Liqui Moly MoS2 interesting sediment pics.

No, I'm going by price point and reputation. And, I am not putting SuperTech down. The OP has an engine than runs hotter than usual. It looks like that's how these hemis are built. I am assuming that since M1 5W-30 is approved for use in Corvette engines, and M1 advertises it on their racing page, it might be better at handling high heat than SuperTech. I think there is like a $6 difference between them. Don't buy the MOS2 and you more than made up for the price difference. Anything against my advice?
No - M1 certainly is a great oil and a case of it at Costco is about $35 or less on sale...hardly enough of a cost difference to even concern yourself with a few times a year. I vote go nuts...spend the $6 on the MoS2 AND go with M1....a great combo for any Hemi! Just forgo that one mocafrappawhatever at Starbucks one day and your'e there!

tungsten disulfide, similar to MoS2

The yummy friction modifier in Liquimoly Molgyen that's what!

5hzpdp.jpg

I'm sold:

I have used it in my Sportwagen 3 changes including a track weekend. Seemed to shear more than the Leichtlauf and on-par with M1 0W40 and few other common Euro oils I've tried.

Predator blood! You get a UV light with it in the kits I buy from FCP Euro.
20200505_064200.jpg

I have used it in my Sportwagen 3 changes including a track weekend. Seemed to shear more than the Leichtlauf and on-par with M1 0W40 and few other common Euro oils I've tried.

Predator blood! You get a UV light with it in the kits I buy from FCP Euro.
View attachment 65330

Pretty cool!

Wait, M1 0W-40 shears? So how is that they use it in the Porsche Cup then on the track, where engines are pushed to their limits?

Pretty cool!

Wait, M1 0W-40 shears? So how is that they use it in the Porsche Cup then on the track, where engines are pushed to their limits?
On my car, my engine, my modifications, all of my oils show about a 10-20% loss in 100C viscosity at the end of an OCI vs. the VOAs for the same oils that I've done. Likely some of that is fuel b/c Blackstone doesn't test for it specifically and some of that is that I run ethanol blends. In fact, I got more with M1 than any other oil I've used/my data set. Who knows that that means and I'm not saying there is anything wrong with any oils I've used, but I've never had any oil stay in the 40W grade over a change in my Sportwagen. I drive it hard and it's modified so more than stock boost etc.

When the analysis is done by Blackstone there is no way to attribute a viscosity deviation between mechanical shear and fuel dilution. A lot of what is called "shear" may very well be fuel dilution instead and that isn't going to be appreciably different between any brand of oil.

On my car, my engine, my modifications, all of my oils show about a 10-20% loss in 100C viscosity at the end of an OCI vs. the VOAs for the same oils that I've done. Likely some of that is fuel b/c Blackstone doesn't test for it specifically and some of that is that I run ethanol blends. In fact, I got more with M1 than any other oil I've used/my data set. Who knows that that means and I'm not saying there is anything wrong with any oils I've used, but I've never had any oil stay in the 40W grade over a change in my Sportwagen. I drive it hard and it's modified so more than stock boost etc.
Have you tried going above W40? Say, something like W50? Maybe Mobil 1 5W-50? Or would that be too much of a change in viscosity?

When the analysis is done by Blackstone there is no way to attribute a viscosity deviation between mechanical shear and fuel dilution. A lot of what is called "shear" may very well be fuel dilution instead and that isn't going to be appreciably different between any brand of oil.
I see it's used here and on other forums, but there are other options for oil analysis. I read a bit about oil analysis and it's a tool that should be used to ascertain the state and quality of the motor oil that you are using over several change intervals so that a trend can be established.

Have you tried going above W40? Say, something like W50? Maybe Mobil 1 5W-50? Or would that be too much of a change in viscosity?

I see it's used here and on other forums, but there are other options for oil analysis. I read a bit about oil analysis and it's a tool that should be used to ascertain the state and quality of the motor oil that you are using over several change intervals so that a trend can be established.
Not yet, yes, the M1 5W50 could work and they even make Molygen in that viscosity. I'm not too concerned with it TBH as it is likely fuel-related. I use the UOAs for trends mainly on wear metals and if you look at my dataset, they all basically do the same thing.

Back