Lost clutch fluid cap, found unlikely replacement

So I was siphoning out my old clutch and break fluid on my '03 Civic with the plan to do this weekly til it stays clean, because it's such a pain to do a proper flush. In my younger days, I'd do it myself, and I know it would cost more than I want to pay for someone else to do it. Anyhow, I placed the clutch fluid reservoir cap on a flat spot in the engine bay (big mistake, I know) and when I pumped out the reservoir with my Blackstone pump, I turned to dump the fluid and get the new replacement fluid and I heard the cap fall. I didn't see which direction it fell, just heard it. So I start looking in the engine compartment and can't find it. Used a flashlight first, then pulled the car out of the garage into the sunlight. No luck. Next, I drove the car up on the ramps, crawled underneath with a flashlight, and looked more. I spent probably an HOUR looking for the stupid SOB and never could find it. My first temporary solution, til I could source a proper replacement, was a folded ziplock bag and a rubber band. Janky, but temporary. I took the car out for a short drive hoping to shake it out and see it fall to the road in my rear view mirror. Didn't work. Then when I got back home, I noticed the lid from the Blackstone sample container I was using to pump the fluid out and joked that it would fit. Low and behold, it DID! I've since found some possible replacements on ebay, but they're like $30. I'll keep looking but I may just have to fork out the dough for it.
IMG-0716.jpg

IMG-0718.jpg

Nice temporary fix! Next take your makeshift cap with you to the u pull it yard and try it on multible cars, till it fits then buy that u-pull it cap.

Back