Liqui Moly Ceratec

I added Liqui Moly Ceratec to my parents’ 2010 Altima at its last oil change — which took place 13 months and 940 miles ago.

When I originally poured the bottle into the crankcase, I noticed the “milkshake” like appearance of the product. Sure enough, this caused the entire fill of oil to look like the engine had a blown head gasket. 😳

68B94583-C0ED-4A2E-941D-D5A5589375FB.jpeg

According to Ceratec, the inside of your engine should be coated for 30k, so you got 29.06k left with that ceramic protection. :cool:
On a serious note, I guess that car is a short tripper (based on time vs miles in service), so it is a very good sign to see Ceratec still being mixed with the oil, and not just sitting at the bottom of the oil pan. Hope it does what it is advertised to do! Pretty sure the engine will outlive anywhere between 1 to 15 CVTs that are connected to it... (sorry, had to...)

Last edited:
Well...because some owners of the Ford Mustang with the 5.0 Coyote engine use it to quiet their "typewriter" or "BBQ" tick....some add it along with an increase in oil viscosity from 5W20 to 5W30.

Opps...bad punctuation (and a misspelling - hexagonal) and of course this site doesn't let you go back and edit after some time. W8 Passat, Atlas...haha. Here's my W8.
View attachment 52142View attachment 52143
Man, I was quite intrigued. A heck of swap that would be! Probably a loss in power levels, compared to a modern VW V6, but that distinctive W8 sound would be worth it. I'm sure the torque would play well in the big Atlas too... Sweet Passat, always wanted one of those, but never have one within a 2hr radius that is not on "it's last leg".

Man, I was quite intrigued. A heck of swap that would be! Probably a loss in power levels, compared to a modern VW V6, but that distinctive W8 sound would be worth it. I'm sure the torque would play well in the big Atlas too... Sweet Passat, always wanted one of those, but never have one within a 2hr radius that is not on "it's last leg".
The 4.0 W8 has almost the same power levels as the 3.6 VR6 in the Atlas.

I added Liqui Moly Ceratec to my parents’ 2010 Altima at its last oil change — which took place 13 months and 940 miles ago.

When I originally poured the bottle into the crankcase, I noticed the “milkshake” like appearance of the product. Sure enough, this caused the entire fill of oil to look like the engine had a blown head gasket. 😳

View attachment 51898
Looks like something you would see at Starbucks , but a lot more expensive.

I've used Ceratec once, it was interesting what it did to the funnel, it reminded me of what Rainx looked like when rain ran off the windshield and I didn't need the wipers.

I've used Ceratec once, it was interesting what it did to the funnel, it reminded me of what Rainx looked like when rain ran off the windshield and I didn't need the wipers.
Ya, it looks like it doesn't thoroughly mix with oil. The dipstick shows it's mixed. I used a measuring cup to add another half bottle for a 6 quart oil capacity. I bought 3 bottles for (2) six quart applications, I was going to just add the extra 2oz, but half the bottle is 5oz, and I didn't want to keep the leftover that long. I put oil in the measuring cup and swirled it around, but the straight Ceratec stuck to the cup. I used a spoon to stir it, but still didn't get it all. Seems it would be better to pre-mix (shake) it in a half full quart oil bottle, then rinse it out several times with oil. I put a quart or so of oil in the engine before pouring the first can it, so hopefully it will mix well.

When cleaning the measuring cup with Oil Eater, it "ate" the oil, but the Ceratec seemed to stay insolvent.

Back