Lets talk about new vehicles

Jim you should come to my Mitsubishi dealership next time. We have just about all franchises at my dealership and I can get you a 10% discount lol. My service advisor drives a older Outlander when he doesn’t drive his old Mercedes and he likes it. 👍
You are the man...
Can we get a side of beef too?
Thanks.......!!!!!!

Jim you should come to my Mitsubishi dealership next time. We have just about all franchises at my dealership and I can get you a 10% discount lol. My service advisor drives a older Outlander when he doesn’t drive his old Mercedes and he likes it. 👍
Even my LE has the auto high beams.. I love them as I drive country roads. Very accurate too.
No push button...

Even my LE has the auto high beams.. I love them as I drive country roads. Very accurate too.
No push button...
Auto headlights is standard these days. Even the escape has those and it’s 13 years old lol. They don’t fail at all compared to the push buttons.

Not auto headlights but auto "high beams" yeah I had autos before you were born.
Oh yeah, my 2011 E-350 has the auto high beams. Wasn't an option til 2010, my 2008 doesn't have it. Works pretty well, you have to pay attention when they switch from low to high as it's a gradual switch doesn't just snap from low to high. Some street lights can make it think they're headlights when they're off in the distance and low on the horizon.

Oh yeah, my 2011 E-350 has the auto high beams. Wasn't an option til 2010, my 2008 doesn't have it. Works pretty well, you have to pay attention when they switch from low to high as it's a gradual switch doesn't just snap from low to high. Some street lights can make it think they're headlights when they're off in the distance and low on the horizon.
My 2020 F250 7.3 didn't have them
I think they have improved a bit as my 2021 are fast and on the money.

We rented a 2019 RAM Limited that had auto high beams. Quickly found out that large white road signs would trick it and it would switch to low then since it didn't see the sign would switch back to high. Repeat until past sign. Too sensitive I guess. No thanks.

We rented a 2019 RAM Limited that had auto high beams. Quickly found out that large white road signs would trick it and it would switch to low then since it didn't see the sign would switch back to high. Repeat until past sign. Too sensitive I guess. No thanks.
Yeah - I love my Jeep … but our Tahoe seems to have smarter sensor/logic. Having said that, the Jeep LED’s are good enough that I seldom need high beams …

My 1989 Town Car had auto high beams. The tech was clearly in its infancy back then but, properly adjusted (there was a sensitivity dial on the mirror) you didn't blind people most of the time :ROFLMAO:

My 1989 Town Car had auto high beams. The tech was clearly in its infancy back then but, properly adjusted (there was a sensitivity dial on the mirror) you didn't blind people most of the time :ROFLMAO:
My 67 Olds 88 had it as well
But it wasn't like we have today
Cruise control was a beep when you manually set a stop point on the speedo

New car break in heat... 😥😥

20210707_130842_HDR.jpg

I have prostituted myself to the lowest bidder and did unspeakable things to obtain the ultimate
long range road cruiser. Obviously I have failed and need your help.

What I require............

* Great seats for a bad back and I do not like tiny bottoms in my rides but- never mind... ; )
* Roomy- I hate when they put you in a cubicle like a Ford Taurus
* No Fords- I hate their seats
* No pickups- AWD or FWD fine- CVT is okay
* Very quiet with minimal road noise
* If hwy mpg is below 25 mpg- no thanks- The more the better- MORE!
* Hybrid ok
* Don't need a prestige brand- been there before
* Reliable- Sometimes I will put 3-4K miles on in one week
* Car-SUV-CUV okay
* Budget.. $25K-$55K NEW!

Thanks!
As much as I wouldn’t buy a dodge, the charger is one HECK of a highway cruiser.

I have prostituted myself to the lowest bidder and did unspeakable things to obtain the ultimate
long range road cruiser. Obviously I have failed and need your help.

What I require............

* Great seats for a bad back and I do not like tiny bottoms in my rides but- never mind... ; )
* Roomy- I hate when they put you in a cubicle like a Ford Taurus
* No Fords- I hate their seats
* No pickups- AWD or FWD fine- CVT is okay
* Very quiet with minimal road noise
* If hwy mpg is below 25 mpg- no thanks- The more the better- MORE!
* Hybrid ok
* Don't need a prestige brand- been there before
* Reliable- Sometimes I will put 3-4K miles on in one week
* Car-SUV-CUV okay
* Budget.. $25K-$55K NEW!

Thanks!
Camry LE. Relatively quiet, smooth, economical and cheap. I prefer the LE as I don't want a sunroof and needless extras.

Back