Lets talk about new vehicles

I don't understand the appeal of this vehicle.
The plug-in hybrid RAV4 Prime hides an 18.1-kWh battery pack, good for an EPA-estimated electric-only range of 42 miles. In our testing, we managed to drive for 32 miles on electricity alone, but that was on the highway; we would expect a longer driving range in the city. Toyota made its 6.6-kWh charger standard on both the Prime SE and Prime XSE, so charging time is just 2.5 hours when plugged into a 240-volt outlet. If only a 120-volt outlet is available, expect charging times to be about 12 hours.

Fuel Economy and Real-World MPG

The RAV4 Hybrid model is far more efficient than the unelectrified, gas-powered RAV4 with AWD. The EPA estimates the Hybrid will achieve 41 mpg city, 38 mpg highway, and 40 mpg combined, beating the regular RAV4 by 14 mpg, 5 mpg, and 11 mpg, respectively. When we tested the RAV4 Hybrid on our 200-mile highway fuel-economy route, it delivered 37 mpg, 1 mpg less than its EPA rating. The rugged-looking Woodland Edition Hybrid managed only 32 mpg on the same route, which is 3 mpg less than its EPA rating. The Prime plug-in hybrid earns an EPA combined rating of 38 mpg and 94 MPGe, and delivered 73 MPGe during our highway fuel-economy test. For more information about the RAV4 Hybrid's fuel economy, visit the EPA's website.

And it's 7.3 zero to 60mph. 32 miles on electricity alone. That covers (according to statistics) most trips people make.
What do you drive? Maybe it's your perspective.....

The plug-in hybrid RAV4 Prime hides an 18.1-kWh battery pack, good for an EPA-estimated electric-only range of 42 miles. In our testing, we managed to drive for 32 miles on electricity alone, but that was on the highway; we would expect a longer driving range in the city. Toyota made its 6.6-kWh charger standard on both the Prime SE and Prime XSE, so charging time is just 2.5 hours when plugged into a 240-volt outlet. If only a 120-volt outlet is available, expect charging times to be about 12 hours.

The RAV4 Hybrid model is far more efficient than the unelectrified, gas-powered RAV4 with AWD. The EPA estimates the Hybrid will achieve 41 mpg city, 38 mpg highway, and 40 mpg combined, beating the regular RAV4 by 14 mpg, 5 mpg, and 11 mpg, respectively. When we tested the RAV4 Hybrid on our 200-mile highway fuel-economy route, it delivered 37 mpg, 1 mpg less than its EPA rating. The rugged-looking Woodland Edition Hybrid managed only 32 mpg on the same route, which is 3 mpg less than its EPA rating. The Prime plug-in hybrid earns an EPA combined rating of 38 mpg and 94 MPGe, and delivered 73 MPGe during our highway fuel-economy test. For more information about the RAV4 Hybrid's fuel economy, visit the EPA's website.

And it's 7.3 zero to 60mph. 32 miles on electricity alone. That covers (according to statistics) most trips people make.
Yep, these sound pretty good to me, just kind of silly expensive at the moment. It's too bad ford can't do their PHEV's with AWD yet.

So the only appeal is MPG? If that were one's primary consideration, then I would think that there would be better MPG possible with other vehicles.

So the only appeal is MPG? If that were one's primary consideration, then I would think that there would be better MPG possible with other vehicles.
Again-it's over 30miles on battery alone. Since that's the majority of car owner's trips-thats very appealing whether you can understand it or not.

We got a 15 or 16 Sienna with 60k this week to replace the old 02 Caravan 140k. Wow just wow.. the Sienna is amazing. I think I’ve said it on here before. Not sure I’d want one of these as a family vehicle I’d have a hard time staying awake on long trips. It rides and does anything and everything better than even the 24 Terrain we rented. All of our vehicles right at 20.. we really need to upgrade such difference in comfort.

I sit on my recalls and get them done all at once. Most of them are stupid anyway. 😛

I currently have one because a sensor that tells me I have lost all my brake fluid MIGHT fail. I have never in 45 years of driving needed such a thing and couldn’t care less. But I will get it done eventually.

BB1nfheg.jpg

Anyone here considering a new 2025 Camry. I went and looked, plus sat in one. ROOMY
Could not drive as they were all sold. Not going to get involved in another low supply, buy right right now and not really get what your wanting scenario.

I got lucky and ducked that baby...thanks
I'm up to 7 recalls and 1 CSP not performed. Not doing any until the people having them done quit having problems after the recalls. Not having any issues so why risk it. By 2029 when Apophis approaches Earth, Farley might figure out how to make it all work right in the ones having issues. Question is, will it matter?

Last edited:
I'm up to 7 recalls and 1 CSP not performed. Not doing any until the people having them done quit having problems after the recalls. Not having any issues so why risk it. By 2029 when Apophis approaches Earth, Farley might figure out how to make it all work right in the ones having issues. Question is, will it matter?
I only have 2 minor ones and I'm not doing anything either. I've had no issues

Not buying it…

The number one VW dealer out of five in the area probably sells as many cars as the other 4 combined. Total snakes, just awful, a great place to send someone you don’t like. 😱

Back