looking for a dino with out mideast oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm.... North America has about 16% of the world's oil reserves and the mideast has 56%.

Given that the economy is globalized and has been since before the invention of the sail, the only way to prove your point is to abstain from oil all together.

i'm not trying to prove a point, but if i have a choice to get products from here then why not? what is the harm in trying to buy american, or not support a group that controls our economy and really has no respect for us? i'm not sure why so many have a problem with this way of thinking, it seems to be cool to not buy american, these foreign nations have done a good job commercializing them selfs.

it looks like that brad penn oil is 100% u.s. so i think i'll contact my local dist. and see what i can get it for.

Originally Posted By: S2500Dog
Yo man, you are not going to find many motor oil brands out there that is totally 100& made and distributed in the United States in any shape or form.

Brad-Penn is one of the very few that lays claim to that.

Amsoil 'might' also count in this scenario. AFAIK, they make their PAO-based oils from EOM PAO, which is synthezized in the US.

Their XL group III oils, from what I've read, are made from Petro-Canada sourced group III, which may have little, if any, ME oil.

Originally Posted By: mopar_monkey
i'm not trying to prove a point, but if i have a choice to get products from here then why not? what is the harm in trying to buy american, or not support a group that controls our economy and really has no respect for us? i'm not sure why so many have a problem with this way of thinking, it seems to be cool to not buy american, these foreign nations have done a good job commercializing themselves.

VERY sadly, you are barking up the WRONG tree for the most part on this particular site at least (I could not agree with you more
wink.gif
).
Somehow most on here seem to be under the false sense of security/impression that their individual livelihoods are absolutely and positively impervious to foreign outsourcing, or even complete vaporization by their beloved 'free trade/global economy' that they ALL tout/promote/scream from the mountaintops (and would keep doing so even as this country loses ALL of it's manufacturing base, and sinks into 5th world status
frown.gif
mad.gif
).

I don't know, maybe they all already work for foreign entities (hence the feeling of safety?), or maybe they just do not care what happens to this country (and subsequently their jobs/income) as long as their foreign product consumerism is intact, and their 'principles' are maintained???
21.gif

Originally Posted By: Johnny
The oil is in the ground my friend, all our fine government needs to do is release all the STUPID restrictions that are in place now, tell the EPA and eco wackos where to put it and let the good oil companies here to start drilling. The oil wells in the good old USA are not dried up, they are shut down.

Yep, and because of this oil spill in the gulf they will take it out on the oil companies. They will fine them, tax them, and we will foot that bill. We should be drillin and only using our own oil, but I doubt that will happen now because oil companies are "evil" and destroyed the gulf.

i buy gas from pilot because i understand that they use no mideast crude in there fuel

I would have to see that on their legal letterhead sworn to by a notary. The way on the pipelines are joined together in this country I do not believe for one minute that every station in the country is not pumping fuel from crude that comes from outside of this country. I sure hope that everyone realizes that a good percentage of the oil pumped off the ocean floor in the gulf and other places is sold to foreign countries, not used here at home.

Originally Posted By: Johnny
i buy gas from pilot because i understand that they use no mideast crude in there fuel

I would have to see that on their legal letterhead sworn to by a notary. The way on the pipelines are joined together in this country I do not believe for one minute that every station in the country is not pumping fuel from crude that comes from outside of this country. I sure hope that everyone realizes that a good percentage of the oil pumped off the ocean floor in the gulf and other places is sold to foreign countries, not used here at home.

i'm not claiming it as gospel but i heard the refinery's that pilot buys there fuel from get there crude from the u.s., central and south America.

Originally Posted By: rjacket
Surely the oil being used for oil is a minute fraction of the oil being used for gas.

What are you going to do next, not serve customers using gas from the middle east.

Anyway, how about trying recycled oil and angle yourself as an eco friendly maintenance shop? You could sell all sorts of services designed to be environmentally friendly. Less usage of oil and gas would reduce dependence on foreign oil. This might give you a differentiated offering in your area and get you more business.

well i can spend my money with who ever i like, this really is'nt me being a snob and if there are people that don't have a prob with filtering there money out of our country then that's up to them. but we are American workers (most of us on here anyway)and need our jobs, if everyone started spending there money with an outside company instead of yours you'd be out of a job. so why not try to help out your neighbors and friends by doing more business in the good ol u.s.a. ?

Well, if this is any indication very little if any of the crude processed for fuel come from our soil. South America and Eastern supply chain supplies this refiner.

From the Pilot website:

By 2001 Pilot was operating 65 convenience stores and 140 travel centers in 37 states. On September 1, 2001, Pilot Corporation and Marathon Petroleum Company (MPC) entered into an agreement to form Pilot Travel Centers (PTC). MPC is the nation's fifth largest petroleum refiner. MPC's 974,000 barrels per calendar day (bpcd) of crude refining capacity represents six percent of the total U.S. capacity.

