Loving Low Carb

3.5 weeks ago I decided to end my addiction to a high carb diet and go low carb to get rid of visceral fat and improve my life, and it did.
I was eating fruit at the speed of sound and my belly fat wouldn't go away but it is now.
I don't even miss higher carb foods any more. And I also do OMAD / one meal a day of LCHF / low carb high fat foods.
I only had about 5-10 pounds to lose and I'm not far from there.

Feel free to move this post to the food section. I kind of just realized I should have posted it there. Thanks.

DSC_2391.JPG

I’m glad you’re seeing positive results.

I think this is as much about lifestyle as food, so I’m OK with it staying where it is…but if you would like it moved, that’s easy.

Cheers

3.5 weeks ago I decided to end my addiction to a high carb diet and go low carb to get rid of visceral fat and improve my life, and it did.
I was eating fruit at the speed of sound and my belly fat wouldn't go away but it is now.
I don't even miss higher carb foods any more. And I also do OMAD / one meal a day of LCHF / low carb high fat foods.
I only had about 5-10 pounds to lose and I'm not far from there.

Feel free to move this post to the food section. I kind of just realized I should have posted it there. Thanks.

View attachment 69124
All of your body thanks you

If I want to lose weight, I eat fewer calories. My body needs (an appropriate amount of) carbs to get me through the day. Exercise helps.
Yeah, I agree but its all good for whatever works for the individual.
I eat a lot of fruit as well, maybe too much at times but its part of a low fat diet to ward off the affects of a brutal family history of heart and artery disease but well aware to keep the carbs in check as well for diabetes is another family issue I have avoided so far. Im the only one who hasn't needed a bypass operation or any type of intervention on my fathers side/ men in the family. It really is a balancing act, so if I start putting on weight, I make sure as heck to stop any snacking and actually need to cut back on fruit because Im pretty much now on a protein diet of fish and chicken, vegetables of broccoli and green beans and fruit, snacks mostly just fat free no sugar added yogurt, lately a treat has also been Yasso Frozen Yogurt Bard . I do not eat fast food, never fried foods of any kind, as much as I love ice cream I gave that up too ect ect...

I do have small amounts of plaque in my arteries, not really even on a scale my DR called 10%, officially its less then 20% and DR feels with my diet and good work up, I have always had low cholesterol and triglycerides I may never in my lifetime need intervention. SO more or less, much like a check up with my regular Dr I now see a cardiologist whom recently did a cauterization on my a few months back solely because of family history which was so good to be followed up by stress test in five years and regular check ups.

Key is, maintain the weight you are supposed too, BMI and for me personally no snacking between meals. I call it "grazing" to now my adult kids) *L*
For anyone with family history or any signs of heart problems I personally would insist on a cauterization after a stress test. I say after because an ins company will want the stress test done first. To me (I am NOT a Doctor so this means nothing) and my family the gold standard is always a cauterization, a stress test can not reveal lower amounts of plaque in your arteries and honestly that is the time to find out because it will give you time to drastically change your lifestyle and hopefully never need a more invasive procedure as well as prevent future damage.

Couple months ago I started cutting more carbs, some days I wouldn't have hardly any. Felt better at first then no so much, I added back a few carbs a day and think I found the happy medium, usually around 150ish carbs a day. Of course I have a day here and there that are more but feeling much better. I also cut my alcohol consumption way down from a beer a day to one a week although I still have 3 or 4 ounces of tequila a week. The good thing about tequila is the agarvins the natural sugar in the agave plant is non digestive so it doesn't raise my glucose levels like beer or other carbs, win win.

Having done the low carb thing before mainly to control glucose levels your body takes a while to adjust to not having that immediate fuel carbs give you and start using fat reserves.

I eat in 15g carb max chunks. No easy 15 gram plus carbs (you know, sugars). ZERO added sugar

NO meal with more than 30 grams of easy carbs (pastas, white flour, beer, etc)

Never ever, more than 45 grams of all carbs combined (even sweetish veggies, carrots, sweet tatoes, etc) per meal.

I have lost over 10#'s and still going

Low carbs rocks for me. It's the only thing that burned off any of my chronic visceral fat. I can eat 2MAD or just OMAD, but I'm confident I will not put the fat back on if I stick to LCHF. I love foods like guacamole, home made mayo, and other good fats. IMHO these LCHF foods taste better than higher carb foods. High carb foods spoil your taste buds and are addicting.

you post this as i have eaten about a third of a large bag of extra hot Cheetos an hour ago after eating two popeyes spicy chicken sandwiches with a large sweet tea at 1pm. idk how I'm only 189 for being 6'1. i should be fat as hell but I'm not somehow.

Humans were never meant to eat as many carbs and especially the refined carbs most of us eat today. Evolution has not kept up with the ways our lives have changed from when we first emerged. Back then we needed sugary fruit for survival. There is a connection between dopamine and addiction. Consuming sugar reieases dopamine. Dopamine makes us feel good. It's a downward spiral towards metabolic disorders, fatty liver, high cholesterol, and high blood pressure.

Wife and I as well. No Sugar means much happier life.... feeling much better.

No carbs... happy life.

Eventually, once we reach our target weights... we will gravitate to a Mediterian Diet.

Low carb is legit for me at least. Better energy and ability to focus. My body runs on fat, not spikey sugars. KETO Chow shake comes with me to work every day for an easy and relatively cheap lunch.

whoa, not low at all, i hope this is grams

i am between zero and low c.
when i eat cake or sugar, i quickly feel :poop: , it feels like allergy is coming back.
Yes it's grams but I admit I'm still learning how to read labels when combining foods and of course not all food comes with labels. I'm working on figuring out net carbs but not sure it's worth the time because it doesn't appear to be accurate/consistent when I test my blood.

I know when I've consumed too many carbs within 30 minutes of eating them, I don't even bother wasting a test strip.

Back