Luvin' the MMO

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK so I'm really lovin' the MMO. I was using the 4oz per 10 US Gallons of Gasoline as prescribed on the bottle but I seem to have found the sweet spot for my vehicle by adding 2oz per 10 US gallons. The engine in my Santa Fe is super quiet, it seems to be peppier on the take off, and I have had a very noticeable increase in fuel economy which I have verified by running two full tanks with out the additive and with it. According to my Scan Gauge I have reduced my fuel consumption from 11L/100KM to 10L/100KM (21.4 MPG versus 23.5 MPG) I can duplicate this by stopping the additive for two tanks and then resuming it as my driving is pretty much predictable. I'm scratching my head, out of all the additives I have tried I have to say this one is the absolute best for the fuel system and my engine seems to sing when running on it. So I think I'm going to run this regularly with every fill up and just run a fuel system cleaner with PEA like Amsoil PI every year just to make sure the fuel system is clean. I'm using this with Shell's Nitrogen Enriched Fuel in case anyone wants to know.

StevieC

Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
Can MMO damage your cat ?
Aparently not. They say it is O2-Sensor and Catalytic safe on their website and I posted that question here and there were multiple reports that people had used it for long periods of time without any issues whatsoever. One vehicle I think is 20 years old and still has the original catalytic converter and is regularly treated with MMO in the fuel.

StevieC

I know the mileage claims seem odd, but I swear it to be true. I was shocked that it could make that much of a difference. It will be interesting to see how it holds up in the winter time added to the fuel. I'm checking with Terry right now for his thoughts on it. I will keep y'all posted regarding its use and my results.

I add 280 ml per tankful (92 litres). That's 9.5 oz per 24 gallons. Truck is doing great, and I don't really want to mess with something that is working so well. But I may try halfing that to 140 ml next time to see if there is a difference. If so, that would mean 6 tankfuls out of a quart bottle as opposed to 3. \:\!

StevieC

I'm kinda happy that it works better with 2oz/10 Gal in my application because it's cheaper on my wallet and not as widely available in Ontario. One member sent me where it could be purchased in Canada and I have to check the place out that is near me, but for now I have to stock up when I go to the US on my shopping trips!

Luke, at SaturnFansForums used it for years. He was getting over 40 mpg and that was with over 500,000 miles on his 95 SL2. He did need to replace the fuel pump several times. Not sure if it is related. I am satisfied with FP60 that I am using. Silky smooth idle and engine runs strong.

DOk

I am new here and did try searching, so pardon me for asking, but what is MMO?

Last edited:

StevieC

Originally Posted By: DOk
No worries bud! We should actually have a Sticky somewhere with all the acronyms to make it easier for the newcomers...

Originally Posted By: StevieC
 Originally Posted By: DOk
No worries bud! We should actually have a Sticky somewhere with all the acronyms to make it easier for the newcomers...
Well, we had one, it was under General Board Information. Then it just disappeared about 6 or 7 weeks ago. I've PM'd several people about it, even Helen. Absolutely no response from anyone about it.

Yeah I love MM0, noticed my Xterra runs quiet and seems peppier as well. I do 6 oz per tank full. Been hearing some people using Marine 2-cycle oil, about 1-2oz per 5gallons. It's TC3w I think, but wouldn't try it myself. From the LS1 forums.

JHZR2

Staff member
I don't know about MPG gains, but the pep feel and quieting of the fuel pump has been obvious to me many times.

StevieC

It has given me slight gains in the '89 Cabriolet but I keep using it because it makes the CIS mechanical injectors almost silent!

Ok, you inspired me to start the 2oz per 10 gallons routine since 4 oz per 10 seems a bit too much! Putting it in right now. Thanks, bud! \:\!

I have not been documenting it as you Steve but it seems to keep my fuel systems in tip top shape. I just keep it in my garage and TRY to add about 4 oz a tank I have an explorer and the Jeep JK. I don't add anything to the work truck.. I think they are already treating our fuel tank at work and every oil change it gets a BG fuel system and injector cleaning. All In all MMO is a nice inexpensive safe Stoddard solvent with some lubricating properties.

Status
Not open for further replies.