M0512 = GREEN AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Originally posted by Crashbox:
I wouldn't buy a broken-seal bottle, either. Who knows what sort of adulterant that someone could slip in there?! Carborundum? High-temp thermosetting compound? RDX? Scholastic acid?

Maybe even some M1!
wink.gif

Just please don't responde with your usual Havoline pitch.
I would like to hear somethig new from you.
Havoline might be a fine oil, just not "the best engine lube available today."
spaz.gif

VAD please look at the VAO run by BRUCE381,then tell me that GC is the best engine lubricant on the market. This GC has a very weak add package, but dont take my word for it ask BRUCE381 his opinion,i wont get into how i know,but BRUCE381 has incredible knowledge when its comes to engine lubricants, HE MAKES THEM.

quote:

Originally posted by drums57:
VAD please look at the VAO run by BRUCE381,then tell me that GC is the best engine lubricant on the market. This GC has a very weak add package, but dont take my word for it ask BRUCE381 his opinion,i wont get into how i know,but BRUCE381 has incredible knowledge when its comes to engine lubricants, HE MAKES THEM.

drums: There is more to an oil's performance than how strong or weak it's add package is.

What other synthetic xW-30, oil readily available in the US, is BMW-LL01 and ACEA A3/B3 rated besides BMW 5W-30 ? And have Elves!

Not Valvoline Synpower 5w-30 A1/B1
Not Pennzoil Platinum 5w-30 A1/B1
Not Quaker State Full Synthetic 5w-30 A1 /A5
Not Mobil 1 5w-30 or 0w-30 A1/B1
Not Mobil 1 EP 5w-30 A1/B1
Not Kendall 5w-30 no ACEA rating

These companies have to goto a xW-40 to get a HT/HS rating > 3.5

drums57, why don't you go ahead and find a UOA from an LS1 powered vehicle (like my Corvette) with better wear numbers than my reports with GC. The proof is in the numbers.

Go...
canada.gif
Patman
canada.gif
...go
grin.gif
 -

There, of course, is an error in this picture...some hacker manipulated the photo and put an M1 logo where the GC logo should be

quote:

Originally posted by Tones:

quote:

Originally posted by shanneba:
What other synthetic xW-30...

Valvoline maxlife synthetic looks good

(This elf crap is getting really old.)

But Tones, mon ami, vaught do you expect to hear in zee gazering place of zee diminuitive ones (please to glance again at zee ty-tell of zee forum); vaught you are suggesting is akin to going to a football game and complaining zat everyone is talkink about football.
dunno.gif

PS There is plenty of "technical" info passed in this forum as well as "Elfe Talke."
cheers.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Tones:
If it is true that the GC is back to green, then it tells me they most likely put the US stuff in the German bottles for a while.

If it is true...
rolleyes.gif

We havn't seen a single evidence of that.
Other than the unproven claim (the Green is back) made by the starter of this topic.
We need more factual info on the topic, not just speculation.

I hope everyone realizes that the green is only a dye and dose absolutely nothing to improve the proformance and protection of this product.

quote:

I hope everyone realizes that the green is only a dye and dose absolutely nothing to improve the proformance and protection of this product.

OMG really? The green is dye? Oh crap, thanks for telling us that. What am I going to do? I thought green = protection. Should I trade all of my green oil back in for the "oil" colored oil? What oil color offers the best protection and performance? If you don't mind saying, what color oil do you use? I thought that GC have been through tests and proven in UOA's that it was a great oil. Come to find out the color is a dye.

Thank you Mr Drums. I am so glad you shared that with us!!

quote:

Originally posted by Boaz:
What oil color offers the best protection and performance? If you don't mind saying, what color oil do you use?

That would be Havoline, of course -"the best engine lube available today".
Whatever color it is.
Tell us those aren't your words, drum? LOL

quote:

Man, I learn something new here every day.
rolleyes.gif

[ August 20, 2005, 04:49 PM: Message edited by: vad ]

I think that is the beauty of GC,it has a relatively weak add. package, yet it performs extremely well, which leads us to believe it has a very strong base fluid. It certainly performs well any way you slice it.

Common, man.
Let me ask YOU.
What's your beef with Castrol?
It seems that you go out of your way trying to find something to b*tch about.
If you still get all that hot and steamy over the old synthetic/hydrocracked Castrol issue - get over it.
The train has left and you ain't on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back