Liqui-Moly Synthoil Racetech GT1 10W-60

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not wanting to hijack the thread, but I am interested in the STI racing oil mentioned above; if anyone has found any info on this please let me know...Thank you!

quote:

Originally posted by gtx510:
hmmm. Maybe I can talk her into a 5W40 synthetic?

Any suggestions? GC should work, huh?

Her husband's got an E38 740i so maybe I can get them both to switch to a LL-98 or LL-01 oil?

S52 is basically the M52 motor that debuted back in `96. A 0w40/5w40 works great, I suggest Lubro Moly 5w40. GC would be good too. Same oils would work great in the M60/M62 motor also.

My friend picked up a `95 740iL with 130k on the clock, original owner, and very clean for $5.5k about a month ago. It needed new catyltic convertors ($1k job for that car) but still nice car for $6.5k. Quite a change from his last car (E30 M3 and his many previous E30's). He is running Delo 15w40 currently.

Well, wish me luck convincing them into some ARX and then a 5W40 syn.

I hear 7's where getting cheaper than 5's. I don't look into prices much but that seems like agreat deal.
BTW, would you know of anyone selling a 318ti?

quote:

Originally posted by slipangle1:
Not wanting to hijack the thread, but I am interested in the STI racing oil mentioned above; if anyone has found any info on this please let me know...Thank you!

I'm betting it's someone else's repackaged oil. Similar to the overpriced Mazdaspeed oil that was really Neo oil.
Maybe the same as the Greddy oil?
What other companies out there make a 10W60?

quote:

Originally posted by gtx510:
Well, wish me luck convincing them into some ARX and then a 5W40 syn.

I hear 7's where getting cheaper than 5's. I don't look into prices much but that seems like agreat deal.
BTW, would you know of anyone selling a 318ti?

7's have the worst resale value out of any BMW. But they can be extremely expensive to own as they age so be careful. I don't know of anyone personally selling one but I just looked on autotrader and there are are 15 within 100 miles of san diego.

quote:

Originally posted by windnsea00:

My friend picked up a `95 740iL with 130k on the clock, original owner, and very clean for $5.5k about a month ago.

Dang, that's such a good deal. I can't get in on a 7-series (95-02) under 9 grand, personally. Must have known the owner.

holy necromance batman! is this oil any good for a 4efte (basically an 80s engine boosted to [censored])?

being in calif you could run redline 15-50 or even the 20-50 if your in a warmer area, both have high HTHS as well as low Noacks, its REAL synthetic oil at its best!! list @ $12 a qt but shopping will do a bit better delivered to your door!!!

Originally Posted by benjy
being in calif you could run redline 15-50 or even the 20-50 if your in a warmer area, both have high HTHS as well as low Noacks, its REAL synthetic oil at its best!! list @ $12 a qt but shopping will do a bit better delivered to your door!!!

im not in cali

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back