Legal violation by honda dealership?

Status
Not open for further replies.
>Everyone gets so worked up about things like this.
>Everyone is so uptight.

Of course you're technically correct, Winston. We're just railing against the institutionalized and systematic thieving which goes unpunished everywhere. In other words, we like to b!tch. It's also proven that just privately writing down your grievances has stress relieving effect. Venting. [Thinks about Festivus and the Airing of Grievances.]

(It's also useful as a warning to other customers of that stealership.)

Everyone gets so worked up about things like this. It is slimey, but you are not going to change the world. Hart did the right thing, called the dealer and they are willing to change out the oil and filter. In my experience, even slimey dealerships, mechanics etc. will repond to your complaints if you are reasonable. Get the oil changed and be done with it.

The stuff is not going to make your engine explode. It is black because it has graphite in it. So what. The graphite particles are probably too small to be trapped by your oil filter.

As far as future warranty problems, he has the reciept from the Honda dealer who put the stuff in. Acura will not deny a warranty claim because a Honda dealer put that stuff in.

Everyone is so uptight.

I just got KREX'd at my Honda dealer today too. Here's the kicker - I told them twice not to change the oil, period, and they didn't. So I get in the car after picking it up, and I see a "next service due" sticker 5000 miles past my current mileage stuck to my window. Little veins started popping out of my head, I pull the dipstick and... it's my old oil! So apparently they added two KREX items (presumably fuel treatment and graphite) without changing the oil. I can't wait to get the service manager on the phone tomorrow. I asked them to do a **** valve clearance adjustment and instead of doing that they check some other **** and dump in some valve-clearance-adjustment-in-a-bottle, KREX. I'm so ****** I could buy a VW!

Edit: The dealer was Hugh White Honda, Columbus Ohio. Screw them.

harthamm,

It's to late for the oil and filter change. If that dealer had poured RAW SUGAR into that motor, it wouldn't have been any worse.

[ January 21, 2006, 03:15 AM: Message edited by: GoldenRod ]

The oil and filter were changed without a hastle at the Honda dealership.
I know if I use them for something in the future that I am going to specifically state what I do and don't want.
VTEC01EX - I would lodge a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and possibly state attorney general. What they did to you goes way beyond the crap they pulled with me.

harthamm, it gets better. Today I pulled my car into the garage to fix all of the stuff that my dealer was too incompetent to take care of. I go to break the lugs on the front wheels so I could replace my brake pads, and I find a lug nut that looks like it's about a half inch farther out than the other three. Sure enough, it's on there locked solid - cross-threaded onto the stud. I was absolutely livid. I call up the service dept - oops, closed early! Supposed to be open till 6, decided to close at 2 today! Unbelievable. Luckily, I found a dealership in town who took me without an appointment (on a busy Sat afternoon). They replaced the whole hub in about an hour and sent the bill to the dealership that screwed it up. I think I know who I'm going to from now on. I can't wait to get the first dealer on the phone on Monday, that's all I can say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back