Loud motorcycles are back

HA! I have visited almost every state in the contiguous USA on what most would consider a "sport bike", including a saddle sore 1000, and many many 700+ mile days. I had a 700+ mile day just last summer on my Guzzi. "sport bikes" can cruise just fine on the slab (interstate). I had luggage, three pieces and have been gone for weeks at a time.

while the forum is all but dead, there used to be quite a few folks who did the same.

www.sport-touring.net
Yeah but your not BrianI703 and not sure exactly what you are saying without listing models and makes.
Brain seems to think =

"The Harley is in the left lane getting passed by everyone else."

Last edited:
Wouldnt some consider a Yamaha Super Tenere as a sport bike or sport tourer?
(BTW I am a yamaha fan)

Adventure/touring bike. Albeit a very huge one!! It's loaded up and ready with permit to go on Navaho Nation Indian Reservation in AZ.
FD2FA8CF-3058-466C-A3C6-F32A5F6ABD5D.jpeg

Almost bit off more than I could chew with a 600+ lb bike.
8C63C1BF-0721-4DBF-82A5-D666F196738F.jpeg

Now for a real adventure bike that can go anywhere slide my butt on the Beta. This is the very most versatile machine you can think of. Very dumb of me running smooth tires though.....

FEA0B84C-8267-4E08-9150-7653F1DBF727_1_105_c.jpeg

Most of them try to look like Paul Teutul Sr, stupid village people mustache, permanent frown on their pie hole and salad bowl helmet. A bunch of tossers.

:ROFLMAO:
diarrhea cannons is what they have common with ricers.
inverse relationship between power and loudness. just like a neighborhood old civic hatchback, that has the loudest cannon of all...

Last edited:
It's because there are more cars than bikes on the road.

There is no stereotyping. The majority of loud pipe, ape hanger and gas station waddlers are old 40+ year old Harley riders. The majority of shorts tee shirt and sandals ripping in and out of traffic are young 20-30 year old sport bike riders.

There are more squids on the road than real riders. It's an easy observation to access rider skills. A very simple one is at a red light. A safe rider has the clutch pulled in foot on rear brake scanning mirror and at the ready to avoid being rear ended or taken out by vehicles nearby. The squid knocks his bike in neutral and sets right behind the car in front of him waiting for light. Or squid is in front of car in neutral and snaps bike in gear at gear then throttles it through intersection without looking.
Squids are also recognizable by the incessant blipping of the throttle when stopped at a red light. My GF asked me last Summer if something was wrong with this rider‘s bike. I told her the nut behind the bars was loose.
im talking about a fuel injected sport bike that would idle like a Swiss watch until it ran out of gas. Blipping like a race bike with no idle circuit. This is the point I’m trying to make obnoxious behavior by motorcycles makes people hate them.
There are a lot more non riders than riders, and police are already cracking down on noise and setting up checkpoints.
they don’t do that with cars because almost everyone drives a car. Motorcycles could end up being outlawed someday……

We could be nice and politically correct and say silly stuff like that
but ever since day one manufactures and their riders have passionately
battled for hearts and minds... I see this fighting attitude as
wholesome for it insures Motorcycling is still fresh and won't crawl
up its own ass and suffocate...

Give me more of that glorious growl...

[youtube]

I am far from “politically correct” if you knew me.

I just don’t want to get hassled on my bikes because bad actors have set an expectation of bad behavior.
A few years ago, I was at an outside restaurant. My bike had stock pipes on it. When I walked over to start it, a mother put her hands over her child’s ears. I hit the starter and the bike burbled to life. I smiled at the mom, put me helmet on, waved at the child and rode off.

So when motorcycles are outlawed because so many non riding voters elect non riding politicians who don’t care about riders since the numbers are so relatively small, we can look at how cool some people think they are ( or were) with their loud exhausts on the street, and racetrack behavior in traffic, along with other obnoxious behavior.

BTW, Manufacturers battle for loans and wallets, not hearts no minds.

I hate when motorcyclists rev their engine at a red traffic light.

Why do they do that ?

They don't impress me at all. I've watched so many of those Harley's get their day handed to them by much faster bikes- Busa's, Ninja's,and all kinds of other bikes.

Loud Harley's and those who think diesel trucks are fast. Nothing like the sight of diesel coming out of the pipes,black as can be,with the ignorance of being an untuned truck with a rattling turbo be the joke of the night.

😂 ... that will never happen. I can think of 100 things that should be outlawed before motorcycles.
Don’t be so sure Zee. Lots more people who don’t ride than do.
politicians are not worried about losing the “motorcyclist vote” .
What about steps to legislate not only decibels but also HP?
Motorcycle only checkpoints already exist.
I guess the guy who railed past my house with open pipes the other night got me thinking about why a lot of people don’t like, or hate even, motorcycles. Part of it is our own fault for not acting responsibly.
One of my bikes has a loud exhaust and I am aware of it, so I upshift early and only use enough throttle to get going when in residental areas. I open it up on backroads and do track days to hone my skill and get the fast rides out of my system.

there are vids on the net of these squids in sneakers directly chalanging poliece w/1 mi long wheel stands, dozens weaving intraffic to confront poliec who can only pull over one or another not the several doz, speeding over 100 MPH, slo to 20 back up, etc.
Gimmie da guy who sits behind his bars almost like a kitchen chair at the lunch table, loud pipes and the denim/leather/boots any day.

Don’t be so sure Zee. Lots more people who don’t ride than do.
politicians are not worried about losing the “motorcyclist vote” .
What about steps to legislate not only decibels but also HP?
Motorcycle only checkpoints already exist.
I guess the guy who railed past my house with open pipes the other night got me thinking about why a lot of people don’t like, or hate even, motorcycles. Part of it is our own fault for not acting responsibly.
One of my bikes has a loud exhaust and I am aware of it, so I upshift early and only use enough throttle to get going when in residental areas. I open it up on backroads and do track days to hone my skill and get the fast rides out of my system.
If everything is outlawed that idiot people misuse or abuse, there wouldn't be hardly anything still legal to own. :LOL: Nobody is going to outlaw all motorcycles because of some people that modify the exhaust to be super loud. If anything, they might try to outlaw some aftermarket parts, like loud exhaust systems or mufflers.

There are loud cars and trucks too, so they should ban all of them too. We'll all be riding horses again soon, lol.

Crack down on noise laws. There use to be way more loud cars and motorcycles around my high populaton area, but over the years police have slowly changed that by writing noise/equipment tickets, and people get sick of paying fines.

Back