DCT wet clutch fluids, universal?

Looking at wet clutcg dct fluids, the next car will have a wet clutch dct and calls for dexron dct fluid. Unfortunately, it seems that spec is hard to come by, and expensive: $50 or more per quart after delivery. I would just pay the dealer to do a change at 1 year (sheduled changes every 3 years / 45k miles) if I could watch them do it: not so easy since covid though...

Then there's Redline which has a universal dct fluid... still hard to come by but it iopens up possibilities.

How incompatible is dexron dct fluid with VAG dct fluid, which is everywhere?

I would just pay the dealer to do a change at 1 year (sheduled changes every 3 years / 45k miles) if I could watch them do it: not so easy since covid though...
Any business that is still blaming covid for something today, is a bit shady or lazy. I wouldn't use anything other than oem fluid on a one year old car under warranty.

the car is an MG HS, but that makes zero difference.
Any business that is still blaming covid for something today, is a bit shady or lazy. I wouldn't use anything other than oem fluid on a one year old car under warranty.

A lot of stuff has changed, and hasn't changed back to pre-covid conditions

Just an excuse for not getting things done. I'd find another dealer that wanted my business more.

I'm sure the service desk will accept the work, I'm just not sure the tech will actually do it if:

A: it's a pain in the backside to do
B: he thinks it's not necessary
C: he likely won't get caught

I've been a tech long enough to know this is a risk. Could be the worlds easiest job for all I know, but on VAG DSG it seems a bit involved...

This is a big dealer, at this location they do ford, suzuki, hyundai and MG, probably others too

My go-to.

Screenshot_20240102_085311_Chrome.jpg

Back