Liqui Moly MoS2 interesting sediment pics.

Almost tempted to try it. Is it good stuff? What's the deal with their Leicht Lauf line?
I have posted a ton of UOAs and VOAs from my VWs with both oils in the UOA section, they come up easily with a search if you are intersted.

Eh, it's not going to be any different than any other "502" oil (to me). Why not? It doesn't actually have any approvals so if you are the warranty worry wart then pass. LLHT 5W40 is their more traditional Euro oil with all the approvals. Folsk here say why bother b/c you can get M1 etc. for less that does the same thing. I get all my LM stuff from FCP Euro and use their lifetime replacement so mine cost exactly 0 (even with shipping as I use Paypal and get it refunded). Hard to argue with free.
Thanks for the info. How exactly does free replacement work for motor oil?

The other oil with tungsten is Motul 8100 X-Cess 5W40.

40 years or so late to the party.

castrol with tungsten.jpg

Thanks for the info. How exactly does free replacement work for motor oil?
Here you go - from my Youtube channel. The video is a bit dated now as I currently use the Paypal refund your return shipping trick. I've posted here/there are threads here from me that always get shut down b/c folks here can't manage for some reason that this isn't wrong or unethical etc. FCP literrally tells you how to do it on their website/their Youtube channel. One of their folks is a regular on one of the VW FB groups and encourages it/tells you how to do it. They do this on any item they sell sans additives or things that are fully consumed. The trick is obvisous - it's a marketing game that you think you'll take advantage of it but don't b/c there is a PITA invovled (just like a rebate), you end up not keeping the vehicle long enough to ever need a replacement, and while you are there be-boppin' along with your shopping you buy a bunch more stuff. Meanwhile, folks here are making up addresses to get more rebates - you can't make it up. I've used it for my wipers, cabin filters, and oil change kits successfully for a few years. I will be doing brake rotors soon. The other trick is to use Paypal to buy the stuff then you can submit your return shipping receipts up to 12x a year (and max $30 per) for a full refund. Great deal for those that want to do it. Oh yeah, and yes, you can ship used oil, it's not a haz waste base on its flashpoint but you *may* get some USPS employees that don't understand. I use a small rural post office and they don't ever care. Not sure how UPS/Fedex deal with it.

Last edited:
Here you go - from my Youtube channel. The video is a bit dated now as I currently use the Paypal refund your return shipping trick. I've posted here/there are threads here from me that always get shut down b/c folks here can't manage for some reason that this isn't wrong or unethical etc. FCP literrally tells you how to do it on their website/their Youtube channel. One of their folks is a regular on one of the VW FB groups and encourages it/tells you how to do it. They do this on any item they sell sans additives or things that are fully consumed. The trick is obvisous - it's a marketing game that you think you'll take advantage of it but don't b/c there is a PITA invovled (just like a rebate), you end up not keeping the vehicle long enough to ever need a replacement, and while you are there be-boppin' along with your shopping you buy a bunch more stuff. Meanwhile, folks here are making up addresses to get more rebates - you can't make it up. I've used it for my wipers, cabin filters, and oil change kits successfully for a few years. I will be doing brake rotors soon. The other trick is to use Paypal to buy the stuff then you can submit your return shipping receipts up to 12x a year (and max $30 per) for a full refund. Great deal for those that want to do it. Oh yeah, and yes, you can ship used oil, it's not a haz waste base on its flashpoint but you *may* get some USPS employees that don't understand. I use a small rural post office and they don't ever care. Not sure how UPS/Fedex deal with it.

Wow, sounds like a complicated racket. Do they also cover shipping, or you pay for that? If so, how much is shipping?

I read his comment too fast, got it. Seems like a lot of work. Maybe it's worth it, I don't know.
It's no more work (to me) than the BS M1 rebate crap - that I didn't even get b/c of who knows why. This works 100% of the time. This is a deal so all my annual wipers, filters, oil changes for 3/5 cars costs 0. I'd say it worth a few minutes to handle the return...

It's no more work (to me) than the BS M1 rebate crap - that I didn't even get b/c of who knows why. This works 100% of the time. This is a deal so all my annual wipers, filters, oil changes for 3/5 cars costs 0. I'd say it worth a few minutes to handle the return...
That is true, and thank you so much for the info. I might give Liqui Moly Molygen 5W-40 a try. I will probably get it from Amazon though, since I don't need to get it in a kit.

