure happenstance, but enough that I won’t take that gamble.

Mobil's recommendation has always been different than Valvoline and they used to state this in their FAQ section.

I sent an email to Mobil and will post the reply once I receive one.
In a nutshell, they recommended staying with the normal flavor of Mobil 1 but did not provide a specific reason for doing so.

LOL even if you get it for $4 a jug like I did?
Then I would take it and used it because both regular and high mileage oil same except seal conditioner make sure it has meet car spec. But will not used if my car less than 60 k or it under warranty.

Then I would take it and used it because both regular and high mileage oil same except seal conditioner make sure it has meet car spec. But will not used if my car less than 60 k or it under warranty.
So even if the oil carries the listed license, specification or approval you still think it could violate your warranty?

So even if the oil carries the listed license, specification or approval you still think it could violate your warranty?
It will not violate the warranty but they will give hard time or just give all kind excuse to not do warranty works if I need it ( to save $15-20 it not worth argue or fight with warranty claim)

Hmm, well that's not been my experience but I guess some shady dealerships could do that if you told them AND there was an oil-related failure.

Still though, you'd be using exactly what was listed in the manual so it's hard road for the dealership to take. I wonder what analysis they would use to prove you used an HM oil?

Yes, the car definitely cares if it has no oil. It might take a few miles of driving, but it will talk and the driver will have no choice but to listen.
I'm confused. The insinuation is that caring and the presence of a soul are inclusive.

I believe the pertinent question is when does the car start caring, and is this the point where premature damage may occur or later? IE, if the car cares, does it care enough and about the correct things? Do different cars care at different levels like humans? Are there nonchalant cars and paranoid cars? To insinuate a car cares, and therefore has a soul, is to insinuate in our perspective that it has emotions. How are these emotions affecting the car's attitude towards self-preservation?

Back