M1 -108 13k

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only real complaint is the very tiny media. Some wide gaps at seam but the media was strong and not gonna bend or tear probably for another 20k or more. Dunno how long it could go before loading up though as its so small.

nc1b3r.jpg
2v7z0hj.jpg
1hvw4i.jpg

Looks clean. What vehicle and oil? Any chance you could fit a longer filter in there? Might be helpful to increase capacity.

Originally Posted By: AuthorEditor
Looks clean. What vehicle and oil? Any chance you could fit a longer filter in there? Might be helpful to increase capacity.

2012 mazda2
Pu 5w30 for 8k and sams club 10w30 for 5k. Yes i think the 103 or somthing equivelint to l14610 is longer but works

I think the M1-110 is the equivalent to the PL14610. If that's the size you may want to do like everyone else around here and try a Fram Ultra XG7317 rated for up to 15k. Cheaper than the M1 filters but with full synthetic media and built strong.

Originally Posted By: mikered30
Wow that is a tiny element. Lawn mowers have bigger filters than that.

Yes haha
I just disected an inline at filter and its media is about equal in mass.

Originally Posted By: Plawan
Originally Posted By: AuthorEditor

2012 mazda2
Pu 5w30 for 8k and sams club 10w30 for 5k. Yes i think the 103 or somthing equivelint to l14610 is longer but works

The M1-110 is the longer version. Also the Purolator 14610 or Fram 7317 is the long version. All usable if you have the physical room on the engine to mount a longer filter.

Weedeater sized
smile.gif

I've been saying this for a long time about how small this filter is.. Crazy small. But I guess it is fine because those engineers know more than I do for sure. But it is sure small though.

Originally Posted By: SirTanon
Tiny filter, but appears to have held up well for 13k.

Is it just me, or are there water drops in a few spots on that filter?

I see what your talkung about. However i did not notice water or signs of moisture in the oil or filter when changing the oil or inspecting the filter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back