Lets talk about Bourbon

Kirkland Brand Canadian Whiskey from Costco is pretty smooth.
I agree the Kirkland Canadian Whisky is pretty smooth, but it’s no bourbon. The taste profile just doesn’t do it for me when Old Forester 100 proof tastes better and you can usually find a 1.75 for the same price as the Kirkland.

We make bottles for many of the KY Bardstown/Louisville distilleries, so I’ve gotten many behind-the-scenes tours & tastings. While we don’t make Old Forester’s bottles, IMO they have the best overall product line. I don’t think there’s a bad taste profile at all!

Bourbon is a unique beverage for unique people- find the one that tastes best to you, and enjoy!

I agree the Kirkland Canadian Whisky is pretty smooth, but it’s no bourbon. The taste profile just doesn’t do it for me when Old Forester 100 proof tastes better and you can usually find a 1.75 for the same price as the Kirkland.

We make bottles for many of the KY Bardstown/Louisville distilleries, so I’ve gotten many behind-the-scenes tours & tastings. While we don’t make Old Forester’s bottles, IMO they have the best overall product line. I don’t think there’s a bad taste profile at all!

Bourbon is a unique beverage for unique people- find the one that tastes best to you, and enjoy!
I pretty much agree, Old Forrester makes some delicious bourbon. I have a 1910 and 1920 on my shelf. At first I liked the 1910 better, now the 1920 has kind of opened up or something, and I see what the hype is. Wild Turkey is another amazing distiller.

I think a lot people assume Tennessee whisky is a lower grade of alcohol for some reason and don’t try it. I prefer George Dickel over Jack Daniels personally.
But if your adding to your stock of whiskeys
I’d say try this one
I was in Tennessee last week, checked out the Jack Daniels distillery...pretty impressive. Finally got to see the process that disqualifies it from being considered a bourbon. Pretty interesting, and pretty impressive procedure. I like the mash bill of Jack Daniels, very sweet, little banana flavor to it. I’ll have to try George Dickel, I’m seeing it everywhere where I am nowadays. Tried a few different JD offerings when I was there...No. 7, Sinatra, Barrel Select, Barrle Select Barrel proof and their rye. Also picked up a bottle of their new JD Bonded 100 while I was there (I can’t get it in my area).

I was in Tennessee last week, checked out the Jack Daniels distillery...pretty impressive. Finally got to see the process that disqualifies it from being considered a bourbon. Pretty interesting, and pretty impressive procedure. I like the mash bill of Jack Daniels, very sweet, little banana flavor to it. I’ll have to try George Dickel, I’m seeing it everywhere where I am nowadays. Tried a few different JD offerings when I was there...No. 7, Sinatra, Barrel Select, Barrle Select Barrel proof and their rye. Also picked up a bottle of their new JD Bonded 100 while I was there (I can’t get it in my area).
Good deal
The process of making Tennessee Whiskey is a very different process of making whiskey
As a Tennessean
It’s a favorite of mine

I've been sipping this lately.
IMG_20230304_204416751.jpg

Good deal
The process of making Tennessee Whiskey is a very different process of making whiskey
As a Tennessean
It’s a favorite of mine
Here’s one to add to your bar shelf

Attachments

• 82BD16DA-5701-42D4-82CE-394FC7D76678.jpeg
    82BD16DA-5701-42D4-82CE-394FC7D76678.jpeg
    73 KB · Views: 4

Thanks, but I quit drinking.

I went to a friend's house on Saturday for a Scotch and Whiskey tasting. It took me a few hours but I got through all of these.
20230304_212737.jpg
20230304_212743.jpg
20230304_212757.jpg
20230304_212802.jpg
20230304_212806.jpg
20230304_212810.jpg

Very nice collection !
We all brought a bottle. I brought the Aberlour. I ended up heading to the store yesterday and picking up 2 bottles of that McKenzie. It was really good. I'm looking for that specific Booker's too. I found the Kilkerran which I also liked, but after the 2 bottles I got yesterday I need to hold off. I have a bottle of the Bunna too but I haven't opened it yet. The rest didn't really wow me. But I am an amateur.

We all brought a bottle. I brought the Aberlour. I ended up heading to the store yesterday and picking up 2 bottles of that McKenzie. It was really good. I'm looking for that specific Booker's too. I found the Kilkerran which I also liked, but after the 2 bottles I got yesterday I need to hold off. I have a bottle of the Bunna too but I haven't opened it yet. The rest didn't really wow me. But I am an amateur.
I had a bottle of Booker’s. Very good, but it’s very potent to say the least.

Just went by my local store. They have one bottle of Booker’s in stock. $150

Just went by my local store. They have one bottle of Booker’s in stock. $150
My local shoprite had 2 different Booker's but not this specific one. To be honest, I haven't really looked hard yet. I have to cool it with my liquor buying! I guess I could just ask my friend where the guy who brought it, got it from.

My local shoprite had 2 different Booker's but not this specific one. To be honest, I haven't really looked hard yet. I have to cool it with my liquor buying! I guess I could just ask my friend where the guy who brought it, got it from.
I understand I don’t drink it very often but I do like the look of the different bottles

I understand I don’t drink it very often but I do like the look of the different bottles
I don't drink american whiskey too often. I'm mostly a Scotch guy. If I could, I would probably drink Octomore all the time but due to its limited availablility AND price, just can't do it. But it is smokey as **** and quite potent itself. I'm always happy when I can find something that is reasonably prices and tasty. That's why I picked up the 2 bottles of the McKenzie. I think I piad $55 each. My regular scotch is Bruichladdich The Classic Laddie which I get for under $60, so I can't complain.

I don't drink american whiskey too often. I'm mostly a Scotch guy. If I could, I would probably drink Octomore all the time but due to its limited availablility AND price, just can't do it. But it is smokey as **** and quite potent itself. I'm always happy when I can find something that is reasonably prices and tasty. That's why I picked up the 2 bottles of the McKenzie. I think I piad $55 each. My regular scotch is Bruichladdich The Classic Laddie which I get for under $60, so I can't complain.
I’ve never acquired a taste for scotch. I prefer bourbon and Tennessee whiskey

Back