Loving Low Carb

That's a myth that's been debunked countless times by several reputable sources.
It's not animal foods that cause those things, it's all the junk people eat along with their animal proteins and animal fats.

High carb diets are notorious for causing elevated triglycerides.

Laugh all you want. I've been around for quite a while and have seen it from many reputable sources.
That's the hard reality of it whether you want to accept it or not.
I didn't for years until I got fed up with carrying around stupid looking visceral fat and this was the only thing that changed it.
i would be up for it but only if my CBC bloodwork would remain in the recommended areas, i refered to my brother in law who has been on the self administered KETO diet and after 2 plus years got a complete blood test at a doctors office and all his bad LDL Cholesterol and Triglycerides were above the normal range to the point of requiring taking a Statin (lipitor) to reduce it, although he was a very heavy red meat eater(bacon), i guess a if you would reduce the high fat red meats the numbers would be better. my brother in law used the KETO low carb diet to justify eating large amounts of red meats IMO

One thing we recently discovered is Carbonaut bread. Game changer. Had hot dogs for the first time in four years.
i like this low carb pasta its very good and available at local grocery stores
1630696385973.jpg

Nonsense. Dr Jason Fung doesn't mention anything about this and as far as I'm concerned he's the man to check with about anything to do with weight loss, IF, autophagy, or IR.
Saturated fat intake increase insulin resistance, unsaturated fats intake decrease insulin resistance. The reason is the inflammatory action of the saturated fats and the anti-inflammatory action of the unsaturated fats respectively. What foods contain saturated fat and which contain unsaturated fat? Maybe animal fat (saturated) with the exception of fish oil (unsaturated) vs plant oil (unsaturated)?

NO DIET is a fast cure on the human body. It does not work that way.

That's kind of a blanket remark.
I know of several people who feel better immediately on a low carb diet.
Sometimes it doesn't take long to see health benefits.

Saturated fat intake increase insulin resistance, unsaturated fats intake decrease insulin resistance. The reason is the inflammatory action of the saturated fats and the anti-inflammatory action of the unsaturated fats respectively. What foods contain saturated fat and which contain unsaturated fat? Maybe animal fat (saturated) with the exception of fish oil (unsaturated) vs plant oil (unsaturated)?

Dr Fung is a very successful author of The Obesity Code and several other bestseller books, and millions of people worldwide do wonderful on his fasting and eating plans. I'm on his forums, and in the Intermittent Fasting world he's known as the best of the best.
If he says sat fats are OK (as I have for many years) they're OK in my book.

Check out fat Fiction and The Big Fat Lie.

Dr Fung is a very successful author of The Obesity Code and several other bestseller books, and millions of people worldwide do wonderful on his fasting and eating plans. I'm on his forums, and in the Intermittent Fasting world he's known as the best of the best.
If he says sat fats are OK (as I have for many years) they're OK in my book.

Check out fat Fiction and The Big Fat Lie.
If you want to ignore facts and want to believe that all fats have the same metabolic effect be my guest. No skin off my nose.

Surely they will see health benefits quickly and hopefully this is motivation enough for them to keep going instead on relying on the occasional perceived quick fix. But undoing the damage years, decades, or a lifetime of bad behaviors have caused will not happen quickly but happens slowly over time and it may not be possible to undo all damage.

Couple months ago I started cutting more carbs, some days I wouldn't have hardly any. Felt better at first then no so much, I added back a few carbs a day and think I found the happy medium, usually around 150ish carbs a day. Of course I have a day here and there that are more but feeling much better. I also cut my alcohol consumption way down from a beer a day to one a week although I still have 3 or 4 ounces of tequila a week. The good thing about tequila is the agarvins the natural sugar in the agave plant is non digestive so it doesn't raise my glucose levels like beer or other carbs, win win.

Having done the low carb thing before mainly to control glucose levels your body takes a while to adjust to not having that immediate fuel carbs give you and start using fat reserves.
I've been doing this for the last three years. Lost 100 lbs, 1/3 my weight over two years. 50 lbs when I quit beer. But I'm around 150 grams a day or so. Off my blood pressure meds Don't watch fat or salt at all and all is AOK blood wise.

