Luvin' the MMO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: tpitcher
Ok, you inspired me to start the 2oz per 10 gallons routine since 4 oz per 10 seems a bit too much!

Putting it in right now.

Thanks, bud!
thumbsup2.gif

2oz might be right for you, and it might not... You have to play with it to find the sweet spot. I found that 4oz wouldn't change the mileage, but 2oz gave me an increase. Any less that 2oz and the mileage fell off.

Glad I could inspire!
thumbsup2.gif

Safe driving...
19.gif

Originally Posted By: StevieC
Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
Can MMO damage your cat ?
Aparently not. They say it is O2-Sensor and Catalytic safe on their website and I posted that question here and there were multiple reports that people had used it for long periods of time without any issues whatsoever. One vehicle I think is 20 years old and still has the original catalytic converter and is regularly treated with MMO in the fuel.

Hi Stevie,

I think you're referring to me. My 88 E-150 is alive and well, MMO added to the gas since I got it. In 1995 I bought 2 Inverse Oilers, and hooked them up on 2 different Ford vans, I kept them full all the time. One van was sold with about 150,000 miles on it and the original cat converter. I am still driving the 88 and with the original cat converter. It passes NYS emissions testing with flying colors and runs well.

I see you found your proper dose of MMO. It takes some trial and error, but is well worth the time and money. I'm willing to bet if you added a pint to your oil 1000 miles before dropping the oil you will notice a difference. In fact you will notice the difference shortly after adding it. MMO is loved and hated on this board, loved by people who tried it, hated by people who think it will ruin their car but never tested it. There are several BITOG members using it and noting similar benefits!

Keep us posted!

I thought it was you, but I couldn't be sure, nor could I find the post so I left your name out of it.

Thanks for posting in this thread.

I will try the addition of MMO to the crankcase just before I'm due for a change and see what I get.

I will keep you all posted on the progress as I find out more because this product is quickly making me believe in it.

Guys,

Good info!
20.gif

Ok, this weekend I want to add MMO to the crankcase of my GF's 97 Camry 4 cyl as I'm changing the oil in about 1,000 miles.

It takes 3.8 Qts oil.

Should I add a Pint, or how much less?

11.gif

We had an old Chevette, many years ago that we used to go from job to job with. Beat the heck out of that car. IIRC it held 4 qts, I added 12-16 ounces to the oil in it about 1000 miles before an OC. I'd try 12 ounces this time, and up it to a pint on the next OC.

I'd be interested in your observations as well!

Frank D

Well, I've got 140 ml ready for my next fill up this evening!
grin2.gif

Hopefully, I will have similar results to yours. A quart bottle lasts me 9 days (3 fill ups)...if I get the same (or better results) with half the dose, then that's nearly 3 weeks out of a bottle.
thumbsup2.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: StevieC
Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
Can MMO damage your cat ?
Aparently not. They say it is O2-Sensor and Catalytic safe on their website and I posted that question here and there were multiple reports that people had used it for long periods of time without any issues whatsoever. One vehicle I think is 20 years old and still has the original catalytic converter and is regularly treated with MMO in the fuel.

I used it for 15 or so years in a mazda pickup. Original CAT and I changed the O2 sensor once, I believe. Great stuff.

Now I think I'm going to try cutting the dose, first by 25%, then by 50%. I think I will stick to the suggested amount for the winter, as I feel it provides protection for the cylinders during cold winter starts. JMO

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Now I think I'm going to try cutting the dose, first by 25%, then by 50%. I think I will stick to the suggested amount for the winter, as I feel it provides protection for the cylinders during cold winter starts. JMO
That's a great idea... Plus your economy goes down in the winter anyways.

MMO is great Stuff I have used it in everything from the lawn
tractor to the boat to the PWC. If you ever seen the cylinder heads off a motor that used it you wouldn't ask why

This stuff has me intrigued... I want to try it my next tank in my 2008 xB...

Would it be worth the try? What dose should I use? (14-Gal Tank)

Any risk in using this stuff? Other then possible over-dose and hurting mileage? Where can you buy this stuff, any auto store?

Thanks guys!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: xBa380
This stuff has me intrigued... I want to try it my next tank in my 2008 xB...

Would it be worth the try? What dose should I use? (14-Gal Tank)

Any risk in using this stuff? Other then possible over-dose and hurting mileage? Where can you buy this stuff, any auto store?

Thanks guys!

Yes, give it a try! With a 14 gallon tank, I would try 5 oz. and see how it does. I've never heard of issues running MMO.

Walmart has excellent prices.

Originally Posted By: KrisZ
I have a quart of MMO waiting to be used. Is there anything I should do before putting it in my tank? Previously I used Lucas UCL, but since it almost gone, I can try MMO.

Should I run a few tanks with just gas and then add MMO?

I wouldn't, just run a few tanks of gas w/ MMO. Some say it takes a couple of tankfuls to notice a difference.

Sounds good... I will stop by Walmart today or tomorrow and pick up a quart or two.

What is the preferred method to get the right dose? A funnel so you can pour that way before you fill up? I would probably run two full-doses then cut back and see how the performance is.

I would like to gain back some MPG I had before I put on my new wheels... Was at 29-30 average in my 2.4L for the driving I do but lately at 28-29. A 1mpg increase would make me happy...

I will give it a go and let you know how it turns out!

Would it be a problem to put the dose in when I have 3/4 tank of gas and then just top it off after? I just filled my tank the other day and would like to try it soon... I don't see the issue as long as it gets mixed.

Thanks!

Long-term average on my Isuzu went up from 14.3 in the summer to 15.4 MPG around town. Tanks with MMO have been as much as 16 MPG.

I add 7 oz to 19.5 g tank. I pre-measure MMO into clean and dry plastic bottles (from bottled watter, or pop). Keep 3 in the car, so it is always available. I cut a bottom out of Techron FI cleaner bottle and use it as a funnel. It has a nice long neck. Pour MMO in, add gas afterward. I wait till tank is almost empty, so MMO concentration does not go up. I also add it every other tank for the same reason. I will try cutting to 3.5 oz per 19.5 Gal. If that works, I will add MMO to every tank.

Walmart has 1 gal jugs of MMO and funnels with measurements on the side and an open/close valve. Beats using my wife's cooking measuring cups :)

Last edited:
I'm using the TC-W3 because it's cheaper. I think it works just as well as MMO, but I wouldn't add it to my oil. (the TC...)

MPG is better. Starting is quicker. And that evil smell out of the pipes keeps people from coming too close.

First time users of TCW3 or MMO should have a look at the inside of their tail pipe. After a few tankfuls you will notice a difference, the tail pipe will actually look cleaner. I've noticed it in all 3 of my vehicles.

StevieC, have you checked?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back