Looking for a 10lb Slide Hammer Kit w/Accessories

I am in the market for a 10-lb slide hammer kit with accessories. The slide hammer needs to be able to accept 5/8-18 thread accessories.

Does anyone make such a kit? This is the only one I have found:

I don't use a 10 pounder very often....But I have a OTC 7703 that works well. You usually buy a 5 pound kit & use those accessories on a 10 pounder if needed.
I use my Snap-on 5 pounder & OTC 2 1/2 pounder for most jobs that call for a slide hammer.

A 10 is overkill for 99 percent of things. I think in 20 years ours has come out 3 times
I don't use a 10 pounder very often....But I have a OTC 7703 that works well. You usually buy a 5 pound kit & use those accessories on a 10 pounder if needed.
I use my Snap-on 5 pounder & OTC 2 1/2 pounder for most jobs that call for a slide hammer.
Since this is used for removal, other than the weight, what is the downside of a 10 pounder?

Is there any reason to own both?

The weight is biggest drawback to me. A 5 pounder will pull off/out most Hubs & Live Axle Shafts. But I don't live were they salt the roads so corrosion is a nonfactor most of the time.

I use a slide hammer to remove many transmission pump bodies & a 10 pounder would be ridiculous, A 2 1/2 pounder is perfect.

How often does one use a 10lb sledge, vs a 2/3 lb one? I get it that it’s a different tool, but it seems analogous.

Is there much of anything that wouldn’t budge with a bit of extra hammering from a smaller one… thst just HAS to have the extra mass?

I have these 3. I had a 10lb (cheap one) but it didn't get much use, I got tired of tripping over the thing so I tossed it.

The 1lb is for PDR glue tabs.

Thanks. We already have a 5 pounder at shop; I wanted a second set for home use and was considering a 10 pounder for variety, but it doesn't sound like there's much of a point. The 5 pounder has never been defeated, anyway.

$85 at Grainger.

Just Google the exact thing you're looking for.
There are quite a few choices.
Revival.....I just ordered this one. $71+tax at Zoro with 10% code

I did a front wheel bearing on a Honda just now and my current 5lb took way too much work to wrestle out the spindle/WMS

I know I won't use it often but I think it'll be nice to know I have options.

I did consider just grabbing a chunk of solid round, measuring out 10#, thru-drilling and knurling the OD, but I'd rather spend ~$70 than take the time.

Back