Low Cost Folding Knives

I prefer the Gerber EZ Out Skeletonized - they're decent, cheap, made in USA, and since I go through security checkpoints more often than most if I forget to leave my knife outside the checkpoint it doesn't hurt too badly if I have to abandon it. [Linked Image from picclickimg.com]

Last edited:
Serrated blades are also pretty good for cutting rope. I personally don't care for them. My current favorite budget knife is the Honey Badger. There is a decent selection of sizes and styles available on the Western Active web site. They have ball bearing pivots that provide action that compares to much more expensive knives. I picked up a small one during their Black Friday sale for $24. [Linked Image]

Originally Posted by DBMaster
My current favorite budget knife is the Honey Badger.
Nice! This HB knife has been on my wish list for a while now. Next time it goes on sale, I'm hoping to buy it.

ZeeOSix

$100 site donor 2022
Got one of these coming ... flicker with ball bearing blade pivot and G10 handle. $21 on Amazon - Grand Way S20. [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

ZeeOSix

$100 site donor 2022
I just received the Grand Way S20. Very nice knife for $21. The ball bearing blade pivot is crazy smooth and zero blade flex (first ball bearing folder I've bought). It flicks open like a spring assisted blade even though it's just a flicker ... that's how smooth the pivot is. Best ~$20 knife I've seen. Handle color is definately bold, but I kind of like it since it's different than the normal black folding knives out there.

Originally Posted by ZeeOSix
It flicks open like a spring assisted blade even though it's just a flicker ... .
Is the description on Amazon wrong? It says it's spring assisted. Regardless, it looks like a nice knife. My ball bearing Ganzo FH21 flicks open very smoothly as well.

ZeeOSix

$100 site donor 2022
Originally Posted by Quattro Pete
It flicks open like a spring assisted blade even though it's just a flicker ... .
Is the description on Amazon wrong? It says it's spring assisted. Regardless, it looks like a nice knife. My ball bearing Ganzo FH21 flicks open very smoothly as well.
Yeah, the description on Amazon is wrong. People asked if it was spring loaded, and it's not. I have one in my hand and it's a flicker ... but man, it flicks open just like it's spring loaded. It's a super nice knife for $21 if you don't mind the color. Super sharp blade too. You won't be disappointed if you buy one. Here's info on Grand Way's website: https://grandwayknives.com/activity...nd-indoor-activities-grand-way-s-20.html

Originally Posted by DBMaster
My current favorite budget knife is the Honey Badger.
Nice! This HB knife has been on my wish list for a while now. Next time it goes on sale, I'm hoping to buy it.
Regular price is $32.00 for the size I got (small). The blade is 3" long. I like lightweight knives that have small enough blades the for the handles not to exceed 4" in length. I remove the pocket clips and carry them as pocket droppers.

Best inexpensive folder I've found was my Ontario Knife Co. RAT-1 for $19.99 on sale from Rocky Mountain on Amazon back in November. It's up to $25.72 now, but still a good deal even at that price.

ZeeOSix

$100 site donor 2022
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Looks pretty decent for $7.50 - how is the quality? How long is the blade? Might pick one up if the code still works.

Quality is OK at this price. I like the handle texture. The back lock is a bit hard to disengage. Blade is about 3.2" long. Handle is about 4" long.

Looks pretty decent for $7.50 - how is the quality? How long is the blade? Might pick one up if the code still works.
Code still works. Figured I couldn't go wrong for 7.50

ZeeOSix

$100 site donor 2022
Quality is OK at this price. I like the handle texture. The back lock is a bit hard to disengage. Blade is about 3.2" long. Handle is about 4" long.
Pete - did you go for the Grand Way S20? It's $21, but it has a ball bearing blade pivot, so IMO well worth the price. Very nice quality knife, and super sharp, high quality blade steel. Not a spring assist (Amazon ad says it is, but it's not). It's a flick open style, but with the ball bearing pivot it sure opens like a spring assisted blade - super smooth. https://www.amazon.com/Spring-Assisted-Knife-Military-Activities/dp/B01N5FH9VU

ZeeOSix

$100 site donor 2022
Does that knife have metal inserts under the handle material? I don't see any metal backbone structure like used on most folding knives.

Pete - did you go for the Grand Way S20?
I did not. It's too similar to my Ganzo in a lot of ways.
Does that knife have metal inserts under the handle material?
It does.

Does that knife have metal inserts under the handle material? I don't see any metal backbone structure like used on most folding knives.
Does this help? [Linked Image from i.imgur.com]