M0512 = GREEN AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
talking of green

glxpassat - you said;
"ATF fluid is red no matter how you look at it and helps identify it as such."

I use Castrol's "Transmax Z" a truely excellent synthetic ATF in a number of gearboxes, power steering systems and Autoboxes - it is a lovely clear light green colour

Just giving support to some of Castrol's excellent products and as the oldest user of GC that posts on here - 1996!

bruce381 said "Oil soluble florescent dye look like that"

You've got it bruce!

Doug (Honorary Elf)

SOAPBOX ON>>>
All this talk about green is good, gold is good, Castrol is the best, etc. C'mon gents, this is a little bit of fun going on here. This is really not much different than pulling into a Shell for V-Power, vs. an Amoco for Ultimate. Analysis will support which is actually the better of the two for a particular application, but the guy who loves Amoco because it is water clear will probably never be swayed by data supporting Shell's amber color is the result of their "top tier" add pack and keeps the injectors cleaner longer. Personally, I run Mobil products but have 40 something quarts of GC saved for a planned new purchase, based on DATA found here. The whole objective is one of the basic lessons for life survival.. keep your eyes, ears, and mind open for new ideas and concepts and have some fun doing it. You just might learn something, and will probably save money just from not having to buy that next bottle of Valium...
tongue.gif

Doug, I stand corrected! Typically though, here in the States ATF is red. I've never seen it any other color, but I guess it is!

Thanks for the info Bruce! Based on what you said, I'm sure it's just a dye.

Hmmm... maybe the GC had a copper-based green dye (Malachite Green?) for some great UOA's and disinfection!

And the gold GC? Cadmium Yellow? Uranium Nitrate?

The Gold GC doesn't have a pronounced reaction to the UV light.

[ August 25, 2005, 10:12 PM: Message edited by: vad ]

As far as colors go its kinda interesting in that I use maybe 50-60 different types of additives and base stocks and other than base stock I think all are brown to black in color. No green, blue, reds at all.
bruce

quote:

Originally posted by slickfisher:
Help, I have a hard enough time keeping the sealed unopened bottles from seeping oil in my stash.

I used to have problems with "seeping" oil
sleeping.gif
but a little No Doze in each bottle...no more problems...yup...it's all true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back