Originally Posted By: dailydriver
i'm not trying to prove a point, but if i have a choice to get products from here then why not? what is the harm in trying to buy american, or not support a group that controls our economy and really has no respect for us? i'm not sure why so many have a problem with this way of thinking, it seems to be cool to not buy american, these foreign nations have done a good job commercializing themselves.

VERY sadly, you are barking up the WRONG tree for the most part on this particular site at least (I could not agree with you more
wink.gif
).
Somehow most on here seem to be under the false sense of security/impression that their individual livelihoods are absolutely and positively impervious to foreign outsourcing, or even complete vaporization by their beloved 'free trade/global economy' that they ALL tout/promote/scream from the mountaintops (and would keep doing so even as this country loses ALL of it's manufacturing base, and sinks into 5th world status
frown.gif
mad.gif
).

I don't know, maybe they all already work for foreign entities (hence the feeling of safety?), or maybe they just do not care what happens to this country (and subsequently their jobs/income) as long as their foreign product consumerism is intact, and their 'principles' are maintained???
21.gif

[censored] foreigners. Maybe we should kick them all out and cut ourselves off with the rest of the world and be self sufficent. Wait! Didn't a certain leader in WWII also share this same sentiment??? Protectionism does not work. At least it did not work during the Great depression..

I am American and am all for this country helping itself but I have to say that the American workplace is a disgrace. I would love to go into specific details but then this would be a book. I talk to people at other companies who say that it is the same at their company. I see this in different departments too. I am sure most people realize what I am saying is true. I am not lying or stretching the truth, I have seen enough and talked to enough people who see the same things in their workplace that I am serious when I say the American workplace is a disgrace. If you want people to buy your products you need to make some big changes in the way the workplace operates in this country.

Last edited:
The other strategy is to become a mechanic with a target market of poor one car families and screw up the repairs. That way they won't be driving as much and because they are poor they won't be able to afford a rental.

That should have a significant impact on middle eastern oil imports

i'm not claiming it as gospel but i heard the refinery's that pilot buys there fuel from get there crude from the u.s., central and south America.

this whole topic is ridiculous. your worldview is pathetically small and naive; yes, buying American is important, BUT it goes both ways. MANY American companies DEPEND on International trade (my business among them; majority of our business is in China). Folks in South Louisiana I can guarantee you, are grateful for foreign investment in drilling in the gulf.
another thing is that American companies themselves move work out of country, or register their companies off shore to avoid US taxes and regulation. I for one will not, nor feel obligated to a company just because they are 'American'.
don't get caught up in the whole 'they hate us' propaganda; Saudi Arabia is an ALLY, an important trading partner which invests in the US and vice versa. China is communist, but props up the US by loans EVERY DAY.
and finally, it's THEIR oil, not THERE. come on, you were taught the difference between THEIR, THERE, and THEY'RE in 2nd grade! learn it! this should help

Originally Posted By: mpvue

this whole topic is ridiculous. your worldview is pathetically small and naive; yes, buying American is important, BUT it goes both ways. MANY American companies DEPEND on International trade (my business among them; majority of our business is in China). Folks in South Louisiana I can guarantee you, are grateful for foreign investment in drilling in the gulf.
another thing is that American companies themselves move work out of country, or register their companies off shore to avoid US taxes and regulation. I for one will not, nor feel obligated to a company just because they are 'American'.
don't get caught up in the whole 'they hate us' propaganda; Saudi Arabia is an ALLY, an important trading partner which invests in the US and vice versa. China is communist, but props up the US by loans EVERY DAY.
and finally, it's THEIR oil, not THERE. come on, you were taught the difference between THEIR, THERE, and THEY'RE in 2nd grade! learn it! this should help

One of the smartest comments I have heard on this forum in a while. I agree 120%.

Originally Posted By: Autobahn88

One of the smartest comments I have heard on this forum in a while. I agree 120%.

Yeah I was getting sick of THEIR instead of THERE. Theirs no excuse

Last edited:
sorry for the grammar, although it has no effect on what i am saying, all i was asking is if there was a company that uses domestic oil, do you buy a car because it is made in japan or germany? if so you are just as naive as i. i wasn't trying to get into politics with anyone and nor do i look down on you for your view. a lot of money going to the terrorist has filtered through saudi arabia. i like how people like yourself deem me as ignorant for having a different view then you, oh like someone from ww2. i'm not saying to not buy anything that's not made in america but when you do your putting money back in your own pocket in a round about way.

Originally Posted By: Autobahn88

wow,120% huh ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back