Low Cost Folding Knives

Got my PF818... so far so good. I like the satin blade finish. Pictures don't do it justice. However, the flipper operation isn't as slick as on my old Ganzo FH21.

cKOuvn7.jpg

l1dtKKK.jpg

Another budget folding knife... attached to a bunch of other tools. :)

This one's pretty heavy - not EDC friendly, but good for a tool/tackle box or glove compartment.

y92PZtLh.jpg

oKjeqSnh.jpg

Another budget folding knife... attached to a bunch of other tools. :)

This one's pretty heavy - not EDC friendly, but good for a tool/tackle box or glove compartment.

oKjeqSnh.jpg

Looks like a mini transformer there. Looks like a nice multi-tool.

Can't do knives without RH tested hardness blades. I'm not a knife snob but use a damasteel gold series CF benchmade as my EDC. If I want a cheap knife then I would buy a box cutter and a set of blades for it.

Can't do knives without RH tested hardness blades. I'm not a knife snob but use a damasteel gold series CF benchmade as my EDC. If I want a cheap knife then I would buy a box cutter and a set of blades for it.

Specs on the Grandway S20 say: Hardness: 58-60 HRC

Hit the "More Information" in the link below to expand details.

Sandrin makes pocket knifes with tungsten carbide blades with HRC above 70. They look pretty cool, too. Unfortunately they are not low cost.

Ordered this little MTech 882 from Amazon for $6, mainly because I wanted something small that also has a bottle opener. It's the size of my CRKT Pazoda 2, but it's twice as heavy.
It's some Kershaw knockoff, I believe.

i2Kev9U.jpg

Last edited:
OK, so it's a bit larger than the CRKT, and significantly heavier, but on the plus side, it feels a lot more sturdy when deployed. Pretty solid little knife, actually.

7axby0Ah.jpg

1Hbf3fsh.jpg

lol, I think you just contradicted yourself.

A box cutter is not nearly as versatile as a fair quality, inexpensive folder. Just don't go TOO cheap, pick a blade steel that stays sharp for the period you need to use it before the opportunity to resharpen. That is not a specific RH, depends on the use. Even a butter knife, is useful for butter. ;)

lol, I think you just contradicted yourself.

A box cutter is not nearly as versatile as a fair quality, inexpensive folder. Just don't go TOO cheap, pick a blade steel that stays sharp for the period you need to use it before the opportunity to resharpen. That is not a specific RH, depends on the use. Even a butter knife, is useful for butter. ;)

Ha ha, guess so going back and reading it...kinda like someone who starts a sentence with "Now I'm not a racist...but". The only thing my knife doesn't do is act as a screwdriver lol

I was a fan of SanRenMu knives for a while, but got tired of the mediocre blade steel.
My latest carry knives are D2 blades from Jiaheng with the Axis lock. They are bigger than the SanRenMu knives I had before, but D2 really cuts well ifyou can avoid chipping the edge. I like the action of pivot bearings as well.
I buy them on EBay.

Got my PF818... so far so good. I like the satin blade finish. Pictures don't do it justice. However, the flipper operation isn't as slick as on my old Ganzo FH21.

cKOuvn7.jpg

l1dtKKK.jpg

QP - Is it spring assisted, or just a "flipper". I'm guessing not spring assisted since it has ball bearing blade pivot.

Took the PF818 apart to clean it. For a knife that never saw the outdoors and sat in its box since the day I bought it, it was a bit dirty inside. After cleaning with alcohol, I lubed it with mineral oil. The flipping action is now smoother than before.

022xRQc.jpg

Bearings post cleaning:
o3H3IBb.jpg

Picked up this ultra inexpensive spring assisted knife on Amazon for $5.09 to see if it was as good as some reviews indicated. It's pretty nice IMO for only $5 ... you can't even buy a foot long Subway sandwich for that anymore. It's a nice size, and it flips open nice, has a tight blade that's centered. The handle is just hard plastic, but again it's just a $5 knife. The handle is more of a neon orange, the color is hard to capture in photos. I ordered a neon green one too now that I saw what it's like.

Blade Length = 83 mm (3.25 in)
Handle Length = 114 mm (4.50 in)
Overall Length = 197 mm (7.75 in)

Master USA, Model MU-A002OE (Neon Orange Handle).jpg

I also got this Grand Way Model S-33 for my birthday from my GF ... it's a non-spring assisted "flipper" with a ball bearing blade pivot. Very impressed with the build quality and flipping action, and the prefect size IMO. $19.99 on Amazon.

Top to Bottom - All bought on Amazon.

1), 2), 3) and 5) are spring assisted. 4) is a non-assisted flipper (ball bearing pivot) and 5) is just a plain thumb knob operated folding knife.

Can you tell I like Grand Way brand knives? 😄

1) Grand Way, Model 6688 - $15.90
2) Master USA, Model MU-A002OE - $5.09
3) Grand Way, Model 25243 - $13.50
4) Grand Way, Model S-20 - $21.05 (ball bearing pivot)
5) Grand Way, Model 01275 - $13.91
6) Grand Way, Model FL140106 - $10.90

Knife Lineup.jpg

🇺🇲 'MERCA !! 🇺🇲

MTech USA, Model MX-A849CL. Spring assisted blade.

$10.85 on Amazon (ordered today). LH side of handle with the flag is 3-D. "We the People" laser etched into LH side of blade. 535 reviews with 86% 5-stars.

MTech USA Model MX-A849CL (1).jpg

MTech USA Model MX-A849CL (3).jpg

MTech USA Model MX-A849CL (2).jpg

Back