I didn't really think that when I posted it but I guess some may think so?
What do you call as immediate? To me any health change without some serious "washing out" .... hahaha so to say it may take the average person several weeks to clean that long tube out. Then how about the other filtering organs. I could go on with what even most of us perty sure can common sence things with out a medical degree? Which brings me to respond to your next comment.

Let me give you a phrase to consider. "placebo effect"

Surely they will see health benefits quickly and hopefully this is motivation enough for them to keep going instead on relying on the occasional perceived quick fix. But undoing the damage years, decades, or a lifetime of bad behaviors have caused will not happen quickly but happens slowly over time and it may not be possible to undo all damage.
That's right and I am willing to bet I have more traffic citations for speeding ,speed contest, exhibition of speed that any other member on this forum. :ROFLMAO:
And yes over time I have now realized all that money paying fines $$$$$ wow!!

If you want to ignore facts and want to believe that all fats have the same metabolic effect be my guest. No skin off my nose.
people have to be careful when reading data. there is big push against lc-hf, by big-pharma, and other companies interested in profits.
selling statins (which in reality does no good) is for profits. there are plenty of such examples.
think about it : dead or healthy patient is no source of profit.... they need to keep you in the middle :)
sometimes it gets exposed, how food/pharma companies are "sponsoring" studies (conflict of interest), which are pointing against lc-hf.
this is information war, best is to try yourself for 6months, and then decide if it works for you.

also patients are to blame: being careless in their health, then going to md complain about problems.
"take this pill, it will be good" , but it never works like that. everybody is responsible for his own health, not your md.
building blocks, and body repairs are dependent on food.

But undoing the damage years, decades, or a lifetime of bad behaviors have caused will not happen quickly but happens slowly over time and it may not be possible to undo all damage.
I don't think I have much damage. I've been eating whole foods diets for 40 years.
I had "bad behavior" when I was in my teens and 20s a long time ago.
But the body is smart and will heal if given the right conditions. If some of you don't believe that, than it will never happen to you. A negative attitude may set the stage for some of you.

i would be up for it but only if my CBC bloodwork would remain in the recommended areas, i refered to my brother in law who has been on the self administered KETO diet and after 2 plus years got a complete blood test at a doctors office and all his bad LDL Cholesterol and Triglycerides were above the normal range to the point of requiring taking a Statin (lipitor) to reduce it, although he was a very heavy red meat eater(bacon), i guess a if you would reduce the high fat red meats the numbers would be better. my brother in law used the KETO low carb diet to justify eating large amounts of red meats IMO
It's hard to say what he may have been doing wrong. Maybe he should be eating more eggs.

OP, come back in a month or two and tell us how you liking it. my experience was first two weeks - i loved it. 3rd and 4th, i wanted to give it more time. After a month - I was ready to go back to normal eating (which for me is no processed foods, I almost never eat out and all I cook is whole foods using real produce). I really had no weight to loose either (6'1" @190lbs). There's just something about low carb/keto that is difficult for me and doesn't really make it feel right. Hopefully you'll have a better experience.
LCHF has enabled me to reduce my visceral fat. That's the main reason why I won't stray away from it.
At this point in my life, there is no food I'd want to eat if it causes my mid section / visceral fat to increase.
I have identified the foods that did that, and now I'm onto something.
I will either keep eating this way or cautiously add back slightly higher carb foods while carefully watching my mid section body fat.

Last edited:
a lot of opinions + information good + bad IMO! we are all the same but different as our nutritional needs + we can discuss forever as there are many opinions + articles, many driven by $$$$ with big pharma + other money hungry corporations behind them. my newest source of info is Dr William Davis MD's great book UNDOCTORED telling you how to get healthy without modern medicine most of the time. he authored WheatBelly as well + shows where to get many tests WITHOUT a DR. he is was cardiologist + shortly after his moms death using conventional medicine + procedures he started investigating + the result is in his books + also a web site. there are many sources of info but BEWARE many are untrue for profits. they all note INSULN is at the root of health issues + its rarely checked!! Dr Ekburg notes in one of his great vids how fasting glucose can be good + even A1C BUT meanwhile INSULIN continues to rise TRYING to control sugars then SUDDENLY we are type II diabetics when in reality it was a process over years!! a look around in public places shows that OBESITY + its related issues are OUT OF CONTROL!!! even thinner seeming healthy people can have high insulin that will lead to health issues in the future, your life your choice HEALTH or NOT! have a nice day, 73 YO going for a motorcycle ride allowed by my good health!!!

benji I would like to give you a thumbs up but it appears that you are also influenced by media information.
My point I sorta was making in a couple of my responses ... the blood doesn't lie.

