Lubegard product info

Status
Not open for further replies.
I emailed Lubegard on some issues and questions regarding Lubegard Red and their Powersteering Protectant. I figured I would post here if anyone wants some info.

LG P/S Protectant Q: Is it safe to use the protectant with OEM Honda power steering fluid without mixing or incompatibility issues? Also if I were to use the P/S protectant in a high capacity system (4+quarts), how much oz per quart would I need?

A:
Originally Posted By: Elise Haviland
Lubegard Power Steering Fluid Protectant is fully compatible with Honda power steering fluid.
The proper ration is two ounces of Lubegard per quart of power steering fluid. For a 4 quart system you would need two bottles.
Please let me know if I can do anything else

LG Red Q: What I noticed when I pour the bottle there would be gooey bits pouring out of the bottle and some goo stuck on the bottom of the Lubegard bottle. Is it alright to use and would it affect the performance of Lubegard Red and the ATF?

A:
Quote:
The sediment that was at the bottom of the bottle is sulfur. If a bottle has sat for a long period of time the sulfur will fall out of suspension and settle at the bottom. The product is fine to use and it will not affect the product or transmission performance.

SO they put sulfur IN the stuff and then say it's "OK" if it falls out of suspension and doesn't make it into the system it's supposed to protect? Are ya supposed to shake it on a paint mixer, or what?

Ive seen the sediment for the first time on my last drain and fill on my old F150. I tried like mad to get the sediment out. After I dumped in the Lubegard Red into the transmission, I took ATF to 1/2 full on the Lubegard bottle, and shook like mad for a long time. I could not get it all out, but got most of it out. HerrStig brings up a great point.

Originally Posted By: HerrStig
SO they put sulfur IN the stuff and then say it's "OK" if it falls out of suspension and doesn't make it into the system it's supposed to protect? Are ya supposed to shake it on a paint mixer, or what?

There shouldn't be any solid elemental sulfur in it.

Something is missing here in one or more translations.

Originally Posted By: MolaKule
Never saw any sediment in ILI products.

I have never seen any sediment in any of the ILI products I have used either.

Originally Posted By: postjeeprcr
Originally Posted By: MolaKule
Never saw any sediment in ILI products.

I have never seen any sediment in any of the ILI products I have used either.

me neither but I always shake anything before putting it into my car just for that reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back