Lets talk about Bourbon

I go and post that I haven't seen a bottle of Eagle Rare in months...

Walk into the store this afternoon and grab the last one on the shelf.
My cousins husband owns a liquor store in Kentucky. I almost always snag a bottle. I had a place close by that only received two bottles. I definitely grabbed one.

I go and post that I haven't seen a bottle of Eagle Rare in months...

Walk into the store this afternoon and grab the last one on the shelf.
That and their flagship Buffalo Trace is exceptionally hard to find these days.

Not more than 4 years ago I’d find plenty of the Buffalo Trace in the massive 1.75 L bottles for $40 on sale.

Not bourbon but I was able to get myself a bottle of Octomore 10.4, 13.1, 2 of 13.2 and one 13.3. Love that peated ****.

Does a smoked old fashion match for this thread?
PXL_20230117_041515511.jpg
PXL_20230117_041524519.jpg

they received a fairly large batch of wild turkey rare breed at various lcbo stores in ontario. gonna make a road trip to get some for my nephew. i told my friend who live in sault ste marie to go grab some bottles before they are gone.

Bourbon is probably my favorite alcohol, with close seconds being spiced rum and vodka (preferred mixed). Bourbon on the rocks is fantastic. I have tried very expensive bourbons, but I find them to be not worth the remarkably higher pricetags.

My favorites:
Benchmark at $25 per 1.5L. Bonus, repurpose the plastic bottle, cut off the bottom, perfect oil funnel. Or can use it to fill with old oil to take to the recycler.
Evan Williams at $35 per 1.5L

Not bourbon, but I did order to bottles of Octomore 13.4 direct from the distillery yesterday. Can't wait to try. I do wish they would release something more like an 18yr Octomore or older. Maybe they have and I missed out (only got into it less than 3 years ago). But I would love to try some...

they received a fairly large batch of wild turkey rare breed at various lcbo stores in ontario. gonna make a road trip to get some for my nephew. i told my friend who live in sault ste marie to go grab some bottles before they are gone.
Where I am it’s readily available. And EXCELLENT. I would say it’s probably one of my favorites. I usually can get it for around $45.

All the Buffalo Trace products on the other hand are almost impossible to find where I am. And you’ll pay well above retail for them. I saw some Eagle Rare on the shelf a couple months ago, it was going for $50...which isn’t terrible nowadays. But I passed. I recently was offered a bottle of Blantons and Weller Antique. I chose the Weller, as I already have a Blantons (and don’t care for it). I payed $69 for the Weller, and I’ve heard it goes for around $130-$200 on the secondary market. So I feel good about that one.

Picked up a bottle of George Dickel 8 year old a few days ago
Has a unique taste
I’m starting to see their products everywhere right now. Their 8 year, 10 year, 12 year special release (or something).

No one seems to be buying them, as they just sit there on the shelves with dust on them.

I’ve watched reviews - people claim they have a Flintstone vitamin flavor in it - and some like it, some don’t. I’ve been tempted to try it...but my latest bourbon strategy is to only buy two things...really hard to get collectible stuff, and really cheap daily drinker stuff (Wild Turcky/Jim Beam/Low price rye stuff). And let’s face it, Wild Turkey 101 is excellent no matter how low price (in my opinion).

I’m starting to see their products everywhere right now. Their 8 year, 10 year, 12 year special release (or something).

No one seems to be buying them, as they just sit there on the shelves with dust on them.

I’ve watched reviews - people claim they have a Flintstone vitamin flavor in it - and some like it, some don’t. I’ve been tempted to try it...but my latest bourbon strategy is to only buy two things...really hard to get collectible stuff, and really cheap daily drinker stuff (Wild Turcky/Jim Beam/Low price rye stuff). And let’s face it, Wild Turkey 101 is excellent no matter how low price (in my opinion).
I think a lot people assume Tennessee whisky is a lower grade of alcohol for some reason and don’t try it. I prefer George Dickel over Jack Daniels personally.
But if your adding to your stock of whiskeys
I’d say try this one

Back