Let me give you a phrase to consider. "placebo effect"

When you have obvious improvements like me, there is no need to "consider" a phrase such as placebo effect.
The people I interact with on LCHF forums don't get a placebo effect, they most often get results.

Most people would never commit to eating a LCHF diet for more than about a day, so they sure will never know what benefits might be had from a LCHF diet. And perhaps that's the reason why some people seem to be so negative about making changes in the way they eat and live.

There is no placebo effect on Keto/LCHF diets. To get into it on the first place is a rough few weeks adapting. Then you notice you are no longer anywhere near as hungry. At least no urgent hunger sensations.

Instead of eating a big lunch and wanting more by 2:30, i often forget to drink my Keto Chow by 2:30. No breakfast and lunch happens whenever i get around to it.

I could probably go days without eating.

I don't disagree with diets if they work for someone, you help prevent a whole range of health issues across the entire medical spectrum.
Some people do very well with them, including the OP and others in here but I think we can all agree the general population doesn't especially do well when it comes to weight. For those people a diet is to eat irresponsibly in a country where food is super cheap including the quality of that food, then come the New Year, mass media covers all the new diets that are popular and others who start dieting before summer.

For me, I think the most successful are lifestyle changes and its what I have done. I always pretty much maintained my weight within 10 to 15 LBS of a good BMI and always ate fruit ect for decades as well as home cooked meals but I have had my share of snacks, ice cream (loved it) cookies, fatty food in restrauntants when eating out ect...ect... a decade ago I started cutting out that fatty stuff and roughly 6 years ago REALLY started cutting it out...
SO as of the past year I took it to a new level, I think I can strongly say my "diet" is mediterranean like diet. Fish 3 to 4 times a week with rice and broccoli, stuff like that.
Chicken other times, beef maybe once or twice a month, I will even eat a home made hamburger once a month, maybe twice in the summer but its made with 95% lean chop meat. Pasta/turkey meatballs 2 times a month.
Saturday nights are my wife and I go out to eat night and even then now I eat pretty healthy, many times fish but Saturday nights are anything goes nights for eating healthy and being within my BMI. With that said, I got so used to not eating fatty foods that if I do I feel sort of ill after dinner now, weighted down.
Anyway, its no longer a diet for me, its simply a way of life, ignoring the marketing of food and junk food companies as well as restaurants peddling cheap garage food made to taste good.
No more ice cream, no more cookies, no more junk! no more snacking at night. NEVER any more fried food. Dinner is my only real meal with maybe some shredded wheat for breakfast or lunch and a piece of fruit. NO MORE FAST FOOD, OMG the lines outside of fast food places for lunch and dinner, Americans are killing themselves!
Its actually very easy for me to do, its a way of life, we go out to eat and I now look at the menu at many places and its gross the crap they are serving, the good news is there are some "chain" places you can get a healthy meal, Bonefish Grill is one of them, Heck even Longhorn. Other places I wont even walk in anymore. Also some good local Asian and mediterranean places around us but even there you need to be careful and look for "grilled" food/fish.

Anyway, forgetting the word "diet" for me has worked, I call it a lifestyle change, I did it mainly to save my life and maintain the way I look. My family history on the mens side is "dark" with heart disease and diabetes.

If Americans followed this single link health ins prices would plummet and so would the need for so much health care and drugs but one thing for sure, besides the food industry, the health care industry doesnt really want you to take care of yourself. You have to do it yourself and this is the answer, not a one time diet, a lifestyle change to some type of identifiable diet if that works for you.

https://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/educational/lose_wt/BMI/bmicalc.htm

We all know besides the above, life is a crap shoot and its mostly about the "genes" but eating proper can help give us a fighting chance instead of tempting fate.
Ok, another beautiful day in South Carolina, better sign off as my wife gets us ready to go out on the boat.

Last edited:
Back