Liqui Moly Ceratec

How about wet belts... and how about running car only during weekends...
The reasons why I got molygen.
Molygen isn't anything special. Just another Group III oil, with some Moly, a dash of Boron, and some amount Tungsten Disulphide as an AW additive.

Over on a MB forum... a CSB moment:

Emailed them about running it and asking the question about adding other additives and their response was they don't recommend running it at all in our cars and pointed to running Hi Tech with Ceratec as the best option for us, thought it was interesting.

Our Molygen New Generation motor oils contain already an additional additive formulation for extra wear protection. The formulation is well balanced and works perfect, so we don´t recommend to add any further friction modifier into our Molygen New Generation oils in order to avoid bringing the formulation out of balance.

Further our MOLYGEN New Generation motor oils are mainly designed and developed for the latest generation of american and asian gasoline fired engines and have no european motor oil classification (ACEA) or OEM approval (the exception is the Molygen New Generation SAE 5W-40 which at least has a recommendation - no approval! - for various european engines).
So our Molygen New Generation motor oils are perfectly suited for all vehicles where no OEM approval is existing and API or ILSAC performance specification is mandatory.

But for nearly all european engines there is a given OEM in-house motor oil specification which we highly recommend to use only OEM approved motor oils for. Our Leichtlauf High Tech SAE 5W-40 is Mercedes-Benz factory approved for your engine (MB 229.5), so we highly recommend you to use this oil - it´s the first choice for you.

If you want to further increase the engine´s performance and generate extra wear protection we recommend you to add our proven Cera Tec into the motor oil. Cera Tec is a high performance additive that works with a chemical agent (for extra wear protection) and a solid lubricant (ceramic) for friction reduction. It has proven itself worldwide and will protect your engine even under extreme operating conditions. The ideal dosage of Cera Tec is around 6-7% of the total motor oil volume.

So the combination of the OEM approved Leichtlauf High Tech SAE 5W-40 and the power of Cera Tec is currently the best possible package for your engine !We also recommend you the following products to prevent excessive wear and improve the performance of your vehicle:

Just used a can in our Atlas. Been 20K/2.5 years since I last used it. Looks like coffee with creamer :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

7s9o5u.jpg

It settles out if not used for a while. I drained my trans oil on the Accent that had some added to it. After a couple months the Ceratec was all on the bottom of the jug.

I use it on both my cars transmissions.

It settles out if not used for a while. I drained my trans oil on the Accent that had some added to it. After a couple months the Ceratec was all on the bottom of the jug.

I use it on both my cars transmissions.
Manual or auto? As far as I understand this is for engine oil only.

I was first introduced to this and used it on my then new 2016 BMW 328i 6MT. That was BMWs first modern attempt at a turbo 4 popper so that poor N20 engine needed all of the help and smoothing it could get. I did experiment with a lot of mods on that car - tune, downpipes, intercoolers, etc - and ran it at VIR several times and a full weekend at Tail of the Dragon. As many have alluded, it does quiet down some of the noisier engines at idle and I figured it couldn't hurt; I used it every odd 5K OCI.

I'd like to credit my Atlas's 1,000 mile trouble-free round-trip to Hilton Head SC for family vacation getting an excellent ~23 mpg fully loaded with roof box to...Liquimoly Ceratec, DI Jectron,
and Leichtlauf High Tech 5W40.

Your friend in Liquimoly,

TiGeo

Last edited:
I might try some of this ceratec someday, but oil costs enough without adding an extra $30 or so

It's good for 30K mi per LM so keep that in mind...
Wasn't that debunked few years back. Basically it goes away after an oil change as per the old email with LM. I think that was like 2014 time frame, the time before everyone started freaking out about MOS2 falling out of suspension. Yes I know that this is about ceratec

Wasn't that debunked few years back. Basically it goes away after an oil change as per the old email with LM. I think that was like 2014 time frame, the time before everyone started freaking out about MOS2 falling out of suspension. Yes I know that this is about ceratec
Not seen that. As per LM the solid portion is out when you change the oil and the chemical part is good for 30K. Just repeating what LM advertises. Lm says you can add MoS2 between uses for the solid friction modifier.

• Haha
Reactions: hrv
Would all the extra cleaners in HPL wipe out the Ceratec if you had done it recently and then swapped to a full HPL use? What about same question for M0S2?
I don't believe that's how that works. MoS2 is a solid so it's only working when it's in...after drain it's gone. Ceratec has a solid as well but also a chemical...I really don't think the esters in the HPL oil remove things like this...

Why not shoot them a PM and ask.
I'll have to do that. I don't know if my wallet is up for full switches to HPL but my addictions always are. If I fall of the additive wagon there's always the Ceratec, M0S2, BioTech and others.

I know, don't mix chemistries, don't waste my money. I've done worse but admitting I have issues is the first step.

My current 3 step addiction treatment plan after 1-2 OCI with EC30 in the cars will probably be 1qt of an HPL with a shelf oil M1/PP. Then maybe go from there. You know like an entry level drug. Maybe some edibles (PCMO), followed by a Hookah (PPCMO) and then some fentanyl laced heroine (PPPCMO).

Well...because some owners of the Ford Mustang with the 5.0 Coyote engine use it to quiet their "typewriter" or "BBQ" tick....some add it along with an increase in oil viscosity from 5W20 to 5W30.
Pray tell, how does pouring something that’s as thin as a 5w20 @68* thicken a 20 grade oil into a 30 grade oil at operating temperatures?

Back