Liqui Moly Ceratec

Tigeo should consider becoming a liqui moly salesman
IMG_20231016_072343766.jpg
Going in the next oil change. If I get 1 more mpg, it pays for itself over a 3500 mile oci (saves about $60 in fuel) so I went and bought some

He was saying if he gets 1mpg improvement then he breaks even with the $60 he paid.
I like Ceratec too, it actually stopped very slow oil leak (couple drops a day) on wife's car as a side effect as well... lol

Tigeo should consider becoming a liqui moly salesman
View attachment 183699
Going in the next oil change. If I get 1 more mpg, it pays for itself over a 3500 mile oci (saves about $60 in fuel) so I went and bought some
I read to use it every other change. I did for a while but was putting a lot of miles on. Should go back to it seeing as I hardly drive it any more.

I read to use it every other change. I did for a while but was putting a lot of miles on. Should go back to it seeing as I hardly drive it any more.
Every 30K miles per LM. You can run a can of MoS2 each change over that interval as well per LM if you are into the solid friction modifiers.

Last edited:
PMFJI; was out cruising the internet and ended up on BITOG.

I have an '07 Porsche Cayman S w/130K mi 6 spd that I've driven 'spirited' in the last decade I've owned it (second owner).

I started to have an oil consumption issue over time to the point where I was burning a quart approx every 500 miles. According to Porsche, that's 'within limits' (1.5l/1000km is acceptable to Porsche; roughly 1qt per 392 miles). I hunted around for various solutions and ended up trying Ceratec a couple of oil changes ago. I only added one container; my car holds 9 quarts of oil.

My oil consumption dropped from 1qt per ~500 miles to 1qt per ~1500 miles. So I'm saving 4 quarts of oil per oil change which paid for the Ceratec in one cycle.

My car is not a daily driver. I drive it two to three times a week; about 7K miles/yr. I change my own oil. I did not notice any separation of the fluids; it looked like the picture in the first post of this thread except darker (dirtier). And was uniform in color.
For those that are harping on how the product separates when the oil sits, yes. That's what fluids of different densities do over time. But when one starts their engine and the fluids get mixed in the engine with the added heat, the fluids mix together uniformly. Pretty basic stuff - I'm baffled that separation of fluids of different densities over time confuses some here.

Would I add this to a car that's got no issues? No; I don't see a big benefit. But my car has been consuming a lot of oil. In my case, I'll put in a can of Ceratec every other/third oil change. It's cheaper than having high oil consumption and many times cheaper than an engine overhaul.

Now, from my experience, I'd rather do 1/2 Ceratec bottle initially and add the remaining 1/2 bottle after say 15k miles or 2 or 3 or 4 oil changes....
First oil change after I put Ceratec in had a bunch of it come out with old oil at 4k miles OCI.

I have an '07 Porsche Cayman S w/130K mi 6 spd that I've driven 'spirited' in the last decade I've owned it (second owner).

I started to have an oil consumption issue over time to the point where I was burning a quart approx every 500 miles. According to Porsche, that's 'within limits' (1.5l/1000km is acceptable to Porsche; roughly 1qt per 392 miles). I hunted around for various solutions and ended up trying Ceratec a couple of oil changes ago. I only added one container; my car holds 9 quarts of oil.

My oil consumption dropped from 1qt per ~500 miles to 1qt per ~1500 miles. So I'm saving 4 quarts of oil per oil change which paid for the Ceratec in one cycle.

My car is not a daily driver. I drive it two to three times a week; about 7K miles/yr. I change my own oil. I did not notice any separation of the fluids; it looked like the picture in the first post of this thread except darker (dirtier). And was uniform in color.
For those that are harping on how the product separates when the oil sits, yes. That's what fluids of different densities do over time. But when one starts their engine and the fluids get mixed in the engine with the added heat, the fluids mix together uniformly. Pretty basic stuff - I'm baffled that separation of fluids of different densities over time confuses some here.

Would I add this to a car that's got no issues? No; I don't see a big benefit. But my car has been consuming a lot of oil. In my case, I'll put in a can of Ceratec every other/third oil change. It's cheaper than having high oil consumption and many times cheaper than an engine overhaul.
Be prepared as a first-time poster to be bullied/shamed/passive-agressive commenets/told you are crazy about your experience which is "not permitted" here and just related to something else by the forum Gods.....likely just a random stroke of luck, I'd just use M1 0W40 and call it a day :ROFLMAO:

I bet that if you borescope each cylinder You will find some visible scoring - this is where your oil consumption was coming from.
Even though visible, those scratches are filled in with the "glass-like" substance/layer that Ceratec seem to form.
I did have luck on a couple of my customer's scored engines using Ceratec, per their request, and it does seem to work and hold over time.
I have to admit, I was sceptical, but it worked and saved them expensive engine out rebuilt.
Also, if used as directed and the used oil is drained with the engine properly warm/just driven, there does not seem to be visible separation or excessive product leftover. It seems to be a good product.

Be prepared as a first-time poster to be bullied/shamed/passive-agressive commenets/told you are crazy about your experience which is "not permitted" here and just related to something else by the forum Gods.....likely just a random stroke of luck, I'd just use M1 0W40 and call it a day :ROFLMAO:
You’re probably right, because attributing improvements solely to a single additive, that the additive manufacturer doesn’t even claim are possible, does kinda border on crazy talk when you think about it. Almost like claiming Marvel Mystery Oil “fixed” ignition problems.

At least your personal usage claims regarding Ceratec are inline with what LM claims… 👍🏻

Saw somewhere they had a Porsche SUV and used both Motor Oil Saver and Ceratec on a video. It's the two products I like, nothing else.

Now, from my experience, I'd rather do 1/2 Ceratec bottle initially and add the remaining 1/2 bottle after say 15k miles or 2 or 3 or 4 oil changes....
First oil change after I put Ceratec in had a bunch of it come out with old oil at 4k miles OCI.
Well, I would follow the instructions like they say. Second, if you added only half it would probably work if you had a car that took 2-3 qts only. I would say it's a possibility that you need the whole can to get enough to cover all the internals that are moving,touching,etc. How can a review by positive or negative if you don't give it it's fair shot.

Well, I would follow the instructions like they say. Second, if you added only half it would probably work if you had a car that took 2-3 qts only. I would say it's a possibility that you need the whole can to get enough to cover all the internals that are moving,touching,etc. How can a review by positive or negative if you don't give it it's fair shot.
I ran 2 bottles in my 9qt W8!

I have used both Ceratec (in my Mercedes) and Molygen Motor Protect which is not available in the US market but available through online retailers in my Mazda. I really like their Tungsten based Molygen MP.

reduces friction
Yes, but he's saying, I think, that I've had personal useage claims to that effect...I've only ever said 1) I use/have used it and 2) what LM says it does. I've never that I know of said that it reduced my friction or that I gained any tangible benefit from using it or pushed that agenda with anyone here. A bit of a difference there in this convo where folks make claims about things. There is some TUV testing doc here posted somewhere that shows the testing that it did indeed reduce friction in whatever test was used which, sure but as is beaten on over and over here...does it actually make a real-world difference in your vehicle's engine? But then that leads us back down the sprial that is BITOG arguments about boutique oils vs. normal brands, brand X vs. Y, or visocity A vs. B w/r to actual improvements etc. by using one vs. another....which of course...not a single person here has any actual evidence that supports their decisions b/c it's all feeling/emotion based at it's core with some tomfoolery of explanations about specification 1 or 2 being the reason they use it so BITOG should close, and just have a home page that says "use whatever you want, it's all the same" which is what Blackstone labs has stated hahahaha

Last edited:
Yes, but he's saying, I think, that I've had personal useage claims to that effect...I've only ever said 1) I use/have used it and 2) what LM says it does. I've never that I know of said that it reduced my friction or that I gained any tangible benefit from using it or pushed that agenda with anyone here. A bit of a difference there in this convo where folks make claims about things. There is some TUV testing doc here posted somewhere that shows the testing that it did indeed reduce friction in whatever test was used which, sure but as is beaten on over and over here...does it actually make a real-world difference in your vehicle's engine? But then that leads us back down the sprial that is BITOG arguments about boutique oils vs. normal brands, brand X vs. Y, or visocity A vs. B w/r to actual improvements etc. by using one vs. another....which of course...not a single person here has any actual evidence that supports their decisions b/c it's all feeling/emotion based at it's core with some tomfoolery of explanations about specification 1 or 2 being the reason they use it so BITOG should close, and just have a home page that says "use whatever you want, it's all the same" which is what Blackstone labs has stated hahahaha
i think i will use it, just for fun 😁

Back