Lets talk about Bourbon

I just broke down and bought the 2022-2 and 2022-3. I need to cut my credit card up now!
If your like me and most men I know
You don’t treat yourself very often
Enjoy !!
It’s the little things in life that really turn out to be the big things in life that make you happy

I've been sipping this lately.
View attachment 143262
You join some famous company. Dewar's White Label was the favorite beverage of former Attorney General of the United States (and, later, federal prisoner) John Newton Mitchell in the late 1960s and early 1970s. (One suspects that his consumption of Dewar's was cut back during the 19 months that he was incarcerated in the Federal Prison Camp in Montgomery. Alabama.)

I agree the Kirkland Canadian Whisky is pretty smooth, but it’s no bourbon. The taste profile just doesn’t do it for me when Old Forester 100 proof tastes better and you can usually find a 1.75 for the same price as the Kirkland.

We make bottles for many of the KY Bardstown/Louisville distilleries, so I’ve gotten many behind-the-scenes tours & tastings. While we don’t make Old Forester’s bottles, IMO they have the best overall product line. I don’t think there’s a bad taste profile at all!

Bourbon is a unique beverage for unique people- find the one that tastes best to you, and enjoy!
I’ll say this, rhe Kirkland bourbon is pretty good for what it is. I’ll buy it again, it’s cheap enough for mixing, but can stand on its own.

I’ve bought a bottle of Four Roses Small Batch on sale at Costco a while ago. I ain’t mixing that with nothing but water or ice.

I’ll say this, rhe Kirkland bourbon is pretty good for what it is. I’ll buy it again, it’s cheap enough for mixing, but can stand on its own.

I’ve bought a bottle of Four Roses Small Batch on sale at Costco a while ago. I ain’t mixing that with nothing but water or ice.
I’ve never had Four Roses but it’s right on the highway just down the road from Jim Beam, and on the way to Bardstown where Heaven Hill, Sazerac, Willett’s, and a couple other bourbon distilleries are. Makers Mark is ~35 minutes south. I know it’s a pretty good brand; I just can’t justify the huge price without knowing if I like it. They need to have some half-pints or pints 😂

I’ve never had Four Roses but it’s right on the highway just down the road from Jim Beam, and on the way to Bardstown where Heaven Hill, Sazerac, Willett’s, and a couple other bourbon distilleries are. Makers Mark is ~35 minutes south. I know it’s a pretty good brand; I just can’t justify the huge price without knowing if I like it. They need to have some half-pints or pints 😂

I haven't found a Bourbon I didn't like yet. :ROFLMAO: I like some more than others but I always finish the bottle if I buy it. I figure worse case I'll get some coke. I haven't had to do that yet...

Just my $0.02

You join some famous company. Dewar's White Label was the favorite beverage of former Attorney General of the United States (and, later, federal prisoner) John Newton Mitchell in the late 1960s and early 1970s. (One suspects that his consumption of Dewar's was cut back during the 19 months that he was incarcerated in the Federal Prison Camp in Montgomery. Alabama.)
Oh! I'll try to stay un-incarcerated !!

Not a bourbon but I just bought a bottle of The Regeneration Project from Bruichladdich. It's a first for them Rye Whiskey.

Not a bourbon but I just bought a bottle of The Regeneration Project from Bruichladdich. It's a first for them Rye Whiskey.

I believe that would be whisky :)

Caribou Crossing I bought for reunion.

Was quite the hit. Found it for almost the same price. Little over 160.00 a bottle. Would like to try the 18 year Crown Royal soon too.

Attachments

• 20230325_222845.jpg
    20230325_222845.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 2
Got this from the gift shop at Yellowstone. Sure, I paid a little bit more than regular liquor store price, but it just seemed to make sense.

Bourbon isn’t bad, but I probably wouldn’t pick it again. I’ve still got a soft spot on my palate for the taste profile of Old Forester in any guise, except maybe the Statesman.

It’s a decent bourbon, distilled aged and bottled by Jim Beam. If you like Beam’s taste profile, this will probably be a hit for you!

E63A561A-DE87-4BE9-8D22-7AB9519F640D.jpeg

Got this from the gift shop at Yellowstone. Sure, I paid a little bit more than regular liquor store price, but it just seemed to make sense.

Bourbon isn’t bad, but I probably wouldn’t pick it again. I’ve still got a soft spot on my palate for the taste profile of Old Forester in any guise, except maybe the Statesman.

It’s a decent bourbon, distilled aged and bottled by Jim Beam. If you like Beam’s taste profile, this will probably be a hit for you!

View attachment 147204
Brother and I both tried that; just not our taste. I personally like Jim Beam Devils Cut

Brother and I both tried that; just not our taste. I personally like Jim Beam Devils Cut
You should spring for a bottle of Old Forester Prohibition Style. It’s salty, around $60, but it’s one of my absolute favorites.

For a more budget fantastic bourbon for the price, get Old Forester 100. It’s good enough to drink neat, on the rocks, or with a splash of water… plus it’s high enough proof if you mix it with Coke or make Manhattans it will still have more kick than a “regular” bourbon! Best of all, a 750 is usually only ~$21 or so, and 1.75s in the $30s!

Back