Liqui-moly new generation oil

Liqui-moly sells this in a 5w-30 , it’s called molygen new generation, it states it would be ideal for my application (2021 Toyota Supra)
Any advice on this oil?? PS it also states its
GREEN in color ??!! I hope I read that wrong 😜

No, Not specifically That oil, but it exceeds specifications that is required

Assuming they even know the Toyota specification, I would have thought it included a grade designation. Did they mention what the specification is?

I have run the 5W40 "VW 502-ish" variation of this product (does not have the approval but is only "recommended for") - works fine to me based on my UOAs or at leas no-differently than the oil I've used by them. It has a tungsten-based friction modifier added (they call it "MFC"- molecular friction control). It's has a green UV dye for leak detection. I'm not familiar with the new Supra's oil requirements - what does it call for in terms of approvals/specs/viscosity?

Here is what they list for the 5W30 version of Molygen:

Capture.JPG

Is the OP trying to save money on oil after spending a big chunk on a Supra?

I can not run a 0-20 weight oil with 90+ degrees in the summer, that’s why I’m looking for a 5-30, if Toyota sold a 5-30 “Supra” oil,
I’d buy it,

Many new supra owners are switching to the 5-30 oils. Especially in the hotter climates.
It’s not price, if Toyota made a 5-30,I wouldn’t
Be having this discussion, but they don’t make it. That’s why I’m searching for an alternative.

Someone is needed to try the GR oils and they sound about as specific as the molygen, at least don't exclude the Supra: https://toyotagazooracing.com/jp/gr/grparts/oil/

Whatever may be going on in Japan, JXTG, Idemitsu, Mobil1... Early racing over here just happened with local old RUP (not specific either of course): https://www.ravenol.de/new/toyota-gr-supra-gt4-mit-ravenol-schmierstoffen-unterwegs/

All of the fill could have got drained timely, but photos were shot. So not working in the Supra would be the alternative low VI fun.

Last edited:
Many new supra owners are switching to the 5-30 oils. Especially in the hotter climates.
It’s not price, if Toyota made a 5-30,I wouldn’t
Be having this discussion, but they don’t make it. That’s why I’m searching for an alternative.
What are the Supra forums/FB pages saying w/r to the 5W30s? Anyone running Molygen? It's amazing the power you can get of the new Supra with a simple software tune.

Back