Legal violation by honda dealership?

Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry but when you ask for an oil change. unless they have it up on the board that they use an additive like this with their oil changes. then they have done something illegal. they cant put nothing in or on your vehicle without first telling you about it. now we all know an oil change is oil and filter. I have seen a pic of this stuff on a dip stick and it looks nasty.

I also heard honda has the best techs. but I can say at one dealership where I live at. my mom knew a guy who was their top mechanic. he was told by the service manager to not replace the parts on the vehicles. so the owners would have to bring it back in later on. so they xould charge the owners again for the same work.

he told the service manager that he could not do this. they guy was liek what are you going to do. start on your own buisness. he said not a bad idea. the guy laughed at him saying well everyone knows we are the best after all we are honda. well they guy started his own buisness and took all of that service department best mechanics with him. now he has more buisness than he can handle. the dealerships service dept is almost non existant.

so not even Honda is holier than thou. Another myth started by people thinking honda cares about them. gotta love marketing.

I havent seen a service dept where you could see whats going on with your vehicle in a long time.

DJ: I assume your Honda dealers are like most others, and ours in the UK: a completely separate business to Honda. Honda only lend them the "front" and the letter heads. Maybe a dealer will get the franchise pulled, if too delinquent, but it takes a lot of bad press to get the corporations interested in anything other than sales.....

Thanks everyone for the input.
Unfortunately at every place I have taken my car I have not been allowed near it during the work from a liability standpoint.

I did speak with the service people at Honda. They were pleasant and are willing to change out my oil and filter. I'm sure they would have refunded my $11.50 for the KREX ,but, I'm not going to make an issue. It is apparently their policy to automatically add KREX at every maintenance. The customer is not asked or told of this beforehand, but, assuming they realize what is going on can ask for service without KREX. Their heartwarming reason for adding KREX is to "clean the fuel injectors as the MDX has no fuel filter". Is this a crock or what???

If they think an oil additive will clean the fuel injectors, that should be your sign to never, ever, trust them with anything to do with your car
shocked.gif

I would of asked them. I think your putting it in the wrong hole then. if its for cleaning the fuel injectors.

scary I must say. and they charge what is it $50 to $75 an hour labor. sorry if this offends but techs are about the dumbest people to work on vehicles.

QUOTE"They were pleasant and are willing to change out my oil and filter. I'm sure they would have refunded my $11.50 for the KREX ,but, I'm not going to make an issue. It is apparently their policy to automatically add KREX at every maintenance. END QUOTE

Please do make an issue of it if you want their attention. If not, this sleazy dealer will continue this fraudulent practice. After all, no body ever complained.. While you are at the dealer , bring this up with any customers who are waiting and let them know that Krex costs more and does not help your engine. If customers revolt, the dealer may pay attention. If customers do nothing, this sleazy dealer will continue Krex and add another money making fake to their everyday sales. I find my local honda dealer revolting also. No Krex yet. Every time I go for service, they do something wrong. And that Honda automatic transmission is a breakdown waiting to happen nightmare.

I think the message is clear, either help them with their cash flow or go away. If you can't afford to have these extras or don't want them then you do not fit their preferred customer profile. I think they would rather you pay the bill than ask silly questions. One work about this dealership...RUN.

To answer the initial question, I bet that a letter to your attorney general office would get this practice stopped right away. I have to believe that most states have laws that prevent service garages from performing and charging for unnecessary service.

If they are milking the public on oil changes, can you imagine what they are doing on other repair work?

I've seen some Toyota dealers just add BG MOA without the customers consent.They did a bunch of times on my mother in law's Corolla.

The BG stuff ain't cheap either!

Pablo said it right,,do a UOA if you feel needed,,,,,though I do not think the KREX graphite add will damage your engine,,myself do a change out,use Schaeffers 5w-30,,with a Pure one filter,,change at 3k, then 5-7k ,,,,,,,,,,,the results will be good,and NO adds,,,,,,BL

Well, KREX makes two products, a graphite oil additive and a fuel additive. Which did they put in? The fuel additive is the only thing that would have something to do with the fuel system. If they put in the fuel additive then you don't need an oil change and nothing was hurt, except your pocket book.

Boy it's good to that even though I age these dealer scams still stay young
grin.gif
. I had a new 1972 VW Beetle and they put so many extra charge oil additives in during the oil change service I asked whether they could add any actual oil without overfilling the tiny sump on a Beetle
rolleyes.gif

Whimsey

Has anyone mentioned a written complaint to Honda NA? This is the second mention of Krex and Honda stealerships on this website (do a search). What the F@#$?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back