Do you happen to know what the difference is between Mobil 1 FS 5W-40 and Mobil 1 FS X2 5W-40? They seem to be identical, except that the X2 version has fewer approvals. Walmart seems to be selling the X2 version, while Advance Auto Parts sells the other one. The way Mobil 1 labels products is sometimes confusing. I'm trying to figure out what the difference is between them. Thank you.

That is true, and thank you so much for the info. I might give Liqui Moly Molygen 5W-40 a try. I will probably get it from Amazon though, since I don't need to get it in a kit.

Do you happen to know what the difference is between Mobil 1 FS 5W-40 and Mobil 1 FS X2 5W-40? They seem to be identical, except that the X2 version has fewer approvals. Walmart seems to be selling the X2 version, while Advance Auto Parts sells the other one. The way Mobil 1 labels products is sometimes confusing. I'm trying to figure out what the difference is between them. Thank you.
You can buy it from FCP by the jug etc./no kit BTW. FSx2 vs. FS. There is a thread on it over in the Euro section should be easy to find. Seems to be exactly the same just different packaging likely indicating new approvals for the FS version (LL01). I have the FSx2 on my Sportwagen right now. Last non-LM oil I'm trying....a few more mos. then back to Molygen I think.

You can buy it from FCP by the jug etc./no kit BTW. FSx2 vs. FS. There is a thread on it over in the Euro section should be easy to find. Seems to be exactly the same just different packaging likely indicating new approvals for the FS version (LL01). I have the FSx2 on my Sportwagen right now. Last non-LM oil I'm trying....a few more mos. then back to Molygen I think.

How do you like it? Any noticeable difference compared to other oils?

How about Castrol EDGE 5W-40? Any good?

How do you like it? Any noticeable difference compared to other oils?

How about Castrol EDGE 5W-40? Any good?
No difference that I can discern. I've tried Quaker State Ultimate Durability Euro 5W40 and M1 0W40 this year as well. UOA for data at end of this run. I've only run the Castrol 5W40 in my Atlas not the Sportwagen.

I love the title "Liqui MolyMoS2 interesting sediment pics," just what I want to pour into my oil. I wish I could find @Trav 's pictures, they told a much better story than the inside of an oil filter. They instantly stopped me from using their products.

I love the title "Liqui MolyMoS2 interesting sediment pics," just what I want to pour into my oil. I wish I could find @Trav 's pictures, they told a much better story than the inside of an oil filter. They instantly stopped me from using their products.

Someone should find/post them for sure, they are infamous!. Everytime this comes up however, I always think that the * is missing.....

*after the car sat for a XYZ (a long time) and was driven a short distance before the oil pan/whatever was removed to reveal that the material had settled.

If you drive your vehicle regularly, there is no concern is what I take away from this. We also don't know that if the vehicle were then driven reguarly again after its hiatus, that the MoS2 would have just re-suspsended. No clue. It's a single point of data.

Someone should find/post them for sure, they are infamous!. Everytime this comes up however, I always think that the * is missing.....

*after the car sat for a XYZ (a long time) and was driven a short distance before the oil pan/whatever was removed to reveal that the material had settled.

If you drive your vehicle regularly, there is no concern is what I take away from this. We also don't know that if the vehicle were then driven reguarly again after its hiatus, that the MoS2 would have just re-suspsended. No clue. It's a single point of data.
Maybe MoS2 is a technology that outlived its usefulness and is not needed nor desired in modern engines. Liqui Moly offers it because it sells. I have no love for oil additives, and it's weird that an oil company peddles them. Though it's not as bad as Lucas Oil Stabilizer - bright stock with a 5000 percent markup. Marvel Mystery Oil, Slick 50, and others come to mind, all snake oil. What's so sad and deceptive about additives is that most of the time people who couldn't afford to take care of their vehicles to begin with, fall on hard times and look at these products as solutions - kind of like a mechanic in a bottle. I'd love to see at least a bit of effort put into educating the general public about these additives.

The search engine is not helping me, they're on the board maybe you'll have better luck....

Regarding the vehicle sitting, here's the rub. @Trav drove the car prior to dropping the oil pan, he had to move it to get it into place to do the repair. The "Liqui MolyMoS2 interesting sediment", was clumped in the oil pan, so much for it mixing back into suspension. But hey you don't have to believe me others on the site saw the pictures, or PM Trav maybe he still has them. I'm certain he's done with the product, and he might be done with this thread too. ;)

Adding a quart of Lucas Oil Stabilizer and a bottle of MoS2 to a 6~7 quart sump should give anyone the ultimate protection! The Lucas will make sure the MoS2 sticks everywhere inside the engine and doesn't fall out of suspension. :ROFLMAO:

This might be the post but I don’t see any pictures

Back