Lost my mind totally Silkolene in a Briggs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was at my local Honda dealer with a buddy, he was checking out the bikes. While he was doing that i was looking at their oil selection, boy they had some exotic stuff, repsol, silkolene, motul and so on. Well, I have a craftsman with a Briggs 19hp V twin I/C platinum engine, it was do for an oil change, so why not try a boutique oil in the old boy, tractor is 11 yrs old and has seen everything from mobil 1 10/30, GC 0/30, Motorcraft 15/40, delo 15/40, and some i can't recall. I went with some Silkolene 15/50 Pro 4 ester based synthetic, the red stuff. The guy at the counter asked me what i was running it in, when i told him he looked at me like
shocked.gif
I live in Louisiana so it gets quite hot here, no concerns with the 50 weight, The engine seems smoother, at least that's what i keep telling my self after spendind $28 for for 2 liters. Filter i'm running is a supertech p3614, silkolene and supertech what a combo
wink.gif

Ester in an air cooled engine makes a lot of sense to me. I just filled my motorhome's Generac generator air cooled V-twin engine with Redline 10w30.

WOHOOO! Enjoy the season!

I'd just be worried about possible leakage, but that's just me and is one reason why I don't seem to have much fun any more. Again, enjoy it.

Take care.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back