Add Lubegard red at every fluid change ?

I’ve done partial fluid changes in my 10r80 every 30k on my F150 using a battery operated fluid pump to empty the pan. Usually pull out somewhere between 5-6 qts. Total capacity is about 13 qts.

At 30k I drained and filled. No additives

At 60k I drained and filled and added the whole 10oz bottle of lubegard red.

Almost at 90k now and will be draining again soon.

To keep the same concentration of additive, am I correct in adding just shy of one ounce to lubegard to every new qt of fluid that I pump in from here on out?

I don’t want to overload it with additive, but it definitely seems smoother with the lubegard.

I do 1oz/Qt with my 10R80, I also use Platinum. I Initially started with a 10oz bottle somewhere around 10k, and have done the 1oz ever since then. It isn't going to build up in the system since you're draining out an equal amount of it when you do the D&F.

I do 1oz/Qt with my 10R80, I also use Platinum. I Initially started with a 10oz bottle somewhere around 10k, and have done the 1oz ever since then. It isn't going to build up in the system since you're draining out an equal amount of it when you do the D&F.

I had considered using the platinum, but I’ve only used the red before.

I had considered using the platinum, but I’ve only used the red before.
I used Red in my Honda's but when I got the 10R80 and emailed LD, they said Platinum, so I switched everything over to that.

I know there is pushback here on the extra FM's in it, but so far everything has been great. I use it with Maxlife in the Honda's.

I also tow 6200# on a fairly regular basis, so I'm not being easy on it.

I used Red in my Honda's but when I got the 10R80 and emailed LD, they said Platinum, so I switched everything over to that.

I know there is pushback here on the extra FM's in it, but so far everything has been great. I use it with Maxlife in the Honda's.

I also tow 6200# on a fairly regular basis, so I'm not being easy on it.
Same for about 10 or so vehicles that I've put it in thus far, the platinum seems to be working great 👍

Yes, it sounds as though you are doing this correctly. LG RED is designed to be used as; 1oz LG RED per qt. ATF

1) When first using LG RED, you add the amount of LG RED in ounces to the total amount of quarts of ATF that the tranny holds.
i.e., If your tranny holds 10 qts of ATF, then you only add in 10 oz of LG RED.

2) From there after, you only add the amount in oz. of LG RED to the amount of qts. that you've drained & refilled.
i.e., If you drain out 5-6 qts then only add in 5-6 oz of LG RED.

Yes, it sounds as though you are doing this correctly. LG RED is designed to be used as; 1oz LG RED per qt. ATF

1) When first using LG RED, you add the amount of LG RED in ounces to the total amount of quarts of ATF that the tranny holds.
i.e., If your tranny holds 10 qts of ATF, then you only add in 10 oz of LG RED.

2) From there after, you only add the amount in oz. of LG RED to the amount of qts. that you've drained & refilled.
i.e., If you drain out 5-6 qts then only add in 5-6 oz of LG RED.

This is exactly what I thought, just wanted to be sure. Thanks to all who replied!

Back