Lubro-Moly Anti-friction additives

Status
Not open for further replies.
turbo - Yes. It would hold on regularly parked hills, then after adding Slick 50 it would not.
I am not saying to go and buy slick 50 - not at all, but something was going on.

Any Updates and UOA's on this yet?

I would figure we would have a bunch of UOA's on some longer 7500+ mile runs by now just to see how it holds up.

Just curious.

Originally Posted By: jamexman
Will it still stick to MMC walls? My engine is made entirely of MMC (metal matrix composite), aka entirely of aluminun (2zz-ge engine).

I would think it would stick to any steel parts in your engine, I have this stuff in both of my cars, I will pop the valve cover off my small block chevy and see if there is any of the Lubro-Moly in the valvetrain.

My oil was a nice golden color before adding Lubro-Moly, now it is a greenish grey color.

I just fogged my snowblower and changed the oil, which had LM in it. It came out a silver gray. I refilled with fresh oil less 2 ounces for LM that I will add before the first snow of the season. Next OC for my Aerostar and E-150 will get a bottle of LM.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
I just fogged my snowblower and changed the oil, which had LM in it. It came out a silver gray. I refilled with fresh oil less 2 ounces for LM that I will add before the first snow of the season. Next OC for my Aerostar and E-150 will get a bottle of LM.

I will be changing my SNOWBLOWER OIL this weekend that has Lubro-Moly in it, I am sure it will be a silver grey since that was the color I saw on the dipstick when I checked it a month ago.

My wifes Acura MDX seems to be more quiet but it idles at a lower rpm then it did. I would think that the cars idle RPM would stay the same. It went from around 700 rpms down to around 600 rpms...Maybe after some driving, the computer may adjust it back.

Last edited:
Hard to imagine, since idle is set by the computer on late model cars. Did you notice anything else?

It certainly made my Mitsu 3.0 a LOT smoother in the higher rpm range. Also idles quieter.
thumbsup2.gif
Looking forward to Cera Tec at my next OCI.

Originally Posted By: Bigsyke
I have it in 6 cars right now, including a race car with SSO.

Nice! After learning more about the company, reading here, and trying the product myself I think it has some value. I bought a bottle of their valve cleaner at AAP fot ~$4, and plan on giving it a try in my E-150.

It shocks me the junk you guys will put in your engines. My Jeep has 576,000 miles on it and I never put a SILLY oil additive in the engine. It runs great and passes N.J. emissions with flying colors.

Originally Posted By: zddp77
It shocks me the junk you guys will put in your engines. My Jeep has 576,000 miles on it and I never put a SILLY oil additive in the engine. It runs great and passes N.J. emissions with flying colors.

Can you tells us more about your Jeep?

- Vikas

Then why bother posting in the engine additive's section? Just Trollin'?

TÜV approved junk, yeah.

Vikas I will tell you PM me ...the others just a bunch of GOOFBALLS I have no time for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back