today marks 60 pounds lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
Your weight loss is equal to about six jugs of oil. To put it in oil terms.

Be more appropriate to put it in grease terms, surely?

68.57 tubes.

OK, maybe oil is best. He's an oil guy, after all.

Originally Posted By: Wolf359
Originally Posted By: Astro14
I've got family members who've had great success with the Paleo approach, but it's not easy to maintain that discipline when our grocery store shelves are filled with empty calories and processed foods.

Yeah, I've wondered about the Paleo approach, cave men didn't actually have that long a lifespan, around 25-35 so why are they copying their diet again?

Because 4 million years (give or take) of human evolution hasn't caught up with the changes wrought by the past 8,000 years of agriculture...

What we adapted during those first 4 million years isn't commonly found on grocery store shelves today. Besides, we face fewer mortal threats than cave men, so mortality isn't a fair comparison...

Congrats, low carb seems to work well for most people. I started a low carb diet because diabetes is rampant in my family and both my sisters got it. My weight went from 195 to 170, but, the best news is fasting blood sugar went from 112 to 82, moving me out of prediabetic range to normal.

I just had an insurance exam and got the "healthy" discounted rate. I told my wife she may have to put up with my curmedgeonly attitude for another 20 years :)

Originally Posted By: Astro14
Because 4 million years (give or take) of human evolution hasn't caught up with the changes wrought by the past 8,000 years of agriculture...

What we adapted during those first 4 million years isn't commonly found on grocery store shelves today. Besides, we face fewer mortal threats than cave men, so mortality isn't a fair comparison...

nicely put Astro

Congratulations! Losing a big chunk of weight, no matter what diet was needed to get you there is many, many times better than not losing it. I would advise ignoring the earlier comments that it wasn't the best choice of diet that got you there. Do not mess up a good thing.

If you can master sustainability and maintenance of that weight, you are in like Flint!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back