Looked at and drove a new Venza today.

The new Venza looks sharp. It has that 2.5 Dynamic Force (SkyActiv) motor along with the battery. With the recent news that the production of the Maverick has been halted I’m not sure I would wait around either.

The fuel economy benefits are going to be important going forward. Gasoline will be getting more expensive as time goes on.

The Harrier/Venza is probably the closest thing an American can get to buying a Japanese domestic market car except for the Prius.

If you get the Venza....

all trims have remote start but for some reason the marketing materials don't state it....tap-tap-hold on the lock button on the key fob (if i recall correctly)

0W16 is required because the oil pump is electric driven and tuned for W16..not driven by a serpentine belt. (save the W30, W40 for a non-hybrid)

check the hybrid battery air filter once in a while. Located under the 2nd row, pass. side

or if you can wait and local inventory isn't to your likimg, custom order one. 8-12 week wait.

good luck keep us updated

Last edited:
Hello everyone. I bought the Venza today, Picking it up tomorrow. My lady friend just loved it. No more climbing into the F-150, she struggles getting in and out. When I went in today they tried the usual low ball offer for my truck. Only had to tell them that I had a fixed amount to spend on the purchase 4 times and they finally knuckled. Got my number and they worked the $499 admin fee into the number. The figure was $1K less than I paid for my truck 3.5 years ago. I don't have any pics that came out good so that will have to wait till tomorrow and use my Nikon. Looking at all the stuff on this thing, I might learn it all in 3 or 4 years.:D:unsure:

Took it down the interstate again and the 219 HP is plenty to cruise at 80 effortlessly. Was windy and it tracked good and didn't wander. The metallic ruby paint sparkled in the sun. Worth $400 IMO. My lady friend was very helpful as I had her ask questions that I told her to ask to see if I got the same answers as yesterday. They had no qualms about her question, can we go for another test drive? She even got them to refill the tank to full. She's a sweetie. Emptied out the truck and could not believe the assortment of junk I found. Even found her lost sunglasses.

Decent pics tomorrow.

Enjoy your beautiful Venza! I take it you paid sticker, $34,560, but your Ford pulled such good money it worked out well?
The Venza is a great package. Wifey's RX450h was like $66K or more; I liked the Venza but she wanted the RX.

QoJnJw3JDHB6U97d913vk1k0HqU8jyeUeO9cnXJyfKzR5zp1QS6rSjM9FhkOJrOImNKl7jBT9wnrxYWhnh7DMlLdgon70GQmfXZsDYGzTpAdmIvLd658hAPedwgTI_TUmmYiVjVyvhBxkB9bHTcwngPZWBrXKKoa_1EhYWIf0AfPSlR1aztbGL1E4h0aw2cSGGzX5uf2GmbvXdRKXPzxlo2F6ThGMnF4HHoBkqXJFjAhN71oRmN4UzPL2nuyLTfoKteOBySSp-w7TSBN71DR4tl6p_czKcRTIyCOZSgc5_OkA_vsPOEO-jTxzFFPHQPrk05MEoFdarv4Tu-YdHY4YCqeYRLspcqs0IlEd2VfuQgD6_R3ziCHkJzFKA6JSmrD1DHyNa9f7lrVQayQnu6tF4F1rQ3ijDYZtmMO8uVXq9NoZddncZY3mp0COW2JxqCEB4PbUN9oxGXLvAoip_Ly1heKl7FyzuzWISSKlnx7VvrZJUB_jxtrWslpNACjh0tFEeJjuORwglbjUZ1UkxKulp4Fo0lGqszMfM1jEtxdCSQkXKZ0yFt-VeXDlMmqh8C7NxaupA_Ck0P6EkcAqyhvkVXCwGaO7_C4JvAinzAk3_HOLq1EhIxvLrDP4mKAGdkB0t9NFy0Y06t3jAmXgcI5y4e3X60l5nx5kGaE8cInA2aHESMZ8Jsh2eJ60BvhTLSYdqM2fOlXv6NxDo14wd7zZE3R=w1270-h953-no

Enjoy your beautiful Venza! I take it you paid sticker, $34,560, but your Ford pulled such good money it worked out well?
The Venza is a great package. Wifey's RX450h was like $66K or more; I liked the Venza but she wanted the RX.
MSRP is what I paid. For the content I feel it was a fair value. I had a very good sales rep. Kevin supposedly worked hard to get my price. "Wink Wink" Answered all question quickly and to the best of his knowledge, if he didn't know, he got help. Quit bargaining when I got my price. No need to spending an hour trying to save a few hundred and creating animosity. They are 20 miles from my home(closest dealer to me) and will use them for service at least for the first 2 years which is free.

QoJnJw3JDHB6U97d913vk1k0HqU8jyeUeO9cnXJyfKzR5zp1QS6rSjM9FhkOJrOImNKl7jBT9wnrxYWhnh7DMlLdgon70GQmfXZsDYGzTpAdmIvLd658hAPedwgTI_TUmmYiVjVyvhBxkB9bHTcwngPZWBrXKKoa_1EhYWIf0AfPSlR1aztbGL1E4h0aw2cSGGzX5uf2GmbvXdRKXPzxlo2F6ThGMnF4HHoBkqXJFjAhN71oRmN4UzPL2nuyLTfoKteOBySSp-w7TSBN71DR4tl6p_czKcRTIyCOZSgc5_OkA_vsPOEO-jTxzFFPHQPrk05MEoFdarv4Tu-YdHY4YCqeYRLspcqs0IlEd2VfuQgD6_R3ziCHkJzFKA6JSmrD1DHyNa9f7lrVQayQnu6tF4F1rQ3ijDYZtmMO8uVXq9NoZddncZY3mp0COW2JxqCEB4PbUN9oxGXLvAoip_Ly1heKl7FyzuzWISSKlnx7VvrZJUB_jxtrWslpNACjh0tFEeJjuORwglbjUZ1UkxKulp4Fo0lGqszMfM1jEtxdCSQkXKZ0yFt-VeXDlMmqh8C7NxaupA_Ck0P6EkcAqyhvkVXCwGaO7_C4JvAinzAk3_HOLq1EhIxvLrDP4mKAGdkB0t9NFy0Y06t3jAmXgcI5y4e3X60l5nx5kGaE8cInA2aHESMZ8Jsh2eJ60BvhTLSYdqM2fOlXv6NxDo14wd7zZE3R=w1270-h953-no
Happy Wife = Happy Life

The new Venza looks sharp. It has that 2.5 Dynamic Force (SkyActiv) motor along with the battery. With the recent news that the production of the Maverick has been halted I’m not sure I would wait around either.

The fuel economy benefits are going to be important going forward. Gasoline will be getting more expensive as time goes on.
Called the Ford dealer today before I went today and basically they are clueless to when mine would even be scheduled to build. Add 3 months to that date is when I would have it. That was the final straw. Went and made the deal on the Venza. They think I still want it. Soooo... flippy flippy if the market is still hot.

Last edited:
A fairly common complaint w/the Venza is the OEM tires...the Bridgestone Ecotopias if I recall correctly.

If you start noticing road/wind noise once the new car honeymoon period wears off, blame the tires before blaming the car. Congrats.

A fairly common complaint w/the Venza is the OEM tires...the Bridgestone Ecotopias if I recall correctly.

If you start noticing road/wind noise once the new car honeymoon period wears off, blame the tires before blaming the car. Congrats.
Picked up the Venza a bit ago. Mine came with Dunlop's

My parent's Venza has the 19" wheels with the Bridegstone Ecopia H/L 422 Plus tires. It is a great looking tire but not all that well regarded overall. The dealer filled them with nitrogen as part of the PDI :rolleyes:

Years ago we had the Ecopia 422 on a Ford Escape (they replaced the OEM Michelins.) Got about 30,000 miles out of the Bridgestones before they needed to be replaced. Replaced them with Firestone Destination LE2 and never looked back.

I have a '21 Venza Limited. I am very happy with it. I just passed 9k miles and have averaged 45+ MPG's over that period.

The hybrid system works well and has exceeded my expectations.

My neighbor just got one. It's really nice looing. I assume he was running off the battery because it make a strange whooshing sound as he drove past us while we were in front of his house walking.
Pedestrian alert sounds/EVWS

Most newer electric/hybrid/PHEV vehicles do it at low speeds

I have a '21 Venza Limited. I am very happy with it. I just passed 9k miles and have averaged 45+ MPG's over that period.

The hybrid system works well and has exceeded my expectations.
The lady friend and I drove 120 miles today to look at fall foliage, over all kinds of roads and averaged 45.5 mpg for the day. Just a pure pleasure to drive. Handles fine despite what the reviewers say. They think it is too soft. I find the body roll more than acceptable and when cranked into a curve it hold its line well, without a lot a micro corrections.

Back