LKQ Pick-A-Part rip-off fee for taking tires off wheels

You ain't gonna find a Trans Am in a pick&pull, at least not one with much usable parts.
Would you rather I chose a different example? I could name a thousand different models with taillights more expensive than some old ****box Hyundai.

I go to the various LKQs in Maryland often. I think their prices are fair. I like the one in Mt Airy best.

Not all taillights are priced the same. A Hyundai? Sure, dirt cheap. How about for a Trans Am?

That's another issue I have with LKQ. If you drive a car that has cheap parts, they are often not competitive. If your car has expensive parts, then they still might seem like a deal.

They have to remove the tires anyway before the cars are crushed so that is part of the employee's duties. Whether now or later when the cars as disposed of.
Cars often go into the crusher with the wheels and tires on.

0E29623B-E76D-4857-9CDB-534CC8CE2163.jpeg

Another reason I like LKQ is they have a full price list online. You don't have to pay for the 90 day guarantee, but they put it on by default so you need to tell them you don't want it.

Maybe there prices are high - but there published. You can also ask - which I have before I pulled something that was going to take a while.

View attachment 118096

Yikes! The last remaining non-LKQ pick and pull here in MN is U pull R parts. They have two yards on opposite corners of the metro. Current pricing for a tail light? $26.51. Plus a $2 entry fee, and tax. 30 day warranty included. LKQ sucks, but now that they own the recycled parts market I have to deal with them constantly.

Back