Liqui Moly Ceratec

Just speaking from experience, no worries, to each their own. I do use LiquiMoly Engine Flush lately thou, works very well and takes less shelve space.
There is quite a bit of info around this site that support that adding ATF doesn't act as a flush b/c modern ATF has less detergents than modern motor oil - seems to be a left-over from a long time ago that just persisted on. Have a look at HPL's Engine Cleaner product which would be a better way to go.

Last edited:
This is important man...keep it top of mind. First we got the Mexican Pizza back...now the Enchirito...could we also see a return of the Bell Beefer?
I would just sell for something simple like the double decker taco. Have them remove the beans and put in nacho cheese. Then put the beans in after the meat before the lettuce and cheese and tomato. Like supreme? They add sour cream but I would have them substitute it for guacamole as having GERD can have some very uncomfortable consequences

Did oil change on daughter's '08 Acura CSX on Sat, used LM Engine Flush before dumping old oil and Ceratec when adding new oil, engine sounded very happy after that.
So this LM flush is the cat's meow eh? Seems to be what all the rave is about. I'm still using Lubegard Flush,Gumout Multitude, or HPL EC30.

So this LM flush is the cat's meow eh? Seems to be what all the rave is about. I'm still using Lubegard Flush,Gumout Multitude, or HPL EC30.
Dunno about the animal sounds it makes but I got LM Flush on high recommendation from trusted person who never benefited from my purchase; and in fact has no idea I did this. So far it didn't disappoint while I didn't open valve cover or gone with borescope before and after. I did try the flush without and with Ceratec, same car but two conseq oil changes with 4k miles in between, flush worked without Ceratec dumping dirtier than usual oil and smoothing engine out considerably; then second flush followed by Ceratec treatment this time made engine even more happy. I liked the results thus shared.

The original Dexron(B) contained sperm whale oil, which is has a tendency to coat internals of transmissions and has a high iodine value. Adding that to engine oil likely would have had a strong cleaning effect.

I suspect that's where the myth originated. Starting with DexronII the sperm whale oil was gone though, not because of performance issues but because of them being endangered species and the use becoming illegal.

The original Dexron(B) contained sperm whale oil, which is has a tendency to coat internals of transmissions and has a high iodine value. Adding that to engine oil likely would have had a strong cleaning effect.

I suspect that's where the myth originated. Starting with DexronII the sperm whale oil was gone though, not because of performance issues but because of them being endangered species and the use becoming illegal.
Sperm oil is an ester with clinging and cleaning properties. Good news for the whales and bad news for those who can't keep up with the past 45 years, current transmission fluids don't have the magic properties of whale oil.

I don't remember a Dex B, was it short-lived? In the early 70s, I remember ATF Type A & Type F, then Dexron Type A showed up, IIRC. Type F was for Ford, and Type A for everything else.........

Ya, 1972-73 was when I worked at a Gulf station before they pulled out of western states in Jan. '74. We never carried Dex B, but I do remember Dexron II, not sure if we carried it, tho.

DexronII(c) contained jojoba oil, another ester. So that would have worked as a cleaner aswell
Jojoba oil is about as close as you can get chemically to sperm oil, from what I read. It's recommended for old clock repair in place of the sperm oil traditionally used.
Yeah, jojoba is apparently a super clinger and cleaner. I use it on hinges, in homemade bore cleaner, and such.

Jojoba oil is about as close as you can get chemically to sperm oil, from what I read. It's recommended for old clock repair in place of the sperm oil traditionally used.
Yeah, jojoba is apparently a super clinger and cleaner. I use it on hinges, in homemade bore cleaner, and such.
Jojoba is mostly not an oil correct? They do taste pretty good if you catch them at the right time

Interesting thread, especially the first picture from The Critic

I have added Ceretec to a Smart For Four eith the 0.9 litre petrol turbo Renault engine and my Merc S350d with the 3.0 v6 diesel engine.

It didn't change the appearance of the oil in any way.

Already go a bottle to go into the BMW 745Le, which has a 3.0 straight six petrol turbo engine

Interesting thread, especially the first picture from The Critic

I have added Ceretec to a Smart For Four eith the 0.9 litre petrol turbo Renault engine and my Merc S350d with the 3.0 v6 diesel engine.

It didn't change the appearance of the oil in any way.

Already go a bottle to go into the BMW 745Le, which has a 3.0 straight six petrol turbo engine
How couldn't it change the color? It turns it to an almost coffee looking color!

Back