Looking for a filter that can go 10,000 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to find a filter that I can change every other oil change at 5,000 mile intervals. I'd also like to keep the price below 10 dollars. Any and all suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Can you get an M1 filter for under $10?
Yes, I can. Walmart has the M1 and the Fram EG for 8 dollars. I'm just looking for suggestions.

WIX, M1, PureOne
21.gif

I forgot to mention I'm using Havoline filters right now which I've been getting at my local dollar store on sale for $2.50. Normally they are $2.99. They look pretty much like a Purolator premium plus. Would this filter be capable of going 10,000 miles? I've also found a great deal on some Mahle filters.

Last edited:
We have done it with no issues with delco, delco gold, denso, purolator pure one, mahle, Mann, hengst.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: JHZR2
We have done it with no issues with delco, delco gold, denso, purolator pure one, mahle, Mann, hengst.
Do you know where I might be able to find the delco gold's for my car? I've looked around but I can't find them. Only the delco's.

PureOne, Wix, Mobil-1(K&N), Bosch, Hastings(Baldwin)and Purolator are my choices for under ten dollars.

Originally Posted By: brian12
I'd like to find a filter that I can change every other oil change at 5,000 mile intervals. I'd also like to keep the price below 10 dollars. Any and all suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

How long does 10k take you to accumulate? What kind of daily drive to you have? Annual mileage?

Over 10k/year? Not much of a problem.
Under 10k/year ..probably too much short trip usage with fuel enrichment providing the combustion byproducts in enough quantities to load the filter.

That is, how much of your 5k/10k is in higher loading state?

Most filters will function over this span. Some will filter better and have better ADBVs.

Agreed! I replace the filter every other OC. The in between changes, I pull the filter off, clean and inspect then re-install. The filters have been looking great with 10K on them. I use supertech, MC & Purolator premium plus filters and do this with all of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back