Lets talk about new vehicles

That is funny and true! They can also cover the rust holes.

And a Conservative Silverado (or F150 or Ram) owner owner must apply at least three.

1) Conservative Voted For

2) Protected by ( insert gun manufacturer here)

3) Gadsden Flag.
The 300 has been replaced by the Ram, but best I can do is #3. No stickers on the Ram, blends in with every other granite crystal ram on the road 😉
A464E207-D349-4BEF-AC30-8A5339DD2A38.jpeg

I forgot the nasty little kid urinating on the ( insert other brand truck )

I don't get flying a large National Flag, all tattered on a pole in the bed of the truck.
That is lack of respect for the Flag, IMO.

That is funny and true! They can also cover the rust holes.

And a Conservative Silverado (or F150 or Ram) owner owner must apply at least three.

1) Conservative Voted For

2) Protected by ( insert gun manufacturer here)

3) Gadsden Flag.

Well, hmm, as a Tacoma owner that kinda leaves me at crossroads for stickers. I guess an LGBTQ sticker? :ROFLMAO:

Ok, that might land me in BITOG jail, but it's a joke...

So wife wants new car this weekend. Needs to be AWD and have roof rails to put her kayak up also need to be under 25K out the door before trade.

this is my short list in - no order of preference:

a) Subaru Crosstrek

b) Nissan Rogue Sport

c) Subaru Forester

d) Mazda CX30

and coming up, way back:

Jeep Renegade

Ideas?

Arco...A only because you had good luck and great resale and possibly other incentives on the trade like loyalty money etc.
Thats what the wife says. Now she has to decide if she wants to go 6 speed or CVT.
She may be spoiled by the automatic - her first automatic in 45 years of driving !
With Android Auto she could swing it. Then her WAYZ app would be on the main center stack LCD

I can get a Forester for same money. Bigger engine 30 more HP.
Dealer has over 65 foresters and only 17 crosstreks.
Eveyone is buying crosstrek instead.

So wife wants new car this weekend. Needs to be AWD and have roof rails to put her kayak up also need to be under 25K out the door before trade.

this is my short list in - no order of preference:

a) Subaru Crosstrek

b) Nissan Rogue Sport

c) Subaru Forester

d) Mazda CX30

and coming up, way back:

Jeep Renegade

Ideas?
Buy a Golf Alltrack a year ago, if you can time travel.

@ARCOgraphite
Foresters here bring $3k more here
trim to trim...Weird
That would be a Base forester vs Premium Crosstrek. So not trim to trim.
The Base Forester I'm considering has a Roof Rail and Aluminum wheel package only.

I just don't like the non leather wrapped tiller. - Can they make base wheels any slipperier or uncomfortable
I would prefer a mid 60's American Iron, skinny, shiny ABS steering wheel - you could get a grip on those!

Proper ergonomics - not designed by some 20 something green grad with no knowledge other than Solidworks

I have prostituted myself to the lowest bidder and did unspeakable things to obtain the ultimate
long range road cruiser. Obviously I have failed and need your help.

What I require............

* Great seats for a bad back and I do not like tiny bottoms in my rides but- never mind... ; )
* Roomy- I hate when they put you in a cubicle like a Ford Taurus
* No Fords- I hate their seats
* No pickups- AWD or FWD fine- CVT is okay
* Very quiet with minimal road noise
* If hwy mpg is below 25 mpg- no thanks- The more the better- MORE!
* Hybrid ok
* Don't need a prestige brand- been there before
* Reliable- Sometimes I will put 3-4K miles on in one week
* Car-SUV-CUV okay
* Budget.. $25K-$55K NEW!

Thanks!
The Volkswagen Golf GTi is phenomenal. Quiet, fun, comfortable and quick. Plus, the DSG is like an automated manual; very direct with two pedals.
A new Mazda3 Turbo is also quite excellent. More quiet and comfortable than the GTi, but has loads more torqure to boot. 6-speed auto is stout.
Mazda have another "car" based on the new '3 called the CX30 (not to be confused with the cx3) that can be had with the same tasty 2.5L Turbo.

Here is a link to one. We just got a new, HUGE dealer somewhat near us,

2021 Forester Base

I know I'm not getting all the discounts shown, but I'm pretty sure I can get a good price
Being able to buy at or below MSRP on anything new is like a good deal now. Anything below is awesome deal. Cars are selling out. I've heard stories of rental companies buying out used car auctions because they can't get enough new cars. Some other stories of dealers not selling without a good trade in as part of the deal. Very strange times.

Being able to buy at or below MSRP on anything new is like a good deal now. Anything below is awesome deal. Cars are selling out. I've heard stories of rental companies buying out used car auctions because they can't get enough new cars. Some other stories of dealers not selling without a good trade in as part of the deal. Very strange times.
You will likely not get 10% off a current model and a mover, but expect at least 5% Even EDMUNDS say this is the transaction price. This varies by model and region. There are over 100 foresters within a 20 mile radius of me. The Crosstrek are a but more hard to find but there are at least 50
of those near me too. I'm in the Southern NH area. Also plenty of Mazda CX30 and Outlander sport and Ford Escape and Kia Sportage in all trims - base to loaded. I will say there is No Way a top of the range trim should be priced 10 grand more than the base with same engine ! Consumers are surely not value conscious - if conscious at all.

You will likely not get 10% off a current model and a mover, but expect at least 5% Even EDMUNDS say this is the transaction price. This varies by model and region. There are over 100 foresters within a 20 mile radius of me. The Crosstrek are a but more hard to find but there are at least 50
of those near me too. I'm in the Southern NH area. Also plenty of Mazda CX30 and Outlander sport and Ford Escape and Kia Sportage in all trims - base to loaded. I will say there is No Way a top of the range trim should be priced 10 grand more than the base with same engine ! Consumers are surely not value conscious - if conscious at all.
How much more for the base Outback in your area? For us it was worth the small premium over the Forester, but I haven't tried the latest versions of each. Basically the Outback has a trans cooler to give it some towing, and its based on the Legacy vs the Imprezza.
I see they have the Legacy for 22k! Features advanced trunkification!

Last edited:
Oh i will definitely pick SUV if your back isnt good. Its so much easier in and out for years.

Maybe Lexus RX350?

How much more for the base Outback in your area? For us it was worth the small premium over the Forester, but I haven't tried the latest versions of each. Basically the Outback has a trans cooler to give it some towing, and its based on the Legacy vs the Imprezza.
I see they have the Legacy for 22k! Features advanced trunkification!
Just got one. They were $2000 off the base no gimmicks, so we here 26k out the door before trade. Just no sunroof or heated mirrors and not great speakers on the base 4 speaker stereo. Rides and handles 100% better than the Crosstrek.
Wife and I actually liked our old gen crosstrek better than the new one. They are cheapening them - even the premium trim with cheap window switchgear and black plastic interior door latch levers instead of chrome. Looks and feels really cheap. Crosstrek Premium has Eyesight but no lane keeping assist Duh!. The Outback BASE has lane keeping assist and a much better infotainment head unit. Plus you get the 2.5L in the outback.
SIA in Lafayette is doing a good job with the Outbacks. They Also built Camry's there for Toyota for ten years.

We did not get a chance to drive a Forester so we cant compare. Wife cant get the Kayak on the Forester roof its so high. I would guess the Outback is much better than the forester for comfort.
It is one of the best "sedans" on the road for comfort and safety under 30K

Last edited:
Back