Loving Low Carb

I'm the exact opposite in my diet. I eat like a humming bird. I eat very low fat but get plenty of sugars and carbs. I try to keep my fat calories to less than 15% of total calories and live very happily on rice and fruit as the staple of my diet. I never confuse carbs with foods like cake and cookies where over half the calories come from fat. I do feel that dairy is very hard on my system to digest so I try to limit it to practically nothing. Carbs carry 4 calories per gram, proteins carry 4 calories per gram and fats carry 9 calories per gram. I can eat more carbs and proteins and still get less calories than I'd get with high fat meat and eggs.

for example carbs make me quickly hungry again, after a full meal....
ditch the grains, they do harm. first it may be hard, but after some time you will stop thinking about bread for good.

The last time I checked I was at about 50g of carbs, 58g of protein, and 160g of fats in one day. I usually don't count them.
I've gotten so I prefer LC foods.
I had salmon dip with Romaine, tomato, and hard boiled eggs today. Very filling and satisfying and probably only about 25g of carbs. .

Carbs are fuel for some of us we need more timing is everything. You gotta know what ones when and how much to keep you fueled and refueled.
20210902_154619.jpg

I use double vanilla ice cream in my root beer floats to balance the whipped cream.........

my brother-in-law has been an advocate for the KETO diet which is to eat strictly fats i think, he recently had some blood work done at the doctors and found out that he has extremely high cholesterol levels🍔 go figure

my brother-in-law has been an advocate for the KETO diet which is to eat strictly fats i think, he recently had some blood work done at the doctors and found out that he has extremely high cholesterol levels🍔 go figure
How high is that? I'd be OK with mine being 250.

Eating 3 eggs a day lowered my cholesterol.

Carbs are fuel for some of us we need more timing is everything. You gotta know what ones when and how much to keep you fueled and refueled.

I ate carbs every way possible over the last 40 years and the only thing that reduced my visceral fat was when I cut them completely out of my diet. I learned from trial and error that foods like rice have no benefit to my well being. And fruit was an addiction, if I ate one, I could eat 7. So I put an end to it and took control of my body.

Some people get high cholesterol readings from the rapid weight loss Keto and exercise can produce. As they stabilize weight their numbers look much better. Some just cant keto and have good numbers.

I ate carbs every way possible over the last 40 years and the only thing that reduced my visceral fat was when I cut them completely out of my diet. I learned from trial and error that foods like rice have no benefit to my well being. And fruit was an addiction, if I ate one, I could eat 7. So I put an end to it and took control of my body.
What were you doing with the Carbs or fuel some of us punish our bodies 6 days a week burning them as we eat them. Majority of the public are clueless and eat way to many sitting around watch Netflix all night. Majority of the public never do anymore than count how many Steps they do in a day give me a break the clueless I call them they never stress themselves to failure.

You still have to eat good fats. If you eat 2lbs of bacon everyday, going to have a bad time. I have been keto for four years now and it has completely fixed my cholesterol issue. But our first priority is eating healthy food, second is being keto.

How high is that? I'd be OK with mine being 250.

Eating 3 eggs a day lowered my cholesterol.
he was putting Olive oil in his coffee, and eating alot of red meat, i real dont know what benefit he got out of it he wasnt any healthier than a man his age that i could tell, probably had alot of constipation too due to the lack of any type of fiber

You still have to eat good fats. If you eat 2lbs of bacon everyday, going to have a bad time. I have been keto for four years now and it has completely fixed my cholesterol issue. But our first priority is eating healthy food, second is being keto.
i would assume eating alot of healthy fats would be benefitial but alot do eat alot of red fatty meats that causes bad cholesterol and high triglycerides

I'm the exact opposite in my diet. I eat like a humming bird. I eat very low fat but get plenty of sugars and carbs. I try to keep my fat calories to less than 15% of total calories and live very happily on rice and fruit as the staple of my diet. I never confuse carbs with foods like cake and cookies where over half the calories come from fat. I do feel that dairy is very hard on my system to digest so I try to limit it to practically nothing. Carbs carry 4 calories per gram, proteins carry 4 calories per gram and fats carry 9 calories per gram. I can eat more carbs and proteins and still get less calories than I'd get with high fat meat and eggs.

3.5 weeks ago I decided to end my addiction to a high carb diet and go low carb to get rid of visceral fat and improve my life, and it did.
I was eating fruit at the speed of sound and my belly fat wouldn't go away but it is now.
I don't even miss higher carb foods any more. And I also do OMAD / one meal a day of LCHF / low carb high fat foods.
I only had about 5-10 pounds to lose and I'm not far from there.

Feel free to move this post to the food section. I kind of just realized I should have posted it there. Thanks.

View attachment 69124
proud of you...keep it up

Back