Leatherman factory

How many products can claim their center of gravity is engineering- bringing better engineered, quality tools to market. A lot more engineers at Leatherman than I would have guessed. 200 steps to make a Leatherman.

Kudos to Leatherman- a USA designed AND manufactured tool. I always prefer a Letherman over a Gerber.

Awesome video, thanks for posting! A must watch for a BITOGer.

How many products can claim their center of gravity is engineering- bringing better engineered, quality tools to market. A lot more engineers at Leatherman than I would have guessed. 200 steps to make a Leatherman.

Kudos to Leatherman- a USA designed AND manufactured tool. I always prefer a Letherman over a Gerber.

Awesome video, thanks for posting! A must watch for a BITOGer.

Gerber was a good knife way back when. I carried one during my USCG time. When they got bought by Fiskars a lot changed.

My personal view on tools (knives are tools...) ;
Any tool made to do many things does not do 1 thing well.
A 6 way screwdriver is the first exception and a Leatherman is on the exception list a couple steps down.

I have two Leatherman multi tools. One is the original design and the other is the Wave. I find myself using the original more often.

This is my vintage Super Tool. I wish they would harden the screwdriver blades.
20221102_121500_cropped.jpg

I work on firearms on the side and know about proper blade/slot fit. THB, how tight can a small screw be?

My personal view on tools (knives are tools...) ;
Any tool made to do many things does not do 1 thing well.
A 6 way screwdriver is the first exception and a Leatherman is on the exception list a couple steps down.
In the field, with no space or weight for tools- a Leatherman has saved my dupa more than a handful of times. The needle nose on a Leatherman is awesome, along with most every other tool in that compact body.

Can't praise a Leatherman enough- it is no pretender, a Leatherman is the real deal. If I could have one tool, it would be a Leatherman.

In the field, with no space or weight for tools- a Leatherman has saved my dupa more than a handful of times. The needle nose on a Leatherman is awesome, along with most every other tool in that compact body.

Can't praise a Leatherman enough- it is no pretender, a Leatherman is the real deal. If I could have one tool, it would be a Leatherman.
Agreed

I've carried the same Leatherman for over 20 years, including 10 in the army. It's a tool kit in your pocket. Sure a full chest of tools is better, but you can't hump a chest of tools through the bush when you are on patrol and already packed down with water, food, ammo etc. while trying to stay quiet.

Same with riding motorcycles, good to carry a Leatherman with you.

They are 10000% better than a Swiss Army Knife, which is just a glorified kids toy.

My Mom gave me a Leatherman over 30 years ago, and I carried it in my G suit pocket. Had it on combat missions, and used it a few times in the cockpit. Still have it, it sits in my Tundra glovebox, and the leather case is worn smooth on the outside, but the tool still looks and works like new.

So you're saying Leatherman was the first to make a multi tool ? interesting .
Nope didn't say that, Leatherman is the best the others are not.

I'm not sure about this one, maybe it's better.

Nope didn't say that, Leatherman is the best the others are not.

I'm not sure about this one, maybe it's better.

Victorinox builds a pretty good multi tool.

Not like the old style swiss army knife, but more like the leatherman.
They seem to be pretty solid, & the knives have held a good edge.

Back