M1 0W-20, 4000 miles, F150 5.4L V8 4X4

Status
Not open for further replies.
02' F150, 34K miles, 4X4, 90% city miles, this OCI from Feb. 05' to June 05'- temps from 5 degrees to 95 degrees, 5 full months. *4K on this OCI*
analysis by Terry.

---7/04------10/04------**7/05**------
--M1 SSmix----M1R-------*M1 0W-20*----

Al--3--------3-------------4----------
Ca--1970-----3325---------2911--------
Cr--1--------1-------------1----------
Cu--7--------6-------------6----------
Fe--13-------13------------14---------
Pb--0--------2-------------0----------
Mg--19-------22------------24---------
Mo--64-------86------------86---------
P---652------1456----------890--------
K---0--------2-------------1----------
Si--10-------12------------7----------
Na--7--------7-------------7----------
Sn--0--------0-------------1----------
Zn--655------1624----------1062-------
St--0--------0-------------0----------
OXI-42-------34------------71---------
NIT-71-------66------------80---------
SUL-30-------39------------42---------
Boron----------------------154--------
Ni-------------------------1----------
Phosph---------------------890--------
W---N--------N-------------N----------
A---N--------N-------------N----------
F---N--------N-------------?----------
V100-10.2----14------------9.7--------
TBN-6--------8.5-----------4.0--------
PQ ferrous debris----------19---------
V, Ti, Ag, ----------------0----------

1 Qt. makeup oil, changed dirty air filter 4 months into OCI.
M1 mix from 04' was 3 qts. M1 5-30 + 3q 0-20.
Again, MOSTLY city miles.

dunno.gif

cheers.gif

I think it's a great report. 90% city driving would be tough on any oil/engine and the extreme weather variation. Wear metals are very good.
smile.gif

With only 4000 miles per OCI, why don't you try Motorcraft or Pennzoil 5w-20 and see how it does?

I'd bet that it would be just as good.

And the difference between the M1 and cheaper oils would allow you to maybe buy a gallon of Gas when you change the oil in 6 months!
shocked.gif

(The way gas is going up... 30 cents in 2 weeks...)
twak.gif

Take care, Bill

Originally posted by AndyH:
[QB] In case anyone else is interested, here are phillyFX4's previous two UOA threads (I looked them up as I was curious about the mileage for these two previous UOA's).

Andy, I'm one of those weaklings who find it hard to go past the 3months/3k benchmarks :), but I'm trying. With all the city driving I do, I think I'll settle on every 4 months with synthetic. I'm trying M1 5w-30 EP now, will do a UOA in the fall.....motor oil is the lifeline to an engine, I personally don't find $5./qt. of oil offensive if it's the best thing. I visit this site often to learn from you guys, maybe some of the advice is sinking in, stay safe.
cool.gif

Wow, you find $5 a quart oil ok even though $1 or $2 would prob do just as well?
shocked.gif

Hope you don't feel this way about $4 a gallon gas!
grin.gif
(though we don't have a choice on how much $$ we spend on per gallon of gas...
mad.gif
)

Ok...

What you should try is Mobil 7500 for 4 months, thats half price and do a UOA with the left over money. See how that does.

I'd bet that it will be as good!
cool.gif

4 months or 4k on Mobil 1 EP is $$$. I'd rather see you go with more UOAs for trending and using 7500. Both would cost the same as just the Mobil 1 oil.

Just IMHO...
cheers.gif

Take care, Bill
biggthumbcoffe.gif

Bill, it's 8 miles each way to work. Or 1 mile to the nearest Wawa for coffee(must have :) ). Maybe 4 times a month I'll travel to the Jersey shore for surf fishing, probably the only 4 days a month my engine gets to normal operating temperature. With the exception of a few very small scratches here and there this truck looks brand new, and I try to drive it with that in mind. I think I'll stick with full synthetic.....thanks for the opinion tho.
wink.gif

quote:

Originally posted by phillyFX4:
Bill, it's 8 miles each way to work. Or 1 mile to the nearest Wawa for coffee(must have :) ). Maybe 4 times a month I'll travel to the Jersey shore for surf fishing, probably the only 4 days a month my engine gets to normal operating temperature. With the exception of a few very small scratches here and there this truck looks brand new, and I try to drive it with that in mind. I think I'll stick with full synthetic.....thanks for the opinion tho.
wink.gif

I have family in Swarthmore, PA and was there this last June.. And the first place I see when getting close to their street is the Wawa on the corner..
grin.gif

I'd bet you if you "tried" just for one oci the 7500 you'd see that I'm right! (and you could get more Wawa coffee
biggthumbcoffe.gif
) for the difference.
cool.gif

But I would say if your running Mobil 1, Go with a 6mo or 9mo OCI. Really @ 4k or 4mo your wasting the MObil 1...

Take care and thanks for reminding me to call my family in PA this weekend!

Love the Wawa store.
worshippy.gif
Bill
cheers.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back