Lost My Dad Today

God bless, I am sorry for your profound loss. Your father will forever live on in you. The feelings of loss will never go away, they will change to memories. Memories will become more dear to you and you need to lock in the great times and remember those. Continue to be a good Dad to your daughter so when the time comes for God to take you, she will have great memories of you. Try to remember Your Dad is in a better place and will still be guiding you. After my Dad passed, I felt very lonely. I then strived to be the best dad I could be to my children and now Grandfather to my grandchildren. Again, God Bless. My prayers go out to you, your family.

Im sorry to hear of your loss Shannow. I lost my biological dad almost 3 years ago to lung cancer, and my step father who has been in my life since I was 2 years old passed away on my birthday in June of this year. As other have stated, I think of the both of them daily and miss them dearly. You and your family will be in my thoughts as dealing with death is never easy. Take care.

Shannow, my sincerest condolences. I lost my mother to inoperable brain cancer 4 years ago, and my Dad is still here, but probably not for too long. I've always known I would lose them someday, but it doesn't make it any easier. As others have said, remember the good times.

Our thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family and those who loved your dad! I lost my dad some time ago(14 years) and he still lives in me, in the way that I do things. He would have been 100 years old in Feb, 2013.

Originally Posted By: Rick in PA
Wow, that's quite a shocker. The body is gone, but the spirit remains. You'll feel it over time. My own parents are both gone for some time now, and yet I still feel their presence. I'm not a "spiritual" guy, but in this I both know and believe.

I truly believe this as well. I lost my mom to cancer in January 2009 and I know that she is watching over me, I too can feel her presence quite often.

So sorry for your loss Shannow!

Condolences to you and yours. My father died back in '07. It took us awhile to get over his passing.The dull ache subsides into the background after time. My daughter has a baby boy, that sometimes reminds me of Dad.

A passing is something we can never really get over. Just keep the memories close and some day you'll meet again. Im sorry about your dad.

Very sorry for your loss. My condolences.
frown.gif

Back