Lucas oil quality

I bought a quart of their 2-stroke oil a while back. Now, after reading all of the flaming hatred for Lucas Oil products, I'm somewhat afraid to use it. So I might just go out and buy something better than the Cobra venom their crap might contain.

I also use their Red-N-Tacky grease, and will continue to do so. Because out here it doesn't liquify as bad in the heat as so many others do.
Nothing wrong with the 2 cycle oil. I bought a qt last year and it works fine in my motors. In fact I have never had any problems with any of their products. Just be sure to get them on sale...

The exception to the overpricing is their PS fluid with conditioners. That stuff is the best!

I'm sure they are adequate probably compared to Super tech. They have a lot of products to market but they aren't who I would run to for more automotive needs although their marketing is top notch and the Lucas oil stabilizer is great if you got a squeeking door hinge.

You know Havoline worked great on my squeaky door hinge too... Seriously I actually did use that. Put a straw in the Havoline oil qt and put it on the door hinges and let it drain down through them. Silent now for about 4 months.

All that molybdenum in there made the difference I guarantee. . :LOL:

Put a straw in the Havoline oil qt and put it on the door hinges and let it drain down through them. Silent now for about 4 months.

I might try that method on the hood hinges on my vehicles. They're hard to get at. And once I did, and managed to get some oil on the bearing points, they opened and closed much easier.

I might try that method on the hood hinges on my vehicles. They're hard to get at. And once I did, and managed to get some oil on the bearing points, they opened and closed much easier.

I've found using a good quality gun oil works very well on hinges. Great corrosion protection and durable oil film. I put some on the hinges to my daughter's room 3 years ago and not a squeak since.

I've found using a good quality gun oil works very well on hinges. Great corrosion protection and durable oil film. I put some on the hinges to my daughter's room 3 years ago and not a squeak since.
I've been using 3 In One oil because it has that pull out spout extension. Hood hinges, (and door hinges), can be difficult to reach. So the extended spout helps get the oil where it needs to go, and not all over everything else.

I've been using 3 In One oil because it has that pull out spout extension. Hood hinges, (and door hinges), can be difficult to reach. So the extended spout helps get the oil where it needs to go, and not all over everything else.
Can’t find them anymore - but still have one of these with 0W20 and some 0W16 on standby

Lucas Oil fan on BITOG

49F25F54-C85F-476B-84C5-741B131EDF85.jpeg

Years ago a Mobil engineer told me that Lucas spends way too much money on marketing with little spent on their products. Don’t know if that’s changed but somehow I doubt it. They do a good job of sponsoring motorsports but I avoid their products.

I guess the link from tcw3 didn't show up in my previous post.

None in the FB/FC/FD list:

The Lucas transmission treatment works pretty good. Great way to spike the viscosity of old sheared transmission fluid since so many are afraid to service their transmissions because of the foolishness of thinking old ATF is somehow keeping their transmission together, or some other fearscare hogwash.

From the SDS:

12% racing lawn mower without a deck super additive
42% 'dumb' molecules
22% pro bass fisherman endosement
52% dirt circle track beer with picture of tiger on it

No, they don't add to 100%.
Or this 0W30

A0EDD0D7-CA48-41DB-8849-BC2EECDF5A52.png

0W40

CC4A570A-9144-43DE-9AFA-2C938B05B4A0.jpg

I bought a quart of their 2-stroke oil a while back. Now, after reading all of the flaming hatred for Lucas Oil products, I'm somewhat afraid to use it. So I might just go out and buy something better than the Cobra venom their crap might contain.

I also use their Red-N-Tacky grease, and will continue to do so. Because out here it doesn't liquify as bad in the heat as so many others do.
I've used Lucas 2-stroke oil for a long time no issues, I'd use it with confidence.

Back