Lets talk about new vehicles

Subaru seems to have an irrationally rabid cult following. I don't get it either. But those are the folks paying good money for used Subies.
The EJ engines were grenades but most of the other stuff they made have been very good indeed. And they are actuall getting More comfortable and much quieter. Our Honda's and Toyota did not meet their reputation with reliability and failed under our harsh climate and usage early on.
Our Subaru have. used car values in general ( leaving out BMW and Merceders ) at least selling prices are crazy.

My Buddy just bought a used one owner BMW 750 iL "Hot V" twin turbo V8 AWD flagship "limo" for $11K,
I guess the market was unaware of the class action suit that has BMW on the hook for Maintenance and repair of these beasts past 100K miles..
So he is sitting pretty . Me I wouldn't touch the thing - but he likes high luxury for a bargain price.

The cheap carnival is still quite good. LX Seat Package for example is just lacking in the screen stuff. EX is probably the best trim level for about 4k more than LX seat package.

Snagging a Grand Cherokee would also be a very nice vehicle considering you don't need all the seats of a van.
Yeah no offence as I think I said low rent-just meaning base model
This is the only one they had. Probably lucky to have one. The Pala's and Tele's are out of stock too.
This is a huge dealer too. I think I'd go $4K up too

I just dropped off a parcel at UPS and this lady came up to my car and said sir... How do you like your Hybrid???
She was slick on cars and she showed me her old Saturn SUV with 347k miles on it. Them old Saturns look great with that plastic...

She was in the market and i swore she had been reading us on this thread. She was trying to pick me up but she looked like @JeffKeryk
which works great and looks good on him but I'm not after that when it comes to women. She was a good Ole soul and told me her hubby died last year and she has a 15yr old son and on and on.
I did give her my # as she asked if she could call me about cars...

No problem. She was actually shopping those listed here.

After I left I knew I knew her and she has delivered gift baskets to me etc.
I understand loss and some people just need kindness. We all do.

No offence at all, low rent/cheap/base models have their place. My Golf Alltrack is the "base" model but its still quite nice.

There's currently 15 more brand new C8 corvettes within 500 miles of my zip code than new Carnivals. This car shortage thing is getting old.

No offence at all, low rent/cheap/base models have their place. My Golf Alltrack is the "base" model but its still quite nice.

There's currently 15 more brand new C8 corvettes within 500 miles of my zip code than new Carnivals. This car shortage thing is getting old.
Funny I do like Ford Vinyl far better than their cloth. In 2015 I got a F350 with it and almost everyone thought it was leather.
it smelled and looked like it. It is coming back in a bunch of brands.
The only thing I dislike on base models is if the maker cheaps out and dumps the sound insulation. No deal.
And most do not use laminated glass until they get up into the higher trims.

I always get sucked into higher trims but you know for a everyday ride-base rules especially if you are actually going to use your car
like most do. I'm tired of worrying over cars.

I bought my mother a 2000 Elantra new in the day.
I got abused for it too by those who never put a penny up. Then they looked like sharks.
Today it's catfish but it was bullet proof and used hard. She sold it and the new owner was thrilled with it.

I have looked at some of the lesser talked about Hyundai's- new Santa Fe and Tucson- very nice rides.

I just dropped off a parcel at UPS and this lady came up to my car and said sir... How do you like your Hybrid???
She was slick on cars and she showed me her old Saturn SUV with 347k miles on it. Them old Saturns look great with that plastic...

She was in the market and i swore she had been reading us on this thread. She was trying to pick me up but she looked like @JeffKeryk
which works great and looks good on him but I'm not after that when it comes to women. She was a good Ole soul and told me her hubby died last year and she has a 15yr old son and on and on.
I did give her my # as she asked if she could call me about cars...

No problem. She was actually shopping those listed here.

After I left I knew I knew her and she has delivered gift baskets to me etc.
I understand loss and some people just need kindness. We all do.
Jeffkeryk might not rock you. What about AM?

Jeffkeryk might not rock you. What about AM?
I just hassle Jeff...he is a great bloke and a kind gentleman. @JeffKeryk. Top notch...you too Mani..

Now @AutoMechanic. Uh no way...lol.. Although I do look like his sister. 😃 I hear he is now infatuated with James Stockdale poetry. Oh the folly of misguided youth.

I just hassle Jeff...he is a great bloke and a kind gentleman. @JeffKeryk. Top notch...you too Mani..

Now @AutoMechanic. Uh no way...lol.. Although I do look like his sister. 😃 I hear he is now infatuated with James Stockdale poetry. Oh the folly of misguided youth.
People have called me a lotta things. Gentleman is not one of them.
Basically, I have 2 brain cells left and they argue...

All good.
Can I just get back to my oil change now? Sheesh.

I'd only use 10w60 on that Tesla so the rings seat.
Once I finish the oil change I'm gonna take the Model 3 out and blow the doors off all the expensive sports cars I can find.
It's a gorgeous day in Silicon Valley. Best place in the world.
Too dang many Teslas running around though. They are the new Corollas around here.

McManus99 just bought a BMW in a single page. Used even. Maybe you should give him your number. :p
I have no issue.
My reputation amongst family members is i went to Mcdonald's
And came back with a Challenger RT. I saw it and drove in and bought it. I have no issues pulling the trigger. This is...talking about new vehicles...remember???

I have no issue.
My reputation amongst family members is i went to Mcdonald's
And came back with a Challenger RT. I saw it and drove in and bought it. I have no issues pulling the trigger. This is...talking about new vehicles...remember???
Yes, but this thread didn’t start that way.....remember???

My BIL had one of the very first Saturn models and it was a great car. Later they just got swallowed into the GM machine and you might as well drive a Chevy at that point.

That same BIL just bought a 2021 Subaru Crosstrek. I warned him (we've had 6 Foresters at work it hasn't been great) but he was fixated on the Crosstrek ever since it came out. He is not a hard user of vehicles, dealer services them, I hope and expect it will be okay for him.

He was not issued a Bernie Sanders bumper sticker upon purchase, I thought that was standard Subaru equipment?
The 2 liter engine is solid. It the 2.5 that's been problematic. NO oil usage with the 2 litre whatsoever and it LOVES super thin Subaru 0w20 and balks at anything thicker - even a 5w20,

The Bernie Sanders political commentary is unwarranted.

Mach E locally are not selling.
Sitting on the lot still. Five of them.
Must have read the bad press.
What bad press? Youtube seems to be in love - but that's how that machine works - give love and get more goodies and invites to keep the channel rolling. I doubt the veracity of 90 % of what I experience on there.
My Buddy who is in his 70's was going for a Mach E but he ended up getting a Crosstrek and I was razzing him about it.
He even installed wiring in his garage in anticipation for a charger.
I was excited about the reports that it steers and handles well - purportedly better than a Mustang.
Good steering cars are hard to find these days.

What bad press? Youtube seems to be in love - but that's how that machine works - give love and get more goodies and invites to keep the channel rolling. I doubt the veracity of 90 % of what I experience on there.
My Buddy who is in his 70's was going for a Mach E but he ended up getting a Crosstrek and I was razzing him about it.
He even installed wiring in his garage in anticipation for a charger.
I was excited about the reports that it steers and handles well - purportedly better than a Mustang.
Good steering cars are hard to find these days.

The 2 liter engine is solid. It the 2.5 that's been problematic. NO oil usage with the 2 litre whatsoever and it LOVES super thin Subaru 0w20 and balks at anything thicker - even a 5w20,

The Bernie Sanders political commentary is unwarranted.
A liberal subaru owner must apply at least 6 stickers to the back